Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Should I cluster swap due to high milage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I cluster swap due to high milage?

Assuming this is why folks do them. What everyone thoughts on cluster swaps for the reason of high mileage?
    I kind of want to swap mine as the miles are getting high, almost at the 200mile high club. But is there anyone keeping their cluster for showing off the high miles?

Well even if you do swap clusters you have to maintain the original miles of the chassis. Or atleast in Virginia that's how it is. Rolling back the odometer is a big No No and gets one into lots of trouble in these parts. So even though you switched clusters, I would still say that you need to maintain your current milage. That and the Honda owners I know take great pride in how many miles their cars have one them.

Even if you do a motor swap you can't spin back the odometer cause it's based off of the chassis' miles, not the motor's.

EDIT:

I just noticed you're from Nova Scotia, so I'm not sure if what I just said applies there.
    90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

I must agree with what is stated above. The only person that prob ever sees the mileage is you. My 92 LX has 234,000 miles and I enjoy driving it more than the family 2007 crossover with 50,000 miles.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Most people cluster swap because theirs is broken or they are getting something custom done to it...I've never heard of anyone swapping because of high mileage. That's absurd.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Swapping your cluster doesn't take the miles off the car. It's misleading to whoever you sell the car to later on.

Comment

Who cares if your 20 year old car has high mileage?

Comment

This is one reason why when I changed to km .. I only used the face-plate.
              The od and the trip counter have remained the same ..

And yes, here in the states atleast, it is a huuuge no no to do a complete swap
              and not disclose the info to your DMV.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Felony?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Once a car's odometer passes certain mileage range (ie. 200K miles or so), the new title will be issued with an exempt odometer reading in certain states. I know my last coupe had 189K miles, and the title came back exempt for odometer reading.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. If it's broke, and you want it to work, get a new one. That's my opinion.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

dont do it. its crooked and wrong. what will happen when you come to sell the car?

imagine if you bought a car thinking it had a certain amount of miles, then you find out it the mileage is inaccurate.

it happened to my my mom, and trust me, it sucks.

be honest and just dont do it

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

If anything, when you sell it, include the original cluster. Just tell them when you changed it. Maybe have a pic of them both out of the car for proof?
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

When I had my Accord, I was "odometer exempt". Not sure why, but my chassis was over 230k (motor/trans had 90k at most). It even showed on the carfax that it was exempt.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

man you should keep it original just to show off the durability and proud ownership of your ride homeboy. a car isn't a car til you put as many miles as possible on it. if you're concerned about mileage then just turn it into a trailer queen.

Comment

It's illegal unless it is documented legally.

Comment

Working...
                            X