Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i want rwd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want rwd!

i want a rear wheel drive car dont get me wrong i love my front wheel car but i wanna go sliding around!!!!

what would a good rwd cheap car be. like im talking 2500 or less. and prob older style. i love old cars! one with lots of upgrade options. maybe v6, or 4 or 4 if turbo possible.

oh oh maybe i can get another accord and then get a s2000 engine and custom fit it and make a drifting accord with f20c. now that would be awesome!!!
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

You could probably find a beat to shit '90s Mustang. But it'd take a lack of honor to buy something like that. Pontiac Firebird. Mitsu 3000gt but I doubt you'll find any that cheap. Same for the Nissan Skyline.

Comment

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2481683285.html

Do it.

I was going to buy it, but I found a different wagon that suits my needs better.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by CBro7 View Post
        You could probably find a beat to shit '90s Mustang. But it'd take a lack of honor to buy something like that. Pontiac Firebird. Mitsu 3000gt but I doubt you'll find any that cheap. Same for the Nissan Skyline.
        Psh. Firebirds are junk, 3000gt's only came in either fwd or awd, and Skylines are out of the question.

Two words: FOX BODY

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

make your cb rwd. AlmostJDM is doing so as we speak.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Yeah, Pontiac blows...

There need to be more RWD Hondas. There's the NSX. And that's about it as far as I know.
            Toyota Supra/Celica. Probably not going to find one in your price range but ya never know.
            There's also the Nissan Z-series, you might be able to find something out of that.

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
              Psh. Firebirds are junk, 3000gt's only came in either fwd or awd, and Skylines are out of the question.

Two words: FOX BODY

Thats actually the only mustang i think that looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                I fucking agree.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

dude if you wanna go sliding around get a nissan 240sx or a mazda mx-5 there cheap and fun as hell to drift.

Comment

Buy a 240 or a mustang. Or you can enjoy awd drift if you can time it right by ppushing the accelerator down to the floor and control it with just mostly steering. but beware tires and tranmission and clutch wont last long. if you prefer sliding around just wait till next winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                      I fucking agree.
                      You two have got to be trolling-

I don't care what kind of car you drive/like-

old school stangs are timeless and fucking badass looking....

Don't get me wrong, i do like fox bodys but cmon -

^^
                      This one is my favorite of all time- have a model sitting in front of me now lol!

Obv everyone likes something else but ive never met someone who didn't like old mustangs.

Comment

The only mustang that really looks wimpy is the mid-90s, before the "new edge" redesign.

Anyway, for a fun RWD car with upgrade options...

240sx are generally overpriced and beat to shit. They're not the highest quality cars to begin with.
                        an older Z car would probably be cheaper.
                        Mustang is probably your cheapest option for easy power.
                        Miata is very well balanced... not great for sliding around, but it has a massive aftermarket
                        Toyota MR2 goes in the Miata category.
                        BMW E30 would be a very good option, though a bit pricier to repair and modify.
                        Mitsubishi Starion (badass cars)

And in response to the 3000GT suggestion... the 3000GT is FWD and AWD, never RWD. The AWD models, even beat up ones, don't sell for very cheap. They're hard to come by. They also can be a MAJOR headache, as just about everything in that car is extremely complicated. Awesome cars, but they require some dedication.

Comment

Look at E30 BMWs... they're usually pretty cheap. The S12 chassis Nissan 200SX would also be a decent candiate and likely cheap.

The 1st gen. Infiniti Q45 is also RWD and you can probably find one in that price range down in the US. It's probably not the best for sliding because it's a big car (about 4000 lb) and available only with the auto transmission. I've got mine sideways plenty of times in the snow though The gas mileage is terrible (it's a V8), which is why I'm in the process of trying to get rid of mine (and why I bought my CB7)

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
                            Look at E30 BMWs... they're usually pretty cheap. The S12 chassis Nissan 200SX would also be a decent candiate and likely cheap.

The 1st gen. Infiniti Q45 is also RWD and you can probably find one in that price range down in the US. It's probably not the best for sliding because it's a big car (about 4000 lb) and available only with the auto transmission. I've got mine sideways plenty of times in the snow though The gas mileage is terrible (it's a V8), which is why I'm in the process of trying to get rid of mine (and why I bought my CB7)
                            Dont forget that most q45 first owners were women with rich husbands with little/no respect for proper maintenance, a.k.a get prepared for 90% of them to be bogged down/sludged

Starions/Conquests and s12 200sx's (especially the 200sx's with the vg35) are both awesome, but are flippin near impossible to find nowadays.

for rwd cars, old toyotas (pre '86 celicas and corollas) and datsun/nissan (z cars, s chassis cars, maximas, bluebird/x10 series)

And of course dont forget trucks, nissan hardbody's and toyota pickups are good candidates for motor swaps for fun trucks

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The only mustang that really looks wimpy is the mid-90s, before the "new edge" redesign.

Anyway, for a fun RWD car with upgrade options...

240sx are generally overpriced and beat to shit. They're not the highest quality cars to begin with.
                              an older Z car would probably be cheaper.
                              Mustang is probably your cheapest option for easy power.
                              Miata is very well balanced... not great for sliding around, but it has a massive aftermarket
                              Toyota MR2 goes in the Miata category.
                              BMW E30 would be a very good option, though a bit pricier to repair and modify.
                              Mitsubishi Starion (badass cars)

And in response to the 3000GT suggestion... the 3000GT is FWD and AWD, never RWD. The AWD models, even beat up ones, don't sell for very cheap. They're hard to come by. They also can be a MAJOR headache, as just about everything in that car is extremely complicated. Awesome cars, but they require some dedication.
                              2X
                              my bro just got his stealth R/T. in feb.for about 4K, 2 week later the tranny went. and he's just now getting it back...............after 5K spent on a rebuilt tranny.

Comment

Working...
                              X