Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake Lamp Light Is On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brake light also sporadiclly come on but I think water may have got into my tail lights it has a small crack

Comment

Im a little late here, but my tail light warning light has done that to me too. So far its harmless, and occasionally turns off on its own. So far the issue for me is when the car is cold it may not be reading its own lights/warnings properly. Once the block is warmed if the light hasnt turned off i check the lamps, so far all good. The guys at my local shop even said it can be a common issue as the quad light system on it can have some pretty goofy wiring sometimes.

Dont worry, its not damaging anything.

EDIT: read that it was your subs, and just realized i have custom made Kenwood speakers than ran me $1000 and shake the hell out of the car with bass. And since i put the sound system in myself the techs didnt know.... my problem has just been solved as well.

Comment

same thing as been randomly popping up on me

Comment

I had the same problem, and i just ignored it. I had the rear turn signal socket go out on mine and had to order a new harness from Honda, which happened to include the brown box, which fixed the brake lamp indicator problem.

Comment

Have you even bothered top check if the resistor box aka brown or black box in the taillights has a broken fusible link, I also went to the yard and took a few boxes assuming they would work and all the fusible links were burnt. Open them up with a flat head screw driver and check for burnt connections. Its always a break in the wiring whethe its bulbs, grounds or resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by evilbender View Post
              i have my brake lamp on but all my brakes work lol so i dont care about it.
              touche

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Just got my cb less than a month ago and same problem. None of my trunk lights work. Not even reverse. I have to try all this. Didn't know where to begin other than looking to see if bulbs were burned.

Comment

I recently just replaced my Master cylinder and brake switch. My brakes would lose all pressure due to a bad cylinder (thankfully didn't have to bleed out my brakes). My brake lamp in dash would always be on as well so I replaced the switch and all is good

Comment

This is a sorta old post and I did read it all. My son has his 91 coupe brake lights on...None of you answered the question asked..." How do we fix the switch or whatever?" Someone said it's a 2¢ fix...So give us your 2¢. I know it's a part that came off..some small rubber push piece...what does it look like and besides a junk yard..how do you ask for it at the dealer? I don't even know what to put in search query here?
                    Last edited by SilverShadow; 09-11-2013, 04:58 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Excellent I was just looking for something like this. Now I can get a head start and make sure everything is golden!!!

Comment

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catcgry5=PEDAL

Can someone tell me what # that little rubber gromet is that is for the switch?

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

update: LOL walked in to a Honda dealer this afternoon and sat down to give the guy a description of what I needed...I said one sentence and he pops up real quick gabs from a pile a bag. Then gets the part in my hand in a sec and says "Very common" and out the door I went! $3 ! All I said was "91 coupe brake lights...." didn't even finish the sentence! We will see if that is the fix. stayyyy Tuned!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                            update: LOL walked in to a Honda dealer this afternoon and sat down to give the guy a description of what I needed...I said one sentence and he pops up real quick gabs from a pile a bag. Then gets the part in my hand in a sec and says "Very common" and out the door I went! $3 ! All I said was "91 coupe brake lights...." didn't even finish the sentence! We will see if that is the fix. stayyyy Tuned!

Congrats. Keep us posted and try and maybe get a part number? If it works for you I may need to see if I can find the part for mine.

Comment

@SilverShadow

I am curious too on your fix. What part is it?
                              92 DX Sedan - Auto

Comment

The service guy gave me a small white button size type part...When my son comes over later today, I will have him give me the part #. and a picture and hopefully he can take a photo of where it goes.The location is real tight by the brake pad. I'm too worn to get in that location to see. I don't do upside down well.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                                X