Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Personal outlooks! Sleeper or plain sight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    good comparison I can think of is a stock Corvette: you know it's sporting and it's generally pretty nice to look at, but it doesn't automatically make people think "street racer" or appear that you're trying to show off or get people to look at you.
    Well, with a Vet you don't have to try. Its a Corvette, you already know its fast.

With a Honda its a different story. Once you start lowering it and shit people automatically think you are trying to be a racer. Even though the vast majority don't do shit to the engine, thats just the reputation imports have when you start cosmetically modding them.

Comment

We drive family sedans here... If we wanted loud and flashy, we'd be driving sports cars!

I'm with everyone else. I prefer a sleeper. Still, I like to add a touch of an aggressive look. Mild lowering, slightly larger wheels, a color scheme that doesn't scream "MODIFIED IMPORT!!!", but also lets anyone who cares know that it's not entirely stock.

I like my cars to be more like Clark Kent than Superman. You see, Clark Kent IS Superman... but nobody tries to kill him. Nobody expects a damn thing from Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        I just like clean and simple. Neither sleeper nor flashy. I just like the 'right' look.
        This^

I wouldnt say my car is a sleeper but nobody expects it to have what it has and holds up with the camaros and vettes and the other sportier cars on the back roads.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I agree with ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I like my cars to be more like Clark Kent than Superman. You see, Clark Kent IS Superman... but nobody tries to kill him. Nobody expects a damn thing from Clark.
          Must... resist... urge... because now I know deev does this on purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Lol, bro did you make that up all by yourself? I like that.

Deev, one thing I've noticed in my years on this site is you have become a MASTER of anologies... I suppose you have to be dealing with all these jackasses here, lol. Half the time nobody understands shit until you compare it to something they can comprehend.

Comment

yeah, I made it up.
              I find that it's often the easier way to explain something. Plus, if I can make it funny or memorable, people notice it, and sometimes repeat it. I've heard a number of people say "a clutch is like a condom" on here

Comment

So were not talking about loud BOVs, nitrous purge, and slicks or massive intercoolers, were talking about ricer wings and body kits with stick on hood scoops.

In that case I would prefer the sleeper look as well but I wouldn’t ride around on steelies or factory hub caps either.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post

World's fastest street bikes live where?
                  Cheraw S.C.....ask around about a dude name Pigtail, and a bike named el cap u tan (dont know how its spelled, but thats how it sounds) . he also has the fastest stock length hayabusa, and I think the zx14 is done now too. Stupid money...stupid fast...like NHRA times on the street..I recall when he ran Duce McCallasters bike and beat it like a step child

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                    Well, with a Vet you don't have to try. Its a Corvette, you already know its fast.

With a Honda its a different story. Once you start lowering it and shit people automatically think you are trying to be a racer. Even though the vast majority don't do shit to the engine, thats just the reputation imports have when you start cosmetically modding them.
                    There's a big difference between tastefully modifying a car and all this hellaflush crap that's going on. Stock alignment with a drop that puts the wheel well gap on par with modern performance cars like Audis, plus some wheels that aren't showy, and nobody will do a double-take.

My point with the Corvette comparison has nothing to do with the badge. It's the idea of looking at a car and - by appearances - knowing that it can perform without being outragously desperate for attention. Maybe it's just my perspective, but I never see people have all that big of opinions towards Corvettes, with the more flashy Lamborghinis etc out there; they're too common.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

i like to keep it cool and the mods that are visibale are the mods i let people see (lol). no sense in "flaunting" your stuff, IMO, because there is always someone out there that would want whatever you have more than you. last thing i want to have happen to me is wake up or walk out to my car and it be gone
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

Sleeper! MAINLY because of police. Me and my buddy (with a cb7 also) have 2 different styles. I like to be sleeper-ish. He likes to show off lol. I like tasteful mods enough for police to not notice. While on the other hand, he has a carbon fiber hood, dropped low, black wheels, loud exhaust and more. I drive by police almost everyday and they seem to not notice me. I know for dam sure they see my friend though lol

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I like the sleeper look. But as stated previously when having a lower car, 5 lug conversion and other stuff. Thieves will want there hands on what you have. And a Cb enthusiast will know good parts & rare parts compared to your average thief on the streets. I can have my 98 740IL unlocked and my Cb Wagon unlocked and have more stuff in the wagon then my BMW and they will go for anything in the BMW. Shit they would probably take my carpet and try to sell it. Just make the car to your likings.

Comment

Def sleeper, slaying in a CB is devastating

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Does everyone on here live in the ghetto?

Comment

I guess mine are below sleeper to unconscious. All pretty much stock except for the EX upgrades to the LXs.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X