Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i want rwd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2481683285.html

Do it.

I was going to buy it, but I found a different wagon that suits my needs better.
    haha can you imagine that sliding around! would be fun. the rear would prob slip out a lot.

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
    Psh. Firebirds are junk, 3000gt's only came in either fwd or awd, and Skylines are out of the question.

Two words: FOX BODY

no pontiac or 3000's but a skyline ya. just need more money lol.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    make your cb rwd. AlmostJDM is doing so as we speak.
    really? how is he putting the engine in the back or like whats he doing? and my dad used to own a fox body.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    You two have got to be trolling-

I don't care what kind of car you drive/like-

old school stangs are timeless and fucking badass looking....

Don't get me wrong, i do like fox bodys but cmon -

^^
    This one is my favorite of all time- have a model sitting in front of me now lol!

Obv everyone likes something else but ive never met someone who didn't like old mustangs.
    theres this guy down the street from me and he has two tangs that are just sitting there and he wont sell the dam things!!! one looks like the last pic. pisses me off.

Originally posted by 00rx7 View Post
    Rx-7 there is no other choice when it comes to rear wheel and numerous setups, as long as it stays rotary no v8 blasphemy. the '84 and '85 gsl-se's were bad ass.
    almost traded my cb and a grand for a rx7, deal went sour tho. plus i swapped my car to manual lol

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
    sure if you like changing apex seals all the time. I loved the rotary when we had one. was fun to work on, and sounded amazing. but work the car hard, and apex seals dont hold up, even when you do an oil mixture on your gasoline.

As for people making the chuckle about 7m head gaskets on the mk3 supra. all i got to say to that is 1jz. One of the guys in our crew has a 1jz twin snail 91 toyota cressida. I absolutely love that car.
    ya a 1jz in a 7 would be sweet!

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
    Here you go. Everything you're looking for.

Close thread!

let me just make a check out for how much??

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    best drift car ever

the AE86

i bet if you look high and low youll find one for cheap
    ya i bet i could find one cheap, the question will be what condition is it in and how much money will i have to drop to repair, plus i would wanna properly lower it, not just cut springs.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

it's obvious you know slightly more than i do, but when we did the swap on my bud's cressida, the motor pretty much fell in other than having to beat the tunnel a little bit to fit the r154. he pinned out his own harness so i wouldnt know anything on the wiring front. installing the clutch was easy too, i think it was an 85 celi clutch fit right in, just trimmed up the brake pedal. only thing i can think of other than that was electric fans direct swap may have been an overstatement looking back at it compared to some other platform swaps, but it was a farcry from difficult.

Originally posted by King James View Post
      Cressidas are not direct swap for any of the stuff you listed......a 1j swap is fairly straight forward if you have half a brain....a 2j swap is slightly more work but still fairly straight forward...these bolt in with minor mods (well gotta go single if you go 2j...plus some other crap)...but unless you know how to do wiring that could ruin the project.....a 7mgte swap is a waste of time...as is a 1g-gte....the 1g is a decent motor....but finding parts on this side of the ocean is next to impossible....so if shit breaks its a 6 week to a 6 month wait for parts...unless you get lucky.

Cressidas and older maximas....well fuck anything old, rwd and cheap isnt gonna be easy to make slide around corners.....for the simple fact that the aftermarket support just isnt there.....Ive seen the cressida aftermarket grow fairly significantly over the last year but even then its not an easy car to make slide....if some one decides to go the route of old and cheap (which i have....but mainly cuz i fucking LOVE cressidas) you really gotta commit to the chassis or else your gonna end up selling a half finished project.

I hate 240s....but they are pretty much the easiest...semi-cheap...rwd car to obtain and slide.

Comment

it's obvious you know slightly more than i do, but when we did the swap on my bud's cressida, the motor pretty much fell in other than having to beat the tunnel a little bit to fit the r154. he pinned out his own harness so i wouldnt know anything on the wiring front. installing the clutch was easy too, i think it was an 85 celi clutch fit right in, just trimmed up the brake pedal. only thing i can think of other than that was electric fans direct swap may have been an overstatement looking back at it compared to some other platform swaps, but it was a farcry from difficult.
        I didnt mean it to come off as condescending.....Im actually rather impressed by your posts cuz it seems you do have a clue when it comes to this shit...the 1j is a fairly easy swap...all things considered.... the only annoying part is wiring....it does bolt in as long as you have the correct mounts and after you beat the tunnel a bit (unless you stay auto)...but its not as simple as an h22 into a cb...and thats all I was really trying to say
        Last edited by King James; 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I gotcha boss, see i've actually never done a honda swap, I've only owned my honda for about a month, but i've been through a few other platforms as projects, and helping friends/crew mates with their dailies and projects

so it's hard for me to compare to a honda swap, may be the easiest thing on the planet, but i've never done em.

