Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i want rwd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Yeah, he can afford to buy it... but could he afford to maintain and repair it? It's probably twice his age, and for that price, you can be sure it's not fully restored. It'd be pretty awesome, I agree. I like the old styles myself, especially when I see a young guy driving one. Shows he has classic taste! Still, I make good money, and I don't feel that even I could afford to own a car like that, unless I wanted to watch it rot away in my driveway.

You know how I'd love to buy an R32 GTR... Mayberry is constantly sending me links to R32 GTRs for sale in the tri-state area, many registered and insured (and legal) in NJ... for a price that I could afford. BUT, I couldn't afford to maintain and repair such a car. Therefore, I have never purchased one.
    I guess sometimes I can be ignorant to that. I sometimes forget this is a costly hobby of ours. I've been so focused on building capital and researching/preparing for my future real estate plans that I forgot to take into account additional expenses.

I guess I'm just one who gets bored, not quick, but I get bored. I like to see creativeness, originality, and differences that wow me. I think that's why I'm so into my CB 'cause it's not the norm where I'm from. I also enjoy it too. I've seen so many of the cars listed a million +1 times, that it makes me look for something "new!" Not that there's nothing wrong IMO about the aforementioned cars.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 07-21-2011, 12:41 AM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I agree. For the longest time, I wanted to get a Saab Sonnet. Weird little things that had V4 engines in them (yes, an actual V4...)
      Different is awesome, but you have to pay to play when it comes to cars. The more original you are, the more it's going to cost you (if you want it to be reliable, attractive, and safe, that is!)

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        that looks like a 79 to me
        How can you tell? You can't see the dash in the picture.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
          How can you tell? You can't see the dash in the picture.
          let me see

i own a 78 sedan

83 wagon

had a 79 wagon long ago

bought an 80 for parts

and have a nose off an 82 as an extra
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

let me see

i own a 78 sedan

83 wagon

had a 79 wagon long ago

bought an 80 for parts

So, from the picture how can you tell w/o seeing the dash?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

let me see

i own a 78 sedan

83 wagon

had a 79 wagon long ago

bought an 80 for parts

Good guess, but I think it's an '80. The article on it suggest it's and '80. You can read about it on Google. I'm wasn't trying to prove you wrong in anyway, so hopefully you don't take it that way.

BTW, do you have fun with them, or are they your DDs?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Cheap... Drift machine

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                  i want a rear wheel drive car dont get me wrong i love my front wheel car but i wanna go sliding around!!!!

what would a good rwd cheap car be. like im talking 2500 or less. and prob older style. i love old cars! one with lots of upgrade options. maybe v6, or 4 or 4 if turbo possible.

oh oh maybe i can get another accord and then get a s2000 engine and custom fit it and make a drifting accord with f20c. now that would be awesome!!!
                  Drunken post?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
                    what is not fun about rotaries? they take no time to pull apart, fairly easy to put back together, a lot less parts to fool with.

mazda's oem apex seals are pretty much the best there is. there are companies that make "stronger" apex seals, but ask yourself, would you rather blow apex seals, or ruin your rotary housing, because its one or the other, i personally would rather have to replace seals. there's nothing wrong with mazda's seals, apex seals just happen to be part of over-time wear and tear.

what?
                    i would much rather have rotary aviation's ceramic apex seals. it is not one or the other, you must be thinking of carbon apex seals vs iron

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                      Good guess, but I think it's an '80. The article on it suggest it's and '80. You can read about it on Google. I'm wasn't trying to prove you wrong in anyway, so hopefully you don't take it that way.

BTW, do you have fun with them, or are they your DDs?
                      toys all of them
                      Last edited by bobbycos; 07-24-2011, 10:43 PM.
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I run on rice.

Comment

Working...
                        X