Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"It's just an Accord..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luna92
    replied
    Most people are right, the accord is the least popular platforum and Is not supported by many performance companies, because it was never meant to be a race car but then again neither was a civic. our cars do hold tons of potentional, and It's up to us to make our parts and build our knowlegde of our cars, just like the other honda guys have. Honestly trying to build accords and preludes are more challenging than a civic or integra. I see civics with b16 motor swaps on local forums selling for 1200, and then see another thread about how that civic fucked up. Well because that civic has gone through a couple of people who think the know what they are doing then when they fuck up and they trade it and the next sucker thinks he got a hella of deal.

Basically what Im trying to say is that building an accord is and can be difficult. We might not always have he full support of other Honda guys but what we can do is learn from them and make our own path.

And next time someone asks "why an Accord?" just look at them and say

"ITS NOT A CIVIC" and point at the civic that matchs thiers.

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    ^lol kevin..

Leave a comment:

• CB7 Sleeper
    replied
    Originally posted by P3dr0 View Post
    theres an easy solution to this ill even give u steps:
    step 1: buy a F20A DOHC
    step 2: build the F20A DOHC
    step 3: Add nitrous to the F20A DOHC
    step 4: drop the F20A DOHC into ur cb
    step 5: tune F20A DOHC
    step 6: own the streets and any little bitch who dares to disrespect ur bottle fed F20A DOHC cb,

to those who dare call u ricey, just ask them to line up against u, i can guarantee u they WILL shut the fuck up
    Fixed, because this is what I did.

Leave a comment:

• P3dr0
    replied
    theres an easy solution to this ill even give u steps:
    step 1: buy a H22
    step 2: build the H22
    step 3: turbo the H22
    step 4: drop the H22 into ur cb
    step 5: tune the H22
    step 6: own the streets and any little bitch who dares to disrespect ur turbo H22 cb,

to those who dare call u ricey, just ask them to line up against u, i can guarantee u they WILL shut the fuck up

Leave a comment:

• rezist09
    replied
    Originally posted by brooklynkid1986 View Post
    All you need are some purple lights under that thing! j/k

I think we all get the same thing. I had a chic tell me last night that "accords are slow. Why wouldnt u just buy a civic?"

They arent a "sports compact" in the way most people see. That genre is outlined with 2 doors, somewhat low end options, and 17 year olds with backwards DC shoes hats. The accord doesnt easily fall into that. It was designed to be a family car, a grocery getter or granny car. What people dont understand is that despite appearances, the chassis and engine are amazing. Once you drive one around for a day or so, you're hooked. We have four doors AND can put up a fight.

Then there are the real rice that give us a bad name. Guys driving these cars around with every crap "import auto" accessory auto zone sells. The same people who couldnt tell you what engine they have, what an ECU is or even an A/F ratio is.

Everytime i hear someone say "why an accord", I know why. These cars are amazing. Not the greatest stats bone stock, but with a little effort and knowledge, (money helps too) they can go head to head with dam near any "sport compact" out there and bare minimum, put up a helluva fight.
    i love u well yeah but maybe cuz theres so may riced out ima starting to see alot now..i am the only accord here in my city thats fixed up i get big heads turn of my whip,this car can get in a fight, ive alrdy beat 95 integra,90 integrea blah, all i have is h/i/e i mean this cars r heavy but they can surprise any body

Leave a comment:

• brooklynkid1986
    replied
    Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    How am I a "ricer?" Does my car really look "ricy" at all? I don't quite understand this negative view everybody has on Hondas as well
    as Japanese imports in general. I think a clean, well kept, tastefully modified Accord like mine should receive some sort of respect, am I right?

WE WILL BE RESPECTED IN THE TUNING COMMUNITY, NO MATTER WHERE WE RESIDE!
    All you need are some purple lights under that thing! j/k

I think we all get the same thing. I had a chic tell me last night that "accords are slow. Why wouldnt u just buy a civic?"

