Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Finished the hood on uzume!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the hood on uzume!

For those not following along on facebook, my hood paint was shot. It had been repainted, no clear, and then it looked like it was waxed and left in the sun. The best I could ever get it to look was either wiped down with wd-40 or tire shine, or just washed all to hell and left to dry, no waxing. I figured I could mess with it a little, and in a worst case scenario, sand it and paint it flat black. I think I'll leave it now.

Still needs a wash and a few clear coats, but the artwork is as done as it's going to be. lol
    All done free hand and brush painted for that old school look. (Except for the kimono it's rattled canned, plastic wrapped and then has two colors applied by hand for effect.)

The Kanji on the passenger side is a haiku of my own creaton and reads:
    "The flavors of spring
    Sweeten the air that I breathe;
    Tire smoke and fuel"

The Kanji on the driver side is the name of the Japanese Goddess of laughter, dawn and erotica; Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto (the name came after I got the laughing gas ). I just call her uzume for short.

Sickness. Just some morrow clear and then a buff and lookout.
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Hmmm... different. Good job Jon

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i love it

Comment

fucking badass dude. that poem is really good too.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

mad chinesedm, bro

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by agol View Post
              mad chinesedm, bro
              There's nothing Chinese on there.

The pics don't do it justice, and video doesn't either. The metallics are beautiful as you move past it, and I think it's really going to pop after it gets the clear. I hate her hands, but I wasn't trying it again. I'd reached the point of "If I try it again, it'll be worse." lol
              Last edited by visualpoet; 09-21-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

try the hands again the proportion is killing it, but i feel your pain positioned hands are hard to draw. the indentation on the head where you wanted to show the brow (where the eye separates the forehead and cheek) is a bit deep. i see where you were going and it's dope. i would do the woman larger though, you've got a lot of space to work with, even if you have to extend her legs to the bottom edge of the hood. the kanji placement is excellent, way to use the design of the hood to your benefit!

how'd you go about drawing on your hood? did you draw out the concept and then redraw it on the hood?

bravo to you man, bravo!

Comment

i know, just the picture reminds me of chinese artwork. plus all asia was influenced by china to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
                    try the hands again the proportion is killing it, but i feel your pain positioned hands are hard to draw. the indentation on the head where you wanted to show the brow (where the eye separates the forehead and cheek) is a bit deep. i see where you were going and it's dope. i would do the woman larger though, you've got a lot of space to work with, even if you have to extend her legs to the bottom edge of the hood. the kanji placement is excellent, way to use the design of the hood to your benefit!

how'd you go about drawing on your hood? did you draw out the concept and then redraw it on the hood?

bravo to you man, bravo!
                    Man, it's DONE.
                    I might extend the lines on the hand with the fan to lengthen the fingers deeper into the hand, but that's about it for them. The worst part is I can draw hands great, it's laying them down in paint that screwed me up. I think the deepset look to that eye is just lighting, there's actually copper in there to make the lid, like the other eye, but I know what you mean. It's one of the little places I plan on touching up.
                    Extending her to the hood is out of the question. Since the hood was so jacked up originally, there are many different test spots under the bra where I've checked to see how something was going to work before it happened on the car, including an attempt to use NyteShade over the paint for a sweet effect. It was sweet, as long as you only had to paint something small, with no overlapping strokes.

I've got about 12-14 hours in the hood, not counting the design itself, which I laid out in Photoshop, and then revised throughout the process.

The original goddess was a little chubby chick, but I didn't like her as much as the one I actually used.

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                      i know, just the picture reminds me of chinese artwork. plus all asia was influenced by china to begin with.
                      Ah, so.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        Man, it's DONE.
                        I might extend the lines on the hand with the fan to lengthen the fingers deeper into the hand, but that's about it for them. The worst part is I can draw hands great, it's laying them down in paint that screwed me up. I think the deepset look to that eye is just lighting, there's actually copper in there to make the lid, like the other eye, but I know what you mean. It's one of the little places I plan on touching up.
                        Extending her to the hood is out of the question. Since the hood was so jacked up originally, there are many different test spots under the bra where I've checked to see how something was going to work before it happened on the car, including an attempt to use NyteShade over the paint for a sweet effect. It was sweet, as long as you only had to paint something small, with no overlapping strokes.

I've got about 12-14 hours in the hood, not counting the design itself, which I laid out in Photoshop, and then revised throughout the process.

The original goddess was a little chubby chick, but I didn't like her as much as the one I actually used.

the chubby chick is dope... it seems bigger and like it has more "pow" for lack of a better word

all in all i like it... props to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
                          the chubby chick is dope... it seems bigger and like it has more "pow" for lack of a better word

all in all i like it... props to you.
                          She is dope, but once I started, it just evolved. It was supposed to be all shades of coppers and golds and metallic browns, and it just kept changing in my head as I thought about it.

Thanks, though.

Comment

cool man cool.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I like the way the faded spots look like storm clouds in the background. Nice work bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X