Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bose VS. Boston Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bose designs an audio system for the cb7? Cause if it's just speakers then it isn't designed for the car...last I heard when they designed an audio system they went all out.

if it's just speakers...why not go for something cheaper that sounds as good/better?

or maybe I'm not following you here
    ____

Comment

I have a Boston system powered by Alpine amps, and everyone that hears it likes it (except my old room mate, but all he listens for is loud bass, lol). Bose is okay for factory stuff, considering it came with the car...but factory stuff sucks, especially considering it's almost 20 years old now. Hell, even my aftermarket stuff that was arguably top-of-the-line when it came out ~10 years ago sounds poor compared to most decent stuff today (to reassure you that it really was good when it came out, realize that a lot of research has gone into speaker manufacturing in the last decade or so, especially into making the cones more rigid, and improving tolerances in the manufacturing process...so rest assured that new high-end Boston components will still be in the top tier of car audio speakers).

You need to be aware though, that a Boston system won't be cheap (most of my stuff was in the car when I bought it, but the grand total for all of it new would have been over $2000, probably closer to $2300 or so)...even if you get their low-end stuff, which I wouldn't recommend, you're still talking about a fair wad of cash. I'd buy Alpine over low-end Boston any day, and I'd only consider Boston if you're gonna go all out and get the Pro series (or their Z line)...but even then, Alpine's Type X components are supposed to be really nice.

What I'd do, is try and come up with a budget of what you're willing to spend, and then we can help you out some more. Also, let us know what you are looking for, i.e. do you like sound quality, or SPL? That makes a huge difference in what you should buy. For example, Boston are definitely oriented towards SQ, so if you like SPL, you're looking at the wrong brand(s) completely.

I've got a question for you: why did you just mention Boston Acoustics, and no other companies? Have you heard they are supposed to be good, or did you hear some Boston speakers and like them, or what?

Oh, and I gotta be honest, the magnets on those Nakamichi components look puny compared to my Pro's (but I bet they sound nice, I've heard a lot of rave reviews on Nakamichi's stuff...have yet to hear it in person though)...which probably helps explain why my Pro's are ridiculously power hungry, lol (seriously, max. peak power handling is 400 Watts...most people say the ideal power for them is around 150W RMS..they claim 90dB sensitivity, but I find that hard to believe)

Here's my setup if you're curious:

Head Unit: Alpine head unit with 3-disc in-dash changer (model # 3DA-W882)

Amp for front/rear speakers: Alpine MRV-M345

Front speakers: Boston Pro5.5's (5.25" components, they're the ones that were released in 1999-2000, not the new ones) (tweeters are in the kick panel area...this is important, don't put them up by the dash, it ruins imaging and they'll sound washed out in the crossover region around 1-2kHz)

Rear speakers: Boston RM9 6x9's

sub: Boston G210 10" dual voice coil sub (powered w/ Alpine MRD-M300)
      Last edited by cjv998; 02-09-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Bose = Blows....

Go with BA

Comment

Originally posted by Todds91
          I was thinking of putting the stock Bose system in my car but i dont know if i should do that or go with a Boston Acoustics aftermarket system

What do you guys think i should do?
          I don't know about the Bose but I do NOT like Boston Acoustics.
          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

they are really good brands but chose bose thumbs up.....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
              http://www.nakamichi.com/

Nakamichi's been around for a long time. They did mostly home audio until the early 80s, when they decided to get into car audio. They were one of the first companies to market an in-dash multi-dic CD player that used a single slot for loading rather than a cartridge. They've always been more of an audiophile brand, and they're a bit more of an obscure brand, sort of like McIntosh.
              Thanks for the information man. Im gonna do some diggin and read up on that brand!

Comment

LAst week for the 1st time ever i heard a BOSE system at the bar!

Jus 2 speakers and a SUB, and lemme tell u something, THESE 2 speakers, sounded fuckin great. I can imagine how a BOSE car system will sound
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

no highs no lows myst be BOSE
                  BOSE= Buy other sound equipment

Bose are terrible for the price, my car came with the bose stereo and it was junk

My Members Ride Page

Comment

http://www.hometheaterblog.com/homet...bout_bose.html
                    http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

That should clear things up for the nay sayers.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Bose=Hard to find/Expensive new.
                      Boston Acoustics=Middle of the road in terms of quality/Durability.
                      I have always, and will till I die lol, Swear by Memphis or Polk Audio stuff.
                      So, if you want to spend a little more money go with Memphis/Polk, never had any issues, and they fucking POUND.
                      Last edited by zack_odom; 02-09-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

for house speakers bose car speakers boston although bose is the shit

96 Impala SS fund:$300
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86795

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                          Great links you've got there...I actually had the second one bookmarked already. The first one is a great objective view of Bose. Unfortunately, I see this thread rapidly degrading into a standard "Bose vs. the world" thread. All I have to say is that I've kept my mouth shut on the issue (for the most part ) so far...I just can't stand when people make decisions based on false conceptions and misinformation. Oops, maybe I've said too much.

To get back on topic again, I guess my advice is to go listen to as many brands of speakers as you can, and buy what you think sounds best; after all, if you like it, that's what matters.
                          Last edited by cjv998; 02-09-2008, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSteve
                            Thanks for the information man. Im gonna do some diggin and read up on that brand!
                            They did (do?) OEM stuff for Lexus as well...

Originally posted by bruno8747
                            You cant fit bose in the car just like that, They all have completely different wiring. And why would you choose 15 year old speakers over new technology?
                            That was my first reaction. Bose doesn't just sell speakers for cars, they make OE setups and that's it. To put a (stock) Bose system in you'd be limited to nineties technology.

I and many of my friends (two of whom have been concert sound techs) use Infinity in any car we care about. For your budget, they're worth a look.
                            Originally posted by TurboZach
                            Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                              Boston Acoustics=Middle of the road in terms of quality/Durability.
                              Apparently you've never listened to Boston's Pro Series speakers. They're easily the equal of anything else in their price range, and there are some pretty heavy hitters in that list. (JL Audio C5, Alpine SPX Pro, Focal K2 Power, Phoenix Gold Elite, MB Quart Signature Series, etc.) I might even go so far as to say the Polk Momo components aren't even in their league.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

bose are great
                                Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Working...
                                X