Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Personal outlooks! Sleeper or plain sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal outlooks! Sleeper or plain sight?

So as the title says, which do you as a cb7 owner prefer, drivin in the innocent sleeper or broadcasting your engine and performance mods to the world?

Sleeper, don't want anything stolen.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I just like clean and simple. Neither sleeper nor flashy. I just like the 'right' look.

Comment

Sleeper bro , sleeper. See sig below.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
          Sleeper bro , sleeper. See sig below.
          How is your car a sleeper?

Pretty much just lowering a Honda takes it out of sleeper status. You got a dropped Honda plus five lug swap... People will just assume you have something under the hood.

Nice CB by the way.

Comment

I say sleeper (but with a lot of minor tweaks and mods). A clean look that average people do not notice (they will just think that is a clean car) but an enthusiast of this chassis would notice.

The po-po leave you alone as well.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              Sleeper, don't want anything stolen.
              This. Too many sticky fingers in the world. If you show off, you will get bitten.

Also, destroying a fancy sports car on the highway is way sweeter if your car looks like the grannymobile.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

When I built my civic, it was kitted, si wing, lowered, rims...but not to many people expect a 400whp civic..so I don't know if that makes it a sleeper. Now the shop car....srt8 is a dead give away on it. It sounds nasty, runs like hell and looks like a prom queen, complete with a all glass roof. Iam a bit older then most on here, so having friends with terminator cobras and zo6, and zr1 vettes is kind of the norm. I live in a small town, so your really not going to "creep up" on someone, and if your not running sub 7's 1/8th's on the street, no point in talking.

And hands down...100% without a doubt, the WORLDS fastest street bikes live.
                Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 12-10-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                  When I built my civic, it was kitted, si wing, lowered, rims...but not to many people expect a 400whp civic..so I don't know if that makes it a sleeper.
                  Uh, no.
                  Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                  And hands down...100% without a doubt, the WORLDS fastest street bikes live.
                  World's fastest street bikes live where?

Comment

Clean and simple as stated before. Definitely a sleeper for my CB. I'm planning on hiding the Nitrous tank well in the trunk since I have the wagon compartment.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Sleeper.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
                        I say sleeper (but with a lot of minor tweaks and mods). A clean look that average people do not notice (they will just think that is a clean car) but an enthusiast of this chassis would notice.

The po-po leave you alone as well.
                        I'm kind of with this guy. With our cars, stock is boring to look at no matter how much power you're packing under the hood. I like aesthetic modifications that give an aggressive look, but do it in a subtle way. Something that won't scream for attention from the average driver, but to which car guys would give a knowing nod. A good comparison I can think of is a stock Corvette: you know it's sporting and it's generally pretty nice to look at, but it doesn't automatically make people think "street racer" or appear that you're trying to show off or get people to look at you.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I would want people to know if I had serious mods. But Id drive it like it’s slow.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

OEM+ all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              I would want people to know if I had serious mods. But Id drive it like it’s slow.
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X