Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bose VS. Boston Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camurai
    Apparently you've never listened to Boston's Pro Series speakers. They're easily the equal of anything else in their price range, and there are some pretty heavy hitters in that list. (JL Audio C5, Alpine SPX Pro, Focal K2 Power, Phoenix Gold Elite, MB Quart Signature Series, etc.) I might even go so far as to say the Polk Momo components aren't even in their league.
    I'll back you up on this one, haha. I'd love to hear their newer Pro Series to see how much better they are than mine.

Comment

Well I suppose I may not have heard the pro stuff then.....
      I like the Polk Momo stuff...hmmm...Learn something everyday!
      But to the subject, Bose is crap. Always has been. Why would you over pay
      for paper cones, small magnets, crappy frequency ranges, and overall annoying sound quality?

Comment

I prefer the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System

Comment

Wow lol.
          dont they make a phone that looks like a metal donut or something?
          Like 75$ at Sharper Image lol

Comment

Originally posted by cjv998
            Great links you've got there...I actually had the second one bookmarked already. The first one is a great objective view of Bose. Unfortunately, I see this thread rapidly degrading into a standard "Bose vs. the world" thread. All I have to say is that I've kept my mouth shut on the issue (for the most part ) so far...I just can't stand when people make decisions based on false conceptions and misinformation. Oops, maybe I've said too much.

To get back on topic again, I guess my advice is to go listen to as many brands of speakers as you can, and buy what you think sounds best; after all, if you like it, that's what matters.
            I got a pretty good deal on some polk speakers from circuit city a few months back. components for the front 6x9 three ways for the back. they sound GREAT! But they will sound better with a exturnal amp based on many reviews I've read on them.

Now sorry I didn't awsner the OP in the orig post I did earlier. well I did, but only half way. I'd say go with what YOU like the sound of. if you like bose fine, then you like bose. however, there are many better options out there for the same or less money. use your head, and listen to what your ears are saying!

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan
            And Bang & Olufsen is like the "bose" for rich people with no brains (and no real ear for music).
            Last edited by pwrusr; 02-10-2008, 02:45 AM.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

LOL. PWnt.

Comment

bose is crap and all marketing

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

That's nice, but it was never engineered for the Accord, only for the Audi A8 and S8. The CB7 is a completely different listening environment. Sound systems that are designed for a particular car are meant for that particular car only. When transplanted into a different vehicle, the sound will be sub-standard. Path lengths, reflective surfaces and many other variables will be completely different and the sound quality will never be as good as it was in the original listening environment. That's why they're designed by sound ENGINEERS. A well-designed set of high-end component speakers and a quality subwoofer system will blow them away.
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                  '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end
                  Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

personnally i like boston acoustics over bose or any other brands very good bass hits very hard with a little amp i have one 12 boston running with a kenwood amp and it hits harder then my bros 2 12 in a ported box runnin with the same kenwood amp i love the boston
                    GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by hs06
                      personnally i like boston acoustics over bose or any other brands very good bass hits very hard with a little amp i have one 12 boston running with a kenwood amp and it hits harder then my bros 2 12 in a ported box runnin with the same kenwood amp i love the boston
                      What brand of subwoofers is he running? What are the parameters of the two subwoofer enclosures? Are they sealed? Ported? Bandpass? How are they tuned? What is the enclosure volume of each, and are they properly matched to the drivers? Are the drivers impedance matched to the amp? How are the systems oriented in the vehicle? What is the interior volume of each vehicle? All of these factors will make a difference in how a subwoofer sounds.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end
                      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

dont waste your time putting in a stock stereo system. mostly because its going to be old, and 2 stock sucks.

get new equipment. boston makes excellent stuff.

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                          And Bang & Olufsen is like the "bose" for rich people with no brains (and no real ear for music).
                          Whoa, sorry if I offended you but I was joking. As I'm sure everyone knows there is no reason to put Bang & Olufen's in a CB7, nor a car it they weren't designed for.

Comment

Whoa, sorry if I offended you but I was joking. As I'm sure everyone knows there is no reason to put Bang & Olufen's in a CB7, nor a car it they weren't designed for.
                            Sorry to come accross that way. I'm a hard person to offend especially online. But audio stuff is one of many hobbies I enjoy alot. I really should have added this to my other post...
                            Bang & Olufen does make some cool stuff I must admit. But again you can get the same end result sound wise and also spend alot less just doing a bit of research. Won't look as cool though
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey has anyone heard audio from the new Pioneer lava fiber speakers?

Comment

why is a stock system being compared to an aftermarket system??? this is really a waste of time.... ask any installer....
                                Members Ride sold...
                                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X