Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can a CB7 match an Integra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axle View Post
    I believe the EP3 Civics also suffered from suspension issues too, maybe not as badly as the DC5 chassis but non the less still suffered. Any model 2001 Civic/RSX and on wards really went backwards in the suspension department.

The only problem was that Honda at the time perfected the NA 4 banger. It doesn't get much better for small displacement 4 cylinders then the K series. That is where you are going to run into problems against the RSX. Even the budget RSX without the i-vtec system that the type-S and Type-R run they are putting out a healthy amount of power and torque. Enough to put our F-series to shame stock for stock 160hp/140 ft/lbs. 6500/5000 rpms respectively versus our stock top of the line F22a7 which was not in the American market putting out 150hp/145 ft/lbs. at ???/5000rpm. The power bands seem similar, but if I had to put money on usable power between the two my vote would be the base model K-series.

Now once you get into swap territory, the sky is the limit. It all depends on how much money you want to dump into the engine. Which is only one piece of the complex puzzle that we race in. My experiences on the race tracks with a turbo H22 are actually pretty amazing. There is plenty to do to it now to create a longevity base for the engine. I am running it in a dangerous zone with no bottom end build, which frankly is making me nervous. I am tossing around the idea of putting a F20b in because all the pieces to the puzzle are there as she sits. She has also put on a pretty good kill list including but not limited to an Evo X, a few STIs, a douche that didn't understand how to drive his Porsche. My favorites still are GSR and Swapped Integras/Civics though. There is a pride you get taking on other Hondas... sorry another tangent...
    When you say race track are you reffering to a drag strip, autocross, road racing...? Im actually very curious. At first I had no plans on even bothering with racing but im quickly changing my mind!
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

A girl I dated for a while had a B16 integra with a stiffer lowering spring setup(might have been skunk2 can't recall the brand name), a Greddy cat back, intake & some good tires. We enjoyed going to a local canyon for a bit of competitive driving between us & if my cb had the same mods her car had with a stock motor I would have lost every time. But an H22, Function & Form Type 1's, A'pexi exhaust, strut/sway bars & some falken ziex tires left her integra in the dust. If it's on the street our basic swaps & upgrades can generally out perform the integras you'll encounter because they don't drive Type-R's or pay attention to quality parts for the most part(obviously not every integra driver out there).

I'm headed up to button willow raceway in a few weeks for a track event that is generally filled with integras/civics so I guess I'll be finding out if we can actually keep up against them.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
        When you say race track are you reffering to a drag strip, autocross, road racing...? Im actually very curious. At first I had no plans on even bothering with racing but im quickly changing my mind!
        Road racing at Lime Rock during track days. The chassis has much to be desired, but it is doable. I have not figured out what class to put the CB in yet, but I am sure I might go through another engine setup and possibly drop FI because of it.

Originally posted by RedFalcoln View Post

I'm headed up to button willow raceway in a few weeks for a track event that is generally filled with integras/civics so I guess I'll be finding out if we can actually keep up against them.
        I have always wanted to race that track. If you see the MotoIQ people or Eyesore racing, give them a heartly hello from CB7Tuner for us
        My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
        Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Originally posted by RedFalcoln View Post
          A girl I dated for a while had a B16 integra with a stiffer lowering spring setup(might have been skunk2 can't recall the brand name), a Greddy cat back, intake & some good tires. We enjoyed going to a local canyon for a bit of competitive driving between us & if my cb had the same mods her car had with a stock motor I would have lost every time. But an H22, Function & Form Type 1's, A'pexi exhaust, strut/sway bars & some falken ziex tires left her integra in the dust. If it's on the street our basic swaps & upgrades can generally out perform the integras you'll encounter because they don't drive Type-R's or pay attention to quality parts for the most part(obviously not every integra driver out there).

So basically as long as I'm decently modded I can hang is what i'm getting from you and everyone else. Good info. That drive was on the street BUT I plan on using a track when I find one somewhat close. I'm not really worried about ones I see on the street because I know so many variables come into play anything can happen.

Comment

[QUOTE=axle;3121177]Road racing at Lime Rock during track days. The chassis has much to be desired, but it is doable. I have not figured out what class to put the CB in yet, but I am sure I might go through another engine setup and possibly drop FI because of it.[QUOTE]

When you say that do you mean because of it flexing or is it just an inferior design or something? Why drop the FI?

