Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can a CB7 match an Integra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double wishbone (integra) pwns Macpherson strut design(CB) in cornering any day of the week.

And that is something that you cannot modify to make up for. Not going to happen.

This is also why the RSX is a POS in cornering. RSX has a macpherson type design, compared to the 90's integra/civic's having dual wishbone.

In the auto-x game, dual/double wishbone suspension rules all.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

First. Macphearson strut isn't inferior to double wish bone it's just a whole new game for Honda guys. Porsche has been benchmarking handling for years using macphearson setups. I personally don't want an rsx, but that is only one of many reasons.
      Now that I have a cb I consider myself out of the fast Honda game. I used to be in deep enough to know that really fast Hondas are crx and civic si from the same years. No p/s, no power windows no vtec=race car. A dohc zc motor(d block) with cams is gonna kill a b 16 or 18 vtec on a track. I kinda suspect the best track motor for our cars would be the f22b with proper cams and tune. That or delete vtec from an h and put some proper cams on it, but why pay for something you won't use.
      Back when I was sitting in my civic hatch I would never think the teggy,lude, or newer si had a chance. I raced s2000,cobras and corvettes. I only lost to crx's period and only after 90mph or so.
      Back in 2000 there was a kid in my city with a boosted gsr (high dollar Honda back then) who regularly wished he spent his money on something else I'm sure as 4000 dollar turbo c Rex's trounced him. A stock d sohc with a turbo crx can get into 13's in the quarter.
      It takes a lot of hp to get a cb to 13.9 quarter mile times which is why I still have a usdm swap f22a6. That and the stupid new v6mustang runs a 13.9 it's like why bother anymore.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
        Double wishbone (integra) pwns Macpherson strut design(CB) in cornering any day of the week.
        Dude you are better than this.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          The CB chassis IS double wishbone.....
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            The CB chassis IS double wishbone.....
            How do you figure? Where exactly in the front end are the double wishbones? Please, show me.

The LOWER control arm is straight, and is NOT a wishbone. Look at a double wishbone suspension on a civic or integra.

CB suspension;

So, exactly where are the double wishbones again?

Do you see in this pic how there is a wishbone in the lower control arm;

CB7's are NOT double wishbone.

Read up on it.

Accord lower control arm;

No wishbone there.

If I am wrong, please, educate me. Dual/Double wishbone means exactly that, 2 wishbones in the suspension. There are TONS of macpherson/chapman designs, as well as TONS of double wishbone suspension designs on all kinds of sports cars. Every manufacturer thinks they do it best.

Doesn't change the fact that double wishbone suspensions have 2 wishbones in the design.
            Last edited by toycar; 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM.
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/ho...accord-chassis
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

toycar the lower wishbone is comprised of the LCA and the radius arm.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Suspension designs varied from market to market. I would LOVE to see a diagram, showing double/dual wishbones for a CB. Pics would be just fine too.

Double/dual wishbones were specific to all wheel steering chassis-which is clearly not the US market. The US market did NOT get double/dual wishbone suspension on the accord, just like we didn't get all wheel steering either. Both mentioned in your article, that you posted.

Show me on my diagram or any pic/diagram for a CB where exactly the dual/double wishbones are.

***Edit***

This is quoted from your link;

DOUBLE WISHBONE FRONT SUSPENSION
                  The Accord's double wishbone front suspension system uses two arms, or wishbones, of different lengths to minimize changes in track and camber, and improve anti-dive characteristics. Its new design permits 25 mm (nearly an inch) more suspension travel-lO mm bump, 15 mm rebound-to increase ride comfort.

The main front suspension components are an upper lateral arm, a lower trailing compliance link and a lower lateral arm. The upper arm controls vertical wheel motion, permitting nearly vertical spring and damper travel and freeing the spring/shock strut from any wheel locating functions, which reduces shock friction and improves ride. The upper and lower control arms are widely separated for better load dispersion and improved anti-dive control, and the suspension geometry is set to minimize camber change for more precise wheel control. A front stabilizer bar contributes to flat cornering.

There is no trailing link on a CB. The trailing link, as shown on the civic suspension I gave a pic of, is very obvious is very obviously makes a wishbone in the lower control arm design.

I rest my case.
                  Last edited by toycar; 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I believe it is referred to as unequal length A-Arm suspension which is a form of double wishbone suspension. I could be wrong on this. It has been a longtime since school.
                    My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
                    Go Fast or Suck

Comment

It most certainly is NOT a McPherson strut design:

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        toycar the lower wishbone is comprised of the LCA and the radius arm.
                        Radius rod is in front of the wheel.

Trailing connection is what absorbs the body roll and gives the benefit of a "wishbone" design. It transfers the energy without compromising chamber. Thats the whole point of a dual/double wishbone suspension.

I see your point, and I see where it COULD be argued either way. In my eyes it is NOT a true dual wishbone because there is no trailing arm on the lower control arm, and that isn't just my opinion.

People argue about this all day long, and I am not saying I am 100% right at this point.

I think my pics/explanation give an adequate example of why an integra will always corner better with the same upgrades. That was the point of my post, so I'll just leave this conversation at that.

Comment

Originally posted by axle View Post
                          I could be wrong, but I believe it is referred to as unequal length A-Arm suspension which is a form of double wishbone suspension. I could be wrong on this. It has been a longtime since school.
                          on a technicality, yeah, could be correct.

Not a true double wishbone, which was my point from square one. Integra/civic suspension is, and it DOES corner better.
                          Last edited by toycar; 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                            It most certainly is NOT a McPherson strut design:

Certainly not the pic on the right either is it?

And the pic you have on there is more a chapman design, very similar to macpherson. you'll most likely see this kind of suspension in the rear of a car.

The way I understand the differences is on the way the energy is distributed, before and after the wheel, and how whether or not there are 2 actual wishbones in the design among many other minor details. Those are the big ones.

The radius rod on our chassis forms no wishbone in the suspension. I understand the point that glory is trying to make, and I am not trying to turn this into a pissing match.

My point, integra/civic suspension IS true double/dual wishbone, and it DOES perform better.

If my details, terminology or specifics are incorrect, I'll gladly own that.

Comment

JCWhiteny lists a replacement Macpherson strut bushing kit for 1990-1997 accord.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/1990-1997-h...3&filterid=g43

Autozone has a repair manual, titled Macpherson strut/damper Removal and installation for our car

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...00c1528005fb2a

I dont know, If I am wrong, I am not the only one. And LOTS of people would argue that this isn't a double wishbone design. Been reading and reading trying to figure out if I am wrong, and all signs point to NO.

If I am wrong, ill own it.

But, I really don't think I am. For all the stuff I can find suggesting it IS a macpherson design, I dont find ANYTHING that says otherwise. The other markets that had All wheel steering seem to have had double wishbones, but, that is all I can find suggesting that accords DID have it. Otherwise, everything, I mean everything i can find suggest otherwise.

Also, when looking into this, its announced frequently like its some big upgrade that accords finally DO have Double wishbones.

Just sayin, seems like I am right. I'll be wrong if someone can show me.

Comment

toycar, the Accord suspension is not a Macp design.

MacP = lower arm + strut acting as upper arm

DW = lower arm + higher arm.

Multilink = multiple arms, including trailing links

Accord front suspension was DW from 1986 through 2011. Honda even said so in press releases. You not knowing how to identify a suspension does not change the definition of suspension types.

Comment

Working...
                                X