Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

affordable ho alts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

affordable ho alts

anyone know of affordable ho alts that i may not know of?

cuz i know of dc,irragi,ea,mechman,ohio gen,

What is a ho alts?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

maybe High Output alternator?
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        maybe High Output alternator?
        Hmmm, could be. I wish people would actually type in proper English.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Hmmm, could be. I wish people would actually type in proper English.
          ho is a abbreviation for high output, its pretty well known. Pontiac has engine, 3800 Series II L36 SFI HO. Or the Ford 5.0 HO, I'd say its proper English.

To the OP, ive seen some on ebay awhile back for around 140, haven't really looked recently
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            ho is a abbreviation for high output, its pretty well known. Pontiac has engine, 3800 Series II L36 SFI HO. Or the Ford 5.0 HO, I'd say its proper English.

To the OP, ive seen some on ebay awhile back for around 140, haven't really looked recently
            H.O would be an abbreviation.

A 'ho' would be what you would find down a dark alley with 'alts' being some sort of infection associated to it.

OP - What do you want a High output Alt for?
            Do you have extra audio equipment or electrical accessories that requires a need for it?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

^^^ this made me start cracking up

remember... hes looking for affordable ones...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yes a high output alternator and yes im running lots of audio. and i just cant seem to justify the 400-500 those companys want for a h.o. alt

Comment

Originally posted by onelivinlarge
                  91 honda accord lx
                  Dude I have no HO alt and have a 2x bigger system than you really no need in it just the batt...I even have the same batt and it aint that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cheese20323 View Post
                    Dude I have no HO alt and have a 2x bigger system than you really no need in it just the batt...I even have the same batt and it aint that bad.
                    WRONG!

I want to know what kind of equipment you have and if you have a volt meter to monitor your voltage. I have a 165 amp alt, big3, redtop in the front, XS power battery in the rear and when I still had my Orion xtr pro2400, it would go down to low 12's on full tilt. I've killed alternators because of systems before. I can almpst guarantee that you're not getting the power you should from your amps if all you're feeding it with is a stock alt.

So how big is your capacitor?

OP: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...#ht_1067wt_754
                    Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

Mechman or DC power is your best bet. Why? You might get a cheaper alt off of ebay, but after you've replaced it twice, ruined a couple batteries from overcharging and abuse, then fry an amp or two from undervoltage you'll WISH you just did it right in the first place...

Do you just drive around with a bigger system that's not installed, or do the laws of physics not exist where you live? Batteries STORE power, they don't generate it.

Comment

Originally posted by osl View Post
                        WRONG!

I want to know what kind of equipment you have and if you have a volt meter to monitor your voltage. I have a 165 amp alt, big3, redtop in the front, XS power battery in the rear and when I still had my Orion xtr pro2400, it would go down to low 12's on full tilt. I've killed alternators because of systems before. I can almpst guarantee that you're not getting the power you should from your amps if all you're feeding it with is a stock alt.

So how big is your capacitor?

OP: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...#ht_1067wt_754
                        I run no capacitor smart one. Don't need one have a duralast gold ontop and thats it. MY voltage never drops below 12.8v He is running like 500rms I doubt his voltage drops as low as mine he does not need this I do not really need it either been running like this for over 6 months no problems you just need to know how to set everything right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                          Mechman or DC power is your best bet. Why? You might get a cheaper alt off of ebay, but after you've replaced it twice, ruined a couple batteries from overcharging and abuse, then fry an amp or two from undervoltage you'll WISH you just did it right in the first place...

Do you just drive around with a bigger system that's not installed, or do the laws of physics not exist where you live? Batteries STORE power, they don't generate it.
                          Mechman and DC power are nice alts but in this guys position he needs no alternator...high output for that matter. I don't drive around bumping it all the time...my system is for mostly used at full tilt when demoing occasionally when driving no that much so an alternator is pretty worthless in my opinion.

Comment

Mechman and DC power are nice alts but in this guys position he needs no alternator...high output for that matter. I don't drive around bumping it all the time...my system is for mostly used at full tilt when demoing occasionally when driving no that much so an alternator is pretty worthless in my opinion.
                            Are you basing this off of when he posted his system in the topic post or just guessing at his wattage? And a full 6 months? Wow that's a long time for a system to last...And who do you demo for lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X