Comment

Road racing at Lime Rock during track days. The chassis has much to be desired, but it is doable. I have not figured out what class to put the CB in yet, but I am sure I might go through another engine setup and possibly drop FI because of it.
              When you say that do you mean because of it flexing or is it just an inferior design or something? Why drop the FI?
              Flexing is the major problem I am dealing with right now. Dialing in the Suspension is also becoming my biggest thing to tackle this year. The reason for dropping FI is if I want to put the car in a competitive class I would have to go N/A. Although, Time Attack has been catching my eye lately where I could run FI...
              My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Flexing is the major problem I am dealing with right now. Dialing in the Suspension is also becoming my biggest thing to tackle this year. The reason for dropping FI is if I want to put the car in a competitive class I would have to go N/A. Although, Time Attack has been catching my eye lately where I could run FI...
                If you could deck out the car with all of ESP's bars and maybe spot weld here and there do you think it would bring it up to par? So basically the FI is putting you into a class that's too advanced for the car?

Comment

If you could deck out the car with all of ESP's bars and maybe spot weld here and there do you think it would bring it up to par? So basically the FI is putting you into a class that's too advanced for the car?
                  Roll Cage is where it is at. It is in the process now.

Yeah power output is putting me into classes that are too fast for me.
                  My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Roll Cage is where it is at. It is in the process now.

Yeah power output is putting me into classes that are too fast for me.
                    Are you building one or getting one thats already made? Sorry for all the questions but i'm genuinely interested. I may be doing the same ting you are eventually

Comment

Are you building one or getting one thats already made? Sorry for all the questions but i'm genuinely interested. I may be doing the same thing you are eventually
                      No worries... It will actually help me if anyone chimes in about now.

I am having a tough time deciding over the prefabbed and custom route. The Prefabbed route will get me a 4 point cage I believe or it may be 6 point off the bat costing me very little money in the long run. The fact that it is relatively cheap leads me to believe that it will not really be a "good" cage to have. I will not be able to afford a custom cage right now, but have a buddy doing mock ups and design work for me now which may turn out to cost me less then I think.

With the Prefabbed one, it can always be added onto, a buddy of mine is a supreme-o welder who I would trust my life with give or take a few beers. I will not have the car out on the track again until the 2014 season to be realistic, but I may catch a few track events late 2013 if I am lucky. I have quite some time to sort that out.
                      My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

No worries... It will actually help me if anyone chimes in about now.

I am having a tough time deciding over the prefabbed and custom route. The Prefabbed route will get me a 4 point cage I believe or it may be 6 point off the bat costing me very little money in the long run. The fact that it is relatively cheap leads me to believe that it will not really be a "good" cage to have. I will not be able to afford a custom cage right now, but have a buddy doing mock ups and design work for me now which may turn out to cost me less then I think.

With the Prefabbed one, it can always be added onto, a buddy of mine is a supreme-o welder who I would trust my life with give or take a few beers. I will not have the car out on the track again until the 2014 season to be realistic, but I may catch a few track events late 2013 if I am lucky. I have quite some time to sort that out.
                        If you get one soon please let me know or make a thread about it. Im very interested to see how it goes in and how much it helps the car too. But like you said you can get a basic four point for cheap and add onto it as needed without spending a ton. What kind and size of tires are you running?

Comment

If you get one soon please let me know or make a thread about it. Im very interested to see how it goes in and how much it helps the car too. But like you said you can get a basic four point for cheap and add onto it as needed without spending a ton. What kind and size of tires are you running?
                          I will be updating my MRT sometime in the near future. For tire size I was running a 215/45/16 Kumho Ecsta XS. They performed very well, but I am looking for smaller and wider rims that are lighter then what I had. Already sold them a couple of months ago. I am looking for a 15 by 7 or 7.5 for my next tire/wheel combo.

Going back to why this thread is here. This thread has made me start to think about modifying the suspension points for better performance. Time to start doing some research on it.
                          My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

I will be updating my MRT sometime in the near future. For tire size I was running a 215/45/16 Kumho Ecsta XS. They performed very well, but I am looking for smaller and wider rims that are lighter then what I had. Already sold them a couple of months ago. I am looking for a 15 by 7 or 7.5 for my next tire/wheel combo.

Going back to why this thread is here. This thread has made me start to think about modifying the suspension points for better performance. Time to start doing some research on it.
                            Okay cool well good luck and I'll keep an eye out!

Comment

Chassis reinforcement is your friend. Something like this would go a long way. Might be just as good as a cage

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Chassis reinforcement is your friend. Something like this would go a long way. Might be just as good as a cage
                                I was looking at that when I was searching for a track car. Actually, the miata was my first choice of a car, but I could not find a good specimen when I was in the market. In time I plan on doing the underside of the car along with making a front and rear diffuser. I planned on making the whole underside of the car as smooth as possible to combat air turbulence.

The cage is needed first and foremost though.
                                My MRT

Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Working...
                                X