Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is anyone sponsered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone sponsered?

Just curious... Is anyone in our little group here sponsered? I have seen advertisments from websites like www.carsponsorships.com. I have seen how you have to have a Credit card to pay the processing fee or whatever that maybe. Just wondering if anyone in here has a sponsership and how you go about getting sponsered. What does your sponsership include Perks etc? Just curious as to if there are any sponserships out there that are worth anything. Let me know back. I figured getting sponsered might be a good way to go about getting some extra cash. Thanks in advance.

yes i went to that place and they called my house the next day to set up an appointment to come see my car and found out that i was not of legal age (18) so they wouldnt even bother
    Everything done on this baby is all by me, NOT one thing done by a shop or store

My myspace hit me up

Comment

Just about everyone starts with Decalkits.com. I personally got that, plus Max It Out video, Blaupunkt audio, and StreetFX lighting. I didn't accept any of the offers, though I was interested in the lighting (the product they were pushing was an underbody kit, which I would love, but our sideskirts are flush, making it hard to mount them).

Here's a few threads on the subject.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=866007
      (if that doesn't work, just search for "carsponsorships.com")

If you get sponsored, you get free parts. You HAVE to use them, and you can't sell them. You have to participate in events as well... at least for most of them. It's a great way to get free parts if you're willing to comply... and the manufacturer decals on your car will actually mean something! You have to start small (like decalkits.com) and work your way up. They aren't going to throw free wheels, body kits, and engine parts at a stock-ish car. However, if you show them you're serious, and you continue to make progress, the offers will pour in. Eventually you'll get the REALLY good stuff!

Comment

I wish I could get sponsored! lol I signed up at http://www.carsponsors.com they called my place but I wasn't there to answer, and the only times they are open are the times I work, so I can't get a hold of them . My car needs more work though before it becomes sponsorship worthy lol.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

That's the great thing about the company in my sig... they actually WANT stock cars, so they can start from scratch.

It's a good thing, but I can't keep up with the show scene I'm not quite race-worthy yet, either.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            That's the great thing about the company in my sig... they actually WANT stock cars, so they can start from scratch.

It's a good thing, but I can't keep up with the show scene I'm not quite race-worthy yet, either.
            Just curious... I am only 20 and havent established my credit yet so I dont have a Credit Card to pay the fee with... Would they accept a personal check or even Paypal?

Comment

I'm not sure... you should be able to get a credit card easily enough though. I got one at 18. They pretty much threw it at me! Do you have any bills in your name? Car insurance? Cell phone? Anything? If so, you have credit, and should be able to get a card with no problem.

If you're looking to get involved with shows and events, you're a prime candidate for sponsorship.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                Just curious... I am only 20 and havent established my credit yet so I dont have a Credit Card to pay the fee with... Would they accept a personal check or even Paypal?
                If you have a bank account (if not start one) call your bank and get a secured credit card that way you try the sponsor thing.

(just my 2 cents) Easy way to build your credit imo is go to a department store like Target and get an in store credit card. I tried to charge 50 month at least then pay it off every time (never kept a balance). It builds your credit quick ( in about a year) if you are never late and pay it off. I was 24 with a wife and 2 kids making 18,000 a year and pre approved for a 130,000 house ( how they did the math on that amazes me maybe the thought I did not need to eat).

Good luck on the sponsor thing.

Comment

hmm something to consider :-P my car is mostly stock albiet showing the starting tuner signs so I might be a good candidate.. and if someone wanted to donate a system I'm down. ^_^ Gonna clean up a few things before I try to apply though. book marked the pages fa sho...
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Use my link! You'll help support the site!

Comment

ok I'll try to remember :-)

curious, how much/what have you gotten being sponsered by them now? And perhaps what could you get/have gotten from the sponsers?
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I actually declined all of my offers. My work schedule doesn't allow regular participation in events (I'm a waiter, so I work weekends... not many shows and events happen on Monday nights!). The best sponsorships I got were for audio and lighting. Things I really don't need, since I'm more for performane. The performance sponsorships come later, when you show you're serious (those things cost more money).

Comment

Please Read

Originally posted by R33cb7
                          spon·sor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spnsr)
                          n.

- One who assumes responsibility for another person or a group during a period of instruction, apprenticeship, or probation.
                          - One who vouches for the suitability of a candidate for admission.
                          - A legislator who proposes and urges adoption of a bill.
                          - One who presents a candidate for baptism or confirmation; a godparent.
                          - One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming in return for advertising time.

tr.v. spon·sored, spon·sor·ing, spon·sors
                          To act as a sponsor for.

Nowhere in this definition does it say that the sponsoree does the paying. Save your money bro. Put YOUR OWN MONEY into your ride, and when you think you're ready, seek out sponsors. All you (and anyone else who falls for this scam) are doing is making these guys money in exchange for some cheap vinyl decals and "discounted parts". Anyway you look at this scam, you have to pay money. They promise you fast sponsorships, and what is it really, $89 vinyl decals? Come on. If you want decals, give me $89 and I'll give you rolls of the stuff. You're smarter than this. There is no such thing as an easy thing. You have to work hard for what you want.
                          I posted this a while ago. I still feel this way. Sorry Deevs, but this is a scam. If you go to college, you don't have to pay for a scholarship. If the school wants you bad enough, you'll go for free. Same applies for sponsorships. If a company wants you to advertise for them, they'll give you parts for FREE! Under a real sponsorship, you pay ZILCH, ZERO, NADA, NOTHING, 0.00%! All of your parts are free.99 IN EXCHANGE FOR ADVERTISING. You scratch a company's back, they scratch yours. It's that simple.

They are misleading people with their name. SSDH22Accord (Jed) is working out a deal with a distributor of House of Color. The deal is, he will place the company's logo on his ride and represent them at shows in exchange for money/parts. It's not costing him a dime. Carsponsorships.com claim to be a "Sponsorship Agency" because they've been getting shit about the whole $89 fee thing. So they try to justify their existance by calling themselves an "agency."

Once again, if you want to know how a sponsorship REALLY works click here.

One final thing, if you help carsponsorships.com find dummies to fall for this scam, they give you a cut of the pie. Save your money.

If you choose to disagree with me, that's your God given right. I personally would use that money for a new pair of kicks, a few fitted hats, or 2 1/2 cases of Corona Extra............but that's just me.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

You pay for the service... without a heavily modified car, getting sponsored at all is nearly impossible. Sure, the sponsorships offered to unmodified cars are lame, but they give you a starting point. As you make your car better, more are offered.

The money paid is for the service of finding and negotiating sponsorships. The full sponsