Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new radio not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new radio not working

I bought a brand new pioneer deh 3400ub before I had a p.o.s aiwa that stopped working a while ago... so I bought the radio did the crimping and what not all by myself thanks to my electricity teacher for lending me a crimper and giving me some butt connectors. So I finish crimping the wires go out to my Honda remove the aiwa that stopped working and plug in the new radio so I turn the key to the ACC position and the radio did not turn on so I turned the car off and checked the wiring and everything seemed fine no loose wiring. So I head over to the auto tech teacher to get the key to a cb7 that's been sitting there with no radio and I plugged in the new radio and it worked O.o..

is there something wrong with the wiring for the radio connection in my Honda?
    Thank you in advance

Did you install it with the battery connected? Have you checked fuses? Also crimping is a point of failure, go back and ask you teacher for a soldering iron, solder, and liquid tape.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      Did you install it with the battery connected? Have you checked fuses? Also crimping is a point of failure, go back and ask you teacher for a soldering iron, solder, and liquid tape.
      The battery is new and the fuses I have checked under the hood and on the inside on the driver side they arent burnt out but its weird tho theres a CB7 in the lot that the students in auto tech class are using to toy around with and when I plugged it in the coupe it worked fine... looks like imma have to go back to the electricity shop and solder the wires feel old 2 years graduated and going back to school lol oh well lets see what happens with the soldering...

Comment

Maybe you should have spent more time in English class for two reasons. Your reading comprehension seems lacking as you didn't answer my question about the car battery being connected or not when you did the install. Secondly you need to use punctuation... I get a headache reading posts like these and it is only polite to structure your sentences so that those who help you can clearly understand your request. Not trying to be a dick, but man...

If you installed the stereo with the battery in the car you might have just trashed some of the car's harness at worse, and at best you just fried a fuse, check them with a multimeter not by eye (harness and fuses)... Never install a stereo with the battery connected.

I don't care if your battery is new it is irrelevant.

Comment

Maybe you should have spent more time in English class for two reasons. Your reading comprehension seems lacking as you didn't answer my question about the car battery being connected or not when you did the install. Secondly you need to use punctuation... I get a headache reading posts like these and it is only polite to structure your sentences so that those who help you can clearly understand your request. Not trying to be a dick, but man...

If you installed the stereo with the battery in the car you might have just trashed some of the car's harness at worse, and at best you just fried a fuse, check them with a multimeter not by eye (harness and fuses)... Never install a stereo with the battery connected.

I don't care if your battery is new it is irrelevant.
          Sorry wildbill lol
          1. No the battery was not connected while being installed.
          2. I have checked all the fuses before re-connecting the battery
          When I go back to the shop to redo the wires I'm going to use a multi-meter to test out the power output.

Comment

How did you check the fuses exactly? Also checking them before connecting the battery is worthless, check after connecting the battery. Use a multimeter on them, also did you check every fuse in the fuse box for continuity? Lastly go through the harness with the multimeter or just run a fesh new chassis ground and positive wire.

Thank Dog you didn't do it with the battery installed.

Comment

How did you check the fuses exactly? Also checking them before connecting the battery is worthless, check after connecting the battery. Use a multimeter on them, also did you check every fuse in the fuse box for continuity? Lastly go through the harness with the multimeter or just run a fesh new chassis ground and positive wire.

Thank Dog you didn't do it with the battery installed.
              Thank Dog? lol

1. Well I pulled the fuse out to see if the bridge in the middle was burnt out and it wasn't.
              2. I did not have a multimeter at the time of the install to check for continuity on the rest of the fuses.
              3. I will use the multimeter to see if the wiring harness is getting current through and if there's no current going through the harness I'm guessing I'm gonna have to replace the wiring. also I will check to see if the fuses are getting current.

Comment

Dog = dyslexic God

Yes check the continuity, even if the fuse looks good that can infact be bad.

Comment

check your ground, i had a similar problem the other day and i did i didnt connect the ground directly to the plugs/harness.
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

In most cases it is actually better to run a new ground directly to the frame with a thicker wire to reduce EMF noise.

Comment

In most cases it is actually better to run a new ground directly to the frame with a thicker wire to reduce EMF noise.
                      Really? First I'm gonna use the multimeter to see if current runs through and if nothing I'm gonna take my Honda to my friends friends shop to replace it for me and install it for me properly without frying wires.

Comment

Hey Wildbill let's say I don't take my Honda to my friends friends shop to replace the wiring what gauge wiring would you suggest I use?

Comment

18 awg or the same gauge as the aftermarket stereo harness.

Comment

Check to make sure that your wires arent grounding out on the metal mounts behind the radio, also make sure you grounded the radio. My issue when I installed my radio was that it was grounding out.
                            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

thats what i figured, but i bolt it directly to frame and nothing happend. when i connected the ground the the ground wire on harness it worked. i still dont understand why but the radio sounds better than what did when it was in my previous car
                              FRIENDS
                              DONT LET
                              FRIENDS
                              ROLL ON
                              ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
                              X