Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93SE - All Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot guys, it's always great to come here where ppl appreciate hard work and devotion to their rides... I really do admire all you have done to your rides too!

BTW, can anyone help me with this?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=131855

Thanks
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Super Clean Accords!

Comment

Dayum, an mint SE, with all the accessories, only thing that would put it into the ULTIMATE category would be if it was a coupe SE.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

^^^ disagree, 4 doors better because it was actually manufactured in Japan were the coupes are US, not that its a bad thing but... JHM FTW

love your car buddy... i got a 93 SE as well and i always thought it was so mint but your car is just... wow, ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

thanks looks nice, nd fresh
            My ride History:
            Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
            Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
            Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
            -----------------------------------
            1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

beyond clean dude i'd be tempted to leave that stock as a collectors item. btw...

If you want that orange maintenace required light below your tach to turn green stick your key in the little slot thing to the left to your tachometer and it will switch back to green

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics of the '89 SE-i. That was the last SE year that Honda really went all out to make it different than the other trim levels. Even the '85 SE-i was quite decked out for its day. Not that the '93 SE doesn't deserve credit for being a 4th gen with the styling so many of us like.

I can't recall the last time I saw a picture of an '89 SE-i with the optional OEM fog light & covers. And outside of the southwest its tough to keep an OEM full nose mask (including the patches over the lights) on all the time without paint damage. The SE-i model is the only one that really made me like the 3rd gen even more. I had an '89 LX-i coupe, and always liked the brittany blue metallic coupe SE Honda offered then as well.

That's good you have backup '93 SE mats, those have been gone for ages. I have what appears to be an unused OEM 6 disc changer, but don't have an SE and don't have the changer control (needed for non SEs) and have thought I may not use it. I have the single disc attached to an OEM HU still.
                Last edited by mrvinyl33; 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

WOW BOth are super CLEAN ... Im loving the 89

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

I wish my SE looked half that good. Mine is 20ft nice haha. Up close there's a lot of tiny dents & scratches.
                    But, we weren't the first owners, so I guess that's expected.
                    Still jealous of yours.
                    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                    1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                    1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                    1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                    1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

nice.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33 View Post
                        Thanks for posting the pics of the '89 SE-i. That was the last SE year that Honda really went all out to make it different than the other trim levels. Even the '85 SE-i was quite decked out for its day. Not that the '93 SE doesn't deserve credit for being a 4th gen with the styling so many of us like.

I can't recall the last time I saw a picture of an '89 SE-i with the optional OEM fog light & covers. And outside of the southwest its tough to keep an OEM full nose mask (including the patches over the lights) on all the time without paint damage. The SE-i model is the only one that really made me like the 3rd gen even more. I had an '89 LX-i coupe, and always liked the brittany blue metallic coupe SE Honda offered then as well.

That's good you have backup '93 SE mats, those have been gone for ages. I have what appears to be an unused OEM 6 disc changer, but don't have an SE and don't have the changer control (needed for non SEs) and have thought I may not use it. I have the single disc attached to an OEM HU still.
                        The biggest sticking point for me with the 93 SE is why did they leave out the steering wheel mounted radio controls!? The '89 SE-i had them and they were great!

I remember seeing the 93 Legacy with the same wheel and thought I could retrofit it but was never able to figure it out... BTW, anyone here ever done it?

It's funny how many ppl still seem to prefer the 3rd gen to the 4th gen, at least based on comments I've heard over the years. Must say while the '93 is bigger, more powerful and handles well, but the '89 was more maneuverable and slightly more aerodynamic (it least it looked that way to me).

The OEM fogs back in '89 were really sweet, they worked with both the park lights and/or headlights right out of the box - no mods needed. Though the dash switch wasn't as smooth as the other factory switches.

The rear spoiler was a risky proposition. For some reason Honda didn't offer it on the 4-doors so I took a chance with one from a 2-door. Luckily I managed to align it correctly before drilling.

You're right about the Brittany blue coupe, I always thought it was one of the best looking 2 doors Honda designed. It was a tough choice going with the 4-door. The downside on the coupe for me was no factory installed moonroof and those quasi-passive front seat belts. Also, the coupe design had just come out as a mid-year offering in '88 and was wildly popular. Not only were they in short supply, but dealer markups made them a terrible value. One dealer wanted over $1200 over list (this was 20 years ago) with a waiting period of 6 months and wouldn't guarantee color.

The Bose stereo still sounds excellent and was a big selling point. But after reading an article in Automotive News at the time about Honda and transplants in America I noticed how the European and Asian models were offering way more features. Seems like everyone else was getting automatic climate control, power seats, heated mirrors, etc. Then, like now, we didn't get all the goodies. In fact somewhere buried away I have a copy of the article with a pic of a '93 with auto climate control. If I ever find it, I'll scan and post.

Funny thing about the mats, I always doubled up whenever I buy a car but never wear them out. I end up buying some aftermarkets and throw them over the OEMs. Years later, the original mats end up looking brand new.
                        Last edited by hiptech; 04-03-2009, 07:11 PM.
                        My Collection:
                        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                          Funny thing about the mats, I always doubled up whenever I buy a car but never wear them out. I end up buying some aftermarkets and throw them over the OEMs. Years later, the original mats end up looking brand new.
                          Mine look decent, the embroidery on the driver's mat doesn't look great, but not bad. I keep a set of all weather mats on top of them. And mine didn't have a front passenger mat when we bought it.
                          2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                          1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                          1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                          1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                          1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                          1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                          1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Simply WOW!

Comment

It's crazy...he has a museum!
                              Rolled Out 93 Coupe

Comment

Those have to be 2 of the cleanest accords I have ever seen! Good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X