Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tempted on Buying CB With No Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the vin on a cb dash is easy to remove. just pop it up gently with a flat head.

as far as having the other car titled under a different vin I wouldnt do.. Its fishy. You have the vin in the driver's rear door and in the bay.

the rear door is a sticker maybe you can swap it and put some glue lol

the engine bay is iffy on me.

Comment

plus one for the "do it" side
      ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

parts car only...no matter how good of shape it's in. Which it's not in good shape...part it
        ____

Comment

I wouldnt do it and the car doesnt start and you gotta do more paperwork thats more money. I would get one thats runnin and that atleast has the paperwork that you can actually investigate its history on.

You dont shit trailing you after you step in it. And you gotta invest more into it I honestly rather get a decent looking running car. Driving around not fixin that your bound to gettin pulled over.

Comment

I would see how hard it would be to get a new title. If that proves difficult or the previous owner is being a douche, then id forget about it. And like Deev said, the previous owner may want their car back, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

you all are forgetting about doing a lien on the car, when you do that you can get title to the car legally and do not have to worry about the previous owner since they basically abandoned the car at the towing facility. Do a carfax on it first to make sure its not stolen.
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Thank you guys for the input. I really needed your opinions!I looked at the car and I decided not to do it. Looks like it would be more of a pain than an advantage. I just got my licence back in Febuary and I dont want to deal with any hassles from the cops. I came up with a better idea. There is an Accord Coupe this lady is selling. It needs an engine but she says the body is excellent. Im going to look at it the evening. A few members on here has really inspired me to build one so this is the route Im going to take. She wants $500. Is that kinda high since it needs an engine?? I still have my SE that runs good just looks bad. I can Take the engine out of the SE and put it in the Coupe. What do you fellas think about the price??

Comment

Is the coupe straight? No accidents, no rust? Check the suspension, and see if the interior is clean. Make sure there are no hack-job electrical things done... stereo, alarm, remote start, etc... If it checks out $500 is a good price for a clean shell. If it still has the bad motor, then you'll even have a spare to build, or parts to sell! The F22A head would sell quickly to anyone who wants a spare to get ported and polished, and a spare block is good for turbo guys that are building.

If you can make a nice car out of it from what you have with the SE, then it's a good deal, I say.

Too bad you can't take the SE's interior and put it in the coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Is the coupe straight? No accidents, no rust? Check the suspension, and see if the interior is clean. Make sure there are no hack-job electrical things done... stereo, alarm, remote start, etc... If it checks out $500 is a good price for a clean shell. If it still has the bad motor, then you'll even have a spare to build, or parts to sell! The F22A head would sell quickly to anyone who wants a spare to get ported and polished, and a spare block is good for turbo guys that are building.

If you can make a nice car out of it from what you have with the SE, then it's a good deal, I say.

Too bad you can't take the SE's interior and put it in the coupe!
                    Thanks for your input Deev. I think Im going to pick this up if it looks good. I will srtip everything out of the SE and install what I can on the Coupe. My starting price will be $300. I will work it from there. Hope to have pics up this evening.

Comment

did you get it or no??

Ride List
                      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

The tow company should get a title. did they tell you how and why they got the car? Cause we have had a few cases around here where other copmpanies who do the PPR tows (private impounds), dont hav ethe endorement and do the PPR tows and then the AZ DOT goes ape shit.

I would do more checks on the company itself cause you will not want to be caught up with a stolen car.

Comment

buy the car swap the se leather. swap the vins. ALL OF THEM haha we did this to a crx once that had horrible frame damage. that SE is fucked up
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

yea the tow yard should deffinetly give u papers opon purchese. they are called aba papers which is the tittle basicly.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                            X