They arent a "sports compact" in the way most people see. That genre is outlined with 2 doors, somewhat low end options, and 17 year olds with backwards DC shoes hats. The accord doesnt easily fall into that. It was designed to be a family car, a grocery getter or granny car. What people dont understand is that despite appearances, the chassis and engine are amazing. Once you drive one around for a day or so, you're hooked. We have four doors AND can put up a fight.

Then there are the real rice that give us a bad name. Guys driving these cars around with every crap "import auto" accessory auto zone sells. The same people who couldnt tell you what engine they have, what an ECU is or even an A/F ratio is.

Everytime i hear someone say "why an accord", I know why. These cars are amazing. Not the greatest stats bone stock, but with a little effort and knowledge, (money helps too) they can go head to head with dam near any "sport compact" out there and bare minimum, put up a helluva fight.

Leave a comment:

• cb7-tcakes
    replied
    Nice disscussion here, good points all around. Origionaly I was going to sell my cb but my friend convinced me to keep it, told me that there really arent a whole lot of clean accords out there. He was into the whole civic thing but was getting tired of it, glad i took him up on his advice. I Didnt see much in my cb at first but after driving it around and looking into what it has to offer, I dont think i can get rid of my cb anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Dirtyrice
    replied
    I don't really drive my cb as much. However when I drive my cb or my girlfriends cb I get thumbs up and kudos from lots of people and only a few people try to race me (scion tc's for the most part). Funny thing is that there is a couple of local kids with cbs who try to race my blue DA all the time they get a chance . I guess it all boils down to the maturely level of the individuals driving any car.
    Last edited by Dirtyrice; 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paging
    replied
    Well when some one brings up the whole *An Accord WTF* to me I just laugh.

I've hit a Deer head on at 70mph, Slid into a telephone pole on the drivers side at 30+, and a 35mph Head on with a 90 Buick Ciera going 55+mph.
    And no Broken Bones, Cuts, Concussions or Death. The Worst thing was the Air Bag when I hit the Buick.

In my experience Civics/Integras are just too damn small inside. I mean who really wants to be bumping elbows with anyone in the passenger seat all the damn time.

I could just be me, but the ones I've drove/ridden in the windshield/roof/seats always seemed to short, and the damn window sill was always to high up to be comfortable. I'll ride in the backseat of an accord any day I'd have to be pretty plowed to ride in the back of a Civic/Integra.

But I really don't feel safe in Civics or Integras. And If I had kids I sure as fuck wouldn't drive them around in anything but an CB7 Variant.

Leave a comment:

• wed3k
    replied
    i love my accord but when you drive a GSR with just skunk2 suspension and it handles like a dream...yea, thats all im going to say.

ive fit 4 engines in my cb7 though, cant do that with a gsr!

Leave a comment:

• CB7 Sleeper
    replied
    Originally posted by tommi View Post
    sic boxxy on em.
    Nah, I can handle myself.

Leave a comment:

• tommi
    replied
    sic boxxy on em.

Leave a comment:

• 92 accord2dr
    replied
    Don't worry about peoples comments. Just keep your ride clean. It may just be an accord, but at least it's a clean one.

Leave a comment:

• Con25420
    replied
    I get the same thing. Just remember when our cars came out Doctors bought Accords. Nurses bought Civics.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2H8ME
    replied
    Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    I really could care less what people think of my car

And for anyone who knows Brooklyn and thinks Accords are weak... accompany me on a midnight run through the Jackie Robinson Parkway

I guarantee they will feel differently

My Accord's chassis is pretty noodly, but it has good throttle response, a strong midrange, a decent suspension and great feedback from the brakes and steering wheel. It's a lot of fun and I enjoy it every time I take it out.
    I'd like to take you up on that offer. I used to love ripping down the Jackie Robinson when I had my CBR 9RR. I havent taken the Accord on it as of yet, I didn't even think about to tell you the truth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X