Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Are CB's worth modding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
    Look how clean they can turn out.

Man that wagon is kleeen!

Comment

Of course they are ! Honda is a solid name and cb7 are good looking cars. I have this restricted budget too my friend, but one step at a time. Get in to run properly 1st, your parents will understand that you want a decent car that won't fall to pieces on the highway... then over time, add a little something here and there.

Check the member's rides... some of them took a while to build their project.

..So if you like your cb7...it's definitely worth putting some time/money on it.

Have fun !

Comment

Due to the wide ranging considerations involved, your personal circumstances and possible future outlook as well as the interpretation of the word modding only you can make the best and most informed decision.

However the major important factors in my opinion are the following:

1) Objectively - how long do you intend keeping this car? Is this just your stepping stone to a new car The longer you keep it the more you get your moneys worth of modifications.

2) Emotionally - How endearing is your liking of the CB7? (Dated looks, lower safety devices and acceptance that cheaper cars with more powerful off the shelf engines and higher techno gear will be constantly pass you by all day all night).

Lastly

3) Financially - Will your future financial position support your dream mod? Today's economy is not the best and falling short of your vision, coupled with unforeseeable repairs, underestimation of current repairs and the constant costs of maintenance of an old 21 yr vehicle may leave you with a sense of disillusionment and a bitter experience in dealing with Cb7's, Honda or in general "OLD" cars.
        Rides:

Accord
        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

do for you

Personally, i think you've just gotta have a love for whatever you are modding. I searched for years for a grandma driven CB7 until I found mine in 2009 (39K miles when I got it). I sold my 2001 Hyundai Tiburon (a great little car to drive BTW) after I got my CB7 looking how I wanted it to.
          Within 6 weeks of getting my CB7, I got it repainted in original color (Rosewood Brown Metallic), tinted the windows, threw on some good complimentary wheels to bring the whole package together.
          Now I am ready to start doing a few other things to try and get to the 140-150 HP range. Check out other members' rides and get ideas. If there is a meet in your area try to make it out to it and talk with some folks directly about what they have done.

Comment

First things first.

Owning an older car(My car is 21 now... It has just as many problems as me.) you WILL have to fix things up on it, and it WILL be expensive, generally.

For instance, my clutch went, and my steering rack was... whack... and it ran me upwards of 1600 bucks. Things can go wrong, and generally WILL go wrong when you get a car this old. (My labour rate was 45 bucks an hour... professional mechanic, too.)

Once you get everything mechanical ironed out, you start on the cosmetics. That's when the real fun starts(for me anyway)... Put rims on, slam the car, exhaust, mod the lights, trick out the interior... It's your plaything. I love my CB7 and it's been worth every dollar I've put into it mechanically and otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Revious View Post
              First things first.

For instance, my clutch went, and my steering rack was... whack... and it ran me upwards of 1600 bucks. Things can go wrong, and generally WILL go wrong when you get a car this old. (My labour rate was 45 bucks an hour... professional mechanic, too.)
              Modding? Certainly worth maintaining. It doesn't have to be that expensive - invest in a service manual and do the work yourself. It's the only way I can afford to keep my fleet.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-02-2013, 10:42 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

To be honest with you I been there on both sides of the fence. Do what you want its your money and its your time. Eventually things get old depending on your budget and what your intentions are on the car.

Its all up to you I started out doing the tuning thing with this car and eventually moved on to a newer car. It will be great to start you out with since parts and mods on this car are by far the cheapest I've seen compared to other cars I've owned. Listen to your heart and talk to the car let it know how you feel it has to choose you through its feedback to let you know how it feels.

Comment

Working...
                X