Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 on steelies from Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23a2 for 50€!!!
    ...the deal of the year !

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      Absolutely dig the work that you do, really respect that everything is DIY Thanks for all the updates, love seeing all of them
      Thanks man! Feedback like this is what keeps me going!!

I'm going to slaughter this Megan Racing stainless 4-2-1 header to build a turbo header. I feel OK to do so because an old friend of mine did cut off the downpipe flange so this header is already fucked up... Going to buy some 90 degree pipes and do some stick welding. Let's see where this is going. Gonna order the turbo soon...

Comment

Best of luck with the stick welding! I started building a trike frame with some square tubing yesterday and I kept burning holes in it. I don't think you're going to catch much flack for cutting up that megan header since they're cheap anyways. I'm curious to see what you come up with for a turbo manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
          Best of luck with the stick welding! I started building a trike frame with some square tubing yesterday and I kept burning holes in it. I don't think you're going to catch much flack for cutting up that megan header since they're cheap anyways. I'm curious to see what you come up with for a turbo manifold.
          It's not that hard to weld stainless with a stick. I'm going to tack weld it with MIG and do the final weldings with a stick, cause if I happen to burn some holes in it, at least there's no wire sticking in the pipe that can get in the turbine and destroy it. :P We've done N/A headers with a stick welder before so I don't see any problems. Let's see what we can build...

Comment

H23 head is welded now, next some milling to get it smooth. Pics:

The weld looks bad but it's well melted and will smooth out when we get to straighten the head. There's nothing that little stick welding can't do

To be continued...

Comment

My friend straigtened the head and now all it needs is new valve stem seals... Gonna go with Supertech ones. Then it's ready to be reassembled. Still much fabricating left to do, such as turbo manifold, intake manifold adapter plate, exhaust, downpipe, custom front and rear mounts to get some clearance... I'm waiting for the turbo to show up so I can start with the turbo manifold. Got some ideas for it... Stay tuned.

Comment

Some progress with the quarter panels.. Pasenger side needs some love but it's getting there. I'm so lazy... This could've been done in two days and from me it's taken what.. Like 9 months?!

Comment

Haven't done much lately.. Saving up some money to live normal life like a decent human being. I cut an old F22A7 stock header to get a flange for my first attempt to build a turbo manifold. I'm going to try log style manifold to figure out some clearance issues with stock front engine mount and the alternator. The turbo is quite small, KKK K16 from Mercedes OM606 300TD. Should work fine with my engine tho... Please keep in mind that I'm new with turbo stuff so lot's of noob questions and noob mistakes heading this way, peeps! I'm using a scap F20 head as a JIG to weld the manifold.

Comment

Yooooooooo... I might be trading the wagon for USDM coupé soon...

Comment

I still have the wagon. Last week it was idling at our driveway and once I hit the gas she died. So off I went and tried another dizzy but still couldn't get her running. I then took my H23 dizzy, disassebled it and put the coil in the F22 dizzy and she fired right up.

Not much has happened with the sedan. Still saving money for bigger investments... I'm glad I'm not in a hurry with it so I have plenty of time to think all the possibilities to make it as good as possible with my budget. Anyways, I decided not to go with a front mount intercooler, but instead of that I will put the cooler in the engine bay. It will be located where the battery goes with stock setup, kind of laying on top of the transmission right next to distributor. With this setup I'll get the shortest chargepipes with less bends on them.

Somewhere here

Comment

Okey guys... This time I got a whole H23 engine. It's missing some little stuff like rockers and the crank pulley bolt is welded, so I need to slaughter the crank and get another one. I think I'll just use F22 crank since it's the same as H23 and easy to find dirt cheap.

Because the head is missing stuff, I'll just leave it around for the time my F20/H23 turbo motor blows up or something, so I have a spare head for dat. I managed to find H22A5 head and intake manifold for 200€, and I'm going to mate those with the H23 block. 2.3 litre DOHC VTEC. No welding needed as far as I know, so it should be pretty much straight forward.

When I get it done some beautiful day I'll drop it in the wagon. The reason I'm doing this and not going with a complete H22 is that all H22's are too powerful to get registered street legal in the CB chassis here in Finland.

We'll see where this is going...

Comment

Here's the "new" H23 engine. Going to be mated with H22 DOHC VTEC head and dropped in the wagon... Some day. Haven't done anything to the sedan lately. Stay tuned

Comment

Hello there! Been a long time since I've posted the last time... Some things have happened.

First of all I painted the wagon white. Digging it! I put stock suspension under her with blue Koni springs for winter time, put in new CV boots on both sides and things like that... Basic maintenance. I also put the black CC5 leather seats in the wagon, the rear seats still need some modification but they'll fit in nicely.

What comes to the sedan... Turbos come and turbos go! Not much has happened... I bought another H23 engine and it's under construction. Gonna drop it in the sedan with some turbo goodies. I also bought bigger front brakes for the sedan... They're from USDM CB9 wagon with F22A7. I also bought the F22A7 engine from it, 'cause I need the crank shaft for the H23. Let's see where things are going... Sorry for not posting pictures this time!

You can follow me on Instagram ( @siriuksensamurai ) if you want to see what's going on with the cars...

Comment

Here's some pics for ya guys

This is how the underside of rear bumper looked:

Aaaand...

This is how it turned out:

And this is how the wagon sits...

This is me

ATM the sedan looks like this:

Stay tuned...

Comment

I'll be slapping a H22A7 head on my H23A3 closed deck block.

The parts I've figured out I'll be needing:

-H22 crank gear
                                -H22 timing belt
                                -H22 water pump
                                -H22/H23 headgasket
                                -H22 head itsef
                                -H22 tensioner (I won't be using the automatic tensioner)

What about thermostat housing and water pipe behind the block? Can the H23 parts be reused? Are there any 87mm bore high comp pistons on the market? I think I'll attempt on builduing a mild "all motor" style engine, so I'll be updating the connectingrods so might aswell update the pistons too... It will be loooooooooooong time until this build is ready but that's what I'm down for!

Here's the situtation of the sedan right now:

Stripping off some old paint:

Under the rear bumper looks like this:

Sorry fot the pics being BIG but I'm having some issues with my computer Stay tuned!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X