Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93SE - All Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, very clean

Comment

I wondered the same re: steering wheel audio controls. While they are now commonplace on EX/SE models, I thought they should have wired that up with the OEM Bose setup back then. Not counting the extras on the 3rd gen even in '89, I bet the Canadian version had at least the added heated mirrors/heated front seats.

The 1st SE-i in '85 (USDM) was a big deal since it was the first accord with fuel injection (and also 14" alloys), which became the LX-i option starting in '86.

That explains why I didn't recall the spoiler on the sedan. The same was done with the coupe only '93 SE spoiler as well. At least you were able to get the spoiler in the same color.

Yes I wasn't a big fan of the seat belts. Back then it was right before the fully passive (motorized) belts on USDM vehicles, circa '89. VW Golf/Jettas from '89 were the same way. For me, the best thing about them was that they were not the motorized ones. I recall being pleased after having the '89 to have the Accord I have now ('92) and getting back to 3 point belts.

re: mats, yes the first owner of my Accord never bought the mats (I believe the 4th gen was the first model that did not come with them--because they were now accessory only), but left me dark brown rubber DX 3rd gen mats. I still use those as daily mats and now have a used OEM set under them. For my 1st gen TL the mats were great, but I found a blowout on a leftover set and use plastic matching ones above the original ones and keep the others as spares.

I recall the same color (or very close) to that Brittany Blue Green on a '92 JDM CB3 that a past member named UK - ACCORD used to have. It was an OEM color with a gray interior---a great color not available USDM for the CB7---but should have been.

I hope wherever your old third gen went, that someone at least replaced the transmission and keeps its at least 50% as nice as when you had it. When I first bought my '92 after totaling the '89, it took me several months of detailing neglect before I starting warming up to it enough to realize I liked the overal features and looks better (and even more over the 5th gen sedan).
      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

i hate my bose amp, but i am gonna restore my org inside leather and evrything

Comment

CD Player

Hiptech: Did you install the OEM CD Changer yourself?

Comment

wow dude the accords like a dream care just needs to be 5 speed

Comment

That's awesome man! You make me totally hopefully for the future. I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to keeping my car clean and if yours looks like that after all these years of proper maintenance and care, then I'm sure mine's got a bright future ahead

Comment

Awesome cars
                WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Beautiful cars! Your neighborhood looks exactly like a friend of mines from Chandler.

Comment

wow what a clean car man.... so nice
                    Last edited by Jarrett; 01-19-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=hiptech;1990035]

holy crap, i had one, 1988 Honda Accord Lx, it was in mint condition, loved it so much, but fell in loved with my Cb7 at first sight, so i sold it.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

A question about value...

Greetings everyone,

Since I've been on this site over the years I have learned a lot from all of you. Unfortunately, I am not as avid a moder anymore as most of you are (witness my less than 30 posts keeping me from playing with big boys). That's probably due to my age and some health issues, hate to admit it but will soon be 61.

In any case we've owned several Accords over the years and have tried to take good care of them (possibly better than average). As mentioned here, my first, was an 89SE-i 4dr followed by this 93SE (our 2nd) and most recently I inherited my late father's 00EXV6 which I bought new for him. Since the 93SE hasn't changed much since I posted this thread it looks pretty much the same.

That said, my wife and I have started discussing the possibility of selling off some of the "collection." Seems like I'm always being asked by ppl when I might decide to sell any of our cars so I thought I'd run it past you guys first. Since most here are devotes of the CB7 I hope you don't mind...

A little background:
                        The 93SE (Cashmere Met) 4-dr was purchased new (as I always do) and obsessively maintained (mostly be me) and by several independent Honda mechanics. Fluid, filter changes and service have meticulously been followed (mostly) far more frequently than severe recommendations using almost always Honda parts. I always change coolant, transmission and battery every year despite very low annual miles (time & heat is the enemy right?). That's why the engine and tranny still operate very well even with less than 127K miles. The car refuses to burn any oil that I can detect.

The car has about 90&#37; original paint with only minor bumper cover damage over the years which were replaced and repainted. Most of the credit for the paint lasting so long goes to my wife who faithfully followed my threats and covered the car every day (except rain) whenever she parked at work and all other times is garaged. BTW, she is also good at finding "enders" to park at and avoiding door dings. Living in the southwest the car has never been exposed to anything other than occasional rain and dust.

I have EVERY document related to the car including windows stickers, sale bill, parts and service receipts, fuel mileage logs (since day one), brochures, Helm manual, several extra floor mat sets (still new), 23.5lbs of a 30lb container of Forane 12 refrigerant (purchased at Costco in '96 before it was banned to the public) and more. Recently I had the Bose stereo overhauled and added an aux connection. I still need to install it and wire up a USB charger port which I plan to locate in one of the seat heater plug blanks (center console). Other than running a hardwire for the Valentine V1 I haven't done any real mods to her.

The Bad stuff:
                        Despite numerous replacements over the years, all the wheels have been curbed (thanks to my wonderful wife). Nothing horrible, only noticeable when you're looking for it. Some slight leather cracking (mostly on the driver seat, as expected). The handbrake chrome release tip has delaminated (not chrome anymore). Driver's power door lock maybe wearing (occasionally takes 2 tries to fully engage) using the power door lock switch. Alarm system failed and has been removed, mostly little things like that.

So here is the question. Is this car more valuable than the Kelly Blue Book range (Good = $2087 to Excellent = $2315) or is there a better source to determine value?
                        Last edited by hiptech; 01-19-2015, 01:35 PM.
                        My Collection:
                        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

KBB doesn't really account for limited production special editions. But yes a top dollar CB7 may command 2500-3000.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                            Greetings everyone,

Since I've been on this site over the years I have learned a lot from all of you. Unfortunately, I am not as avid a moder anymore as most of you are (witness my less than 30 posts keeping me from playing with big boys). That's probably due to my age and some health issues, hate to admit it but will soon be 61.

In any case we've owned several Accords over the years and have tried to take good care of them (possibly better than average). As mentioned here, my first, was an 89SE-i 4dr followed by this 93SE (our 2nd) and most recently I inherited my late father's 00EXV6 which I bought new for him. Since the 93SE hasn't changed much since I posted this thread it looks pretty much the same.

That said, my wife and I have started discussing the possibility of selling off some of the "collection." Seems like I'm always being asked by ppl when I might decide to sell any of our cars so I thought I'd run it past you guys first. Since most here are devotes of the CB7 I hope you don't mind...

A little background:
                            The 93SE (Cashmere Met) 4-dr was purchased new (as I always do) and obsessively maintained (mostly be me) and by several independent Honda mechanics. Fluid, filter changes and service have meticulously been followed (mostly) far more frequently than severe recommendations using almost always Honda parts. I always change coolant, transmission and battery every year despite very low annual miles (time & heat is the enemy right?). That's why the engine and tranny still operate very well even with less than 127K miles. The car refuses to burn any oil that I can detect.

The car has about 90% original paint with only minor bumper cover damage over the years which were replaced and repainted. Most of the credit for the paint lasting so long goes to my wife who faithfully followed my threats and covered the car every day (except rain) whenever she parked at work and all other times is garaged. BTW, she is also good at finding "enders" to park at and avoiding door dings. Living in the southwest the car has never been exposed to anything other than occasional rain and dust.

I have EVERY document related to the car including windows stickers, sale bill, parts and service receipts, fuel mileage logs (since day one), brochures, Helm manual, several extra floor mat sets (still new), 23.5lbs of a 30lb container of Forane 12 refrigerant (purchased at Costco in '96 before it was banned to the public) and more. Recently I had the Bose stereo overhauled and added an aux connection. I still need to install it and wire up a USB charger port which I plan to locate in one of the seat heater plug blanks (center console). Other than running a hardwire for the Valentine V1 I haven't done any real mods to her.

The Bad stuff:
                            Despite numerous replacements over the years, all the wheels have been curbed (thanks to my wonderful wife). Nothing horrible, only noticeable when you're looking for it. Some slight leather cracking (mostly on the driver seat, as expected). The handbrake chrome release tip has delaminated (not chrome anymore). Driver's power door lock maybe wearing (occasionally takes 2 tries to fully engage) using the power door lock switch. Alarm system failed and has been removed, mostly little things like that.

So here is the question. Is this car more valuable than the Kelly Blue Book range (Good = $2087 to Excellent = $2315) or is there a better source to determine value?

I would definitely put it on ebay. We had ours for sale locally and no one even wanted to pay $2000 for it (91 lx with 90,000, mint condition from my grandmother) We put it on ebay and the car went for over $5000. This was back in 08. I dont think you would have a problem getting atleast $3500 for it, if not more. Throw it on ebay and see what happens!

Comment

Super clean

Comment

Both cars are super clean. The third gen was both my parents favorite Accord. Had 2 of them as family cars when I was growing up. But that CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X