to me i found the 1j swap easier than most car things i've done. SR swap i've helped with was easier but in the long run took more work because we had to relocate the harness (classic 240sx problem when getting too low)

older cars do have the aftermarket, though you are right, its definitly a lot more shallow than the honda aftermarket or even the 4ag/sr20/ka24 market, and a lot of it requires modification to fit (welding coilovers etc).

oldschool cars are more about having to find parts that will work in the car from other cars.

Example the maxima, you can bolt up an r200 LSD out of a z31 or 280zxt, or the r160 out of an older subie if you plan to stay conservative on your power gains, then an l28et is cheap to find if you run the ratsun/hybridz forums, in fact had one sitting in my shed for the last 2 years that i just sold last weekend.

l28s are cake to build/work on, and will make 200hp 220-250 ft lbs torque stock.

then you can buy an aftermarket fuel rail that direct fits supra 440cc injectors , t3/t4 turbo, good intake mani, and megasquirt ecu (hybridz has tons of guys sharing their fuel maps with the exact same motor build) and you can make 200-300hp and 250-325 ft lbs torque (L motors are extremely torque'y). Then its just a matter of getting the bushings swapped and getting rid of some weight. and stabilizing things.

Rotaries are another engine that are not hard to learn to work on, but you gotta be willing to dig in, and you will be working on one often, if you build it and then start pushing it hard.

I didnt mean it to come off as condescending.....Im actually rather impressed by your posts cuz it seems you do have a clue when it comes to this shit...the 1j is a fairly easy swap...all things considered....but its not exactly an h22 into a cb....but thats really only cuz you gotta know how to wire it up....it does bolt in....thats all I was really trying to say.

Comment

The h22 is probably one of the easiest swaps in existence....uses stock accord mounts...uses stock everything pretty much....drops in as if it shoulda been there from factory....then you run a wire for vtec and your essentially done.

I just see people that buy the cressida cuz its rwd and cheap....then they realize it isnt a honda and bail cuz they dont wanna put in the time to learn or to wrench.....like you said...most of the parts available you gotta mod in some way to get them to work....for some people its half the fun....for most people its just an annoyance and they get rid of the car

Thats why when people say they want RWD by all means get a cressida (or maxima id imagine its the same) but know what your getting into....if you dont wanna really work on the car....by an s13 and call it a day

The cressida seems like the maxima in a lot of categories....Lots of mk3 parts will work....but with modification....and oddly enough....lots of s-chassis parts will work....but again with mods.....the best part about the x8 is that it fits a 1j/2j in fairly easily

But now we're getting off-topic haha

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Indeed haha, x8 is what we swapped into.

i do agree, for simplicity, s chassis is the way to go, saturated market with tons of options, though people seem to think s chassis are made out of gold nowadays, trying to sell s13 and s14s for stupid amounts of money

The h22 is probably one of the easiest swaps in existence....uses stock accord mounts...uses stock everything pretty much....drops in as if it shoulda been there from factory....then you run a wire for vtec and your essentially done.

I just see people that buy the cressida cuz its rwd and cheap....then they realize it isnt a honda and bail cuz they dont wanna put in the time to learn or to wrench.....like you said...most of the parts available you gotta mod in some way to get them to work....for some people its half the fun....for most people its just an annoyance and they get rid of the car

Thats why when people say they want RWD by all means get a cressida (or maxima id imagine its the same) but know what your getting into....if you dont wanna really work on the car....by an s13 and call it a day

The cressida seems like the maxima in a lot of categories....Lots of mk3 parts will work....but with modification....and oddly enough....lots of s-chassis parts will work....but again with mods.....the best part about the x8 is that it fits a 1j/2j in fairly easily

But now we're getting off-topic haha

Comment

you must be hopeless

sure if you like changing apex seals all the time. I loved the rotary when we had one. was fun to work on, and sounded amazing. but work the car hard, and apex seals dont hold up, even when you do an oil mixture on your gasoline.

As for people making the chuckle about 7m head gaskets on the mk3 supra. all i got to say to that is 1jz. One of the guys in our crew has a 1jz twin snail 91 toyota cressida. I absolutely love that car.
                rotaries are no fun to work on...

they have stronger apex units for the aftermarket

Dont forget that most q45 first owners were women with rich husbands with little/no respect for proper maintenance, a.k.a get prepared for 90% of them to be bogged down/sludged

Starions/Conquests and s12 200sx's (especially the 200sx's with the vg35) are both awesome, but are flippin near impossible to find nowadays.

for rwd cars, old toyotas (pre '86 celicas and corollas) and datsun/nissan (z cars, s chassis cars, maximas, bluebird/x10 series)

And of course dont forget trucks, nissan hardbody's and toyota pickups are good candidates for motor swaps for fun trucks
                and don't forget those people who could afford them had money... if you want to generalize might as well say that those who own 20+ year old economy cars are penny pinchers

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                  you must be hopeless
                  rotaries are no fun to work on..
                  they have stronger apex units for the aftermarket.
                  what is not fun about rotaries? they take no time to pull apart, fairly easy to put back together, a lot less parts to fool with.

mazda's oem apex seals are pretty much the best there is. there are companies that make "stronger" apex seals, but ask yourself, would you rather blow apex seals, or ruin your rotary housing, because its one or the other, i personally would rather have to replace seals. there's nothing wrong with mazda's seals, apex seals just happen to be part of over-time wear and tear.

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                  and don't forget those people who could afford them had money... if you want to generalize might as well say that those who own 20+ year old economy cars are penny pinchers
                  what?

Comment

No offense to anyone's' opinion, but it seems most people are biased to Japanese cars when they want to go old and RWD. Why is this?

What about Fiat Siata 1400 coupe or a Vingale, Mini Cooper, BMWs 325/328, Ford Pintos, Chevy Vegas, Dodge Darts, '71 Opel Manta...

So many possibilities aside from the Japs.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yeah, but the OP has a limited price range, and a dislike for the F-body... which leaves the most viable American option to be the Mustang, which has been suggested a few times. Most other American RWD cars are either automatic, or so old or uncommon that they'd either be out of his price range, or a full restoration project.

A few people have suggested BMWs. The other ones you listed would cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2497835138.html

Just a quick search in my area. I'm sure you can find some cheap around the states. I know everyone has their own taste and opinions, but I constantly hear the same cars being mentioned (aside from this post) with regards to old school RWD cars. It's so much out there that's affordable that I don't ever hear mentioned.
                        Last edited by Straight Success; 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                          No offense to anyone's' opinion, but it seems most people are biased to Japanese cars when they want to go old and RWD. Why is this?

What about Fiat Siata 1400 coupe or a Vingale, Mini Cooper, BMWs 325/328, Ford Pintos, Chevy Vegas, Dodge Darts, '71 Opel Manta...

i personally prefer the japanese styling and nostalgia from the 70s and 80s. european styling is awesome too but i find the cars much less attainable.

the Renault R5 is one of my dream cars.

Comment

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2497835138.html

Just a quick search in my area. I'm sure you can find some cheap around the states. I know everyone has their own taste and opinions, but I constantly hear the same cars being mentioned (aside from this post) with regards to old school RWD cars. It's so much out there that's affordable that I don't ever hear mentioned.
                            Yeah, he can afford to buy it... but could he afford to maintain and repair it? It's probably twice his age, and for that price, you can be sure it's not fully restored. It'd be pretty awesome, I agree. I like the old styles myself, especially when I see a young guy driving one. Shows he has classic taste! Still, I make good money, and I don't feel that even I could afford to own a car like that, unless I wanted to watch it rot away in my driveway.

You know how I'd love to buy an R32 GTR... Mayberry is constantly sending me links to R32 GTRs for sale in the tri-state area, many registered and insured (and legal) in NJ... for a price that I could afford. BUT, I couldn't afford to maintain and repair such a car. Therefore, I have never purchased one.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Yeah, but the OP has a limited price range, and a dislike for the F-body... which leaves the most viable American option to be the Mustang, which has been suggested a few times. Most other American RWD cars are either automatic, or so old or uncommon that they'd either be out of his price range, or a full restoration project.

A few people have suggested BMWs. The other ones you listed would cost an arm and a leg.

who has a Vega?
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

1980 Chevy Malibu.

that looks like a 79 to me
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X