Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i saw that car in a mag i thought it was awsome but when i saw it in person i was turned off because it was auto. not to say that automatics arent cool or cant be fast. just the fact that this build looked like a track car with it's cage and all race parts.
    My 92 accord

Comment

joeys car was sick for that feature, and it was barely half done by that time. he did a lot more. that car was awesome. shame he moved on.

but yeah, the accord isnt as popular as the civic and the teg. people generally dont put as much time, effort, and money into an accord as they do those cars though i think the accord is a better car overall. face it. we have old cars. they arent magazine material unless they are absolutely flawless like joeys car... and you live in an area where the magazines go and know people (if anyone doesnt know joey writes for honda tuning now) submit photos, call the magazines, see what you can do. but honestly there arent many cars on this forum that are worthy of a magazine feature. the only two i can really think of right now are from europe.

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981 View Post
        when i saw that car in a mag i thought it was awsome but when i saw it in person i was turned off because it was auto. not to say that automatics arent cool or cant be fast. just the fact that this build looked like a track car with it's cage and all race parts.
        automatics can be plenty fast. anyone who says an auto cant be fast is as bad as someone that says an accord cant be fast. plus, he swapped to manual anyway.

Comment

Stickydiljoes car is the most hideous accord ever.

jkjk. I think I saw a picture of his car in some dudes locker @ my school.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
            automatics can be plenty fast. anyone who says an auto cant be fast is as bad as someone that says an accord cant be fast. plus, he swapped to manual anyway.

if you would have read my post correctly i said that i was turned off to the car as in me personally. i never said automatics are slow. just the amount of money that went into race parts. for example people who buy 100dollar jordans a whole basketball outfit and never use it. but floss it like they playharcore ball. I give the dude props for the time and effort.
            My 92 accord

Comment

i wasnt saying that you said it was slow. merely continuing the thought that it can most certainly be fast. the kiddies like to read anti-auto stuff and assume that automatics are worthless.

he did convert it to manual i believe.

regardless it was a show car. i dont think he ever raced it. its one of those things where as long as its shiny and has a ton of parts on it its a winner. magazine cover, i guess that proves it!

Comment

joeys car was sick for that feature, and it was barely half done by that time. he did a lot more. that car was awesome. shame he moved on.

but yeah, the accord isnt as popular as the civic and the teg. people generally dont put as much time, effort, and money into an accord as they do those cars though i think the accord is a better car overall. face it. we have old cars. they arent magazine material unless they are absolutely flawless like joeys car... and you live in an area where the magazines go and know people (if anyone doesnt know joey writes for honda tuning now) submit photos, call the magazines, see what you can do. but honestly there arent many cars on this forum that are worthy of a magazine feature. the only two i can really think of right now are from europe.
                you are 100% correct. our cars may be old but then again why where there 2 civic hatchs and a crx in the last 4 months..old has nothing to do with it. it all comes down to how you build a car. you dont have to spend alot but its key areas like the engine bay, exterior and interior to be noticed. 75% of cars on here dont have nothing of that at all. thats why you dont see our cars in magazines. i believe that someone a few posts up said that you have to have jdm this, jdm that and mugen wheels to make it in the magazine..yes and no. that last crx build by chase had a few jdm parts but thats not why he made it in the magazine. it was his shit was clean and very detailed. find another accord with that and let me know.

Comment

Sticky's ol green cb was fast. of course stand still sprints could have been better, but freeway runs from 65-100 mph could rival many others. it was not converted to stick- 'stlmtk' licence plate, i dunno if sticky had plans to convert, I know others wanted to tho.

Comment

i wasnt saying that you said it was slow. merely continuing the thought that it can most certainly be fast. the kiddies like to read anti-auto stuff and assume that automatics are worthless.

he did convert it to manual i believe.

regardless it was a show car. i dont think he ever raced it. its one of those things where as long as its shiny and has a ton of parts on it its a winner. magazine cover, i guess that proves it!

i did not know he coverted to 5speed
                    My 92 accord

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981 View Post
                      i did not know he coverted to 5speed
                      He did not. Jonas is just an utter dumbass.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i swear i saw him post something about "when it was still automatic" before. i guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                          look heres the main problem or reason why. yes accords arent that popular more cd5 then a cb. but too me civics/integra builds are alot more detail oriented than accords. parts are alot easier to get and swap from civic to integra and vice versa. im not going to diss on accords (more CB) chassis but non of the cars come out hard like civic/integras. thats where the problem is. yes you can put a h22, lower it, put some nice wheels and so on but simple things like that will not get you into a magazine. in order to play you have to pay.
                          Man some of the cover cars I've seen on the covers on HT have had no more work put into them than my car (wheels, swap, suspension)... it just so happened they were Civics owned by popular people on the west coast.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Honda Tuning actually had a subscriber write it and ask why accords and preludes are rarely seen in honda tuning and that he is sick of seeing civics , and they replied back by saying that civic guys have the whole well rounded thing down as oposed to accord and prelude owners havent picked up and issue since
                            93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
                            1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
                            1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
                            1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
                            1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
                            1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

yeah thats kinda crap. its not that there arent nice well rounded accords. its just that civics and tegs are more commonly modified. people assume that if you are going to mod a honda it should be a civic or a teg. accords are boring family cars. to me that makes them much more fun.

im actually surprised more people dont really mod preludes. i see fewer well modified preludes than i do accords. out of all the hondas that people mod the prelude is the most sport oriented. the prelude is sportier than the integra at least in its intended market. the integra wasnt really made to be a sports car.

Comment

yeah thats kinda crap. its not that there arent nice well rounded accords. its just that civics and tegs are more commonly modified. people assume that if you are going to mod a honda it should be a civic or a teg. accords are boring family cars. to me that makes them much more fun.

im actually surprised more people dont really mod preludes. i see fewer well modified preludes than i do accords. out of all the hondas that people mod the prelude is the most sport oriented. the prelude is sportier than the integra at least in its intended market. the integra wasnt really made to be a sports car.
                                Yea the Lude gets the least love, though for what its worth the ones done by peeps here are all very good

I think Preludes are my fav Hondas... the 4th and 5th gens. The 4th gens are just phenomenal cars, great handling etc though they are gettin a little old. The 5th gens have that awesome interior, guaranteed VTAK and kinda timeless design (except for the nose)...

HT is freakin biased anyway, aside from the fact that they only do Civs/Tegs they also only do west coast stories. Lame as hell

I do remember them havin an issue w/weird azz cars like 2nd gen LEgends and stuff. And they did have that purple Lude on the cover once. But ugh eghth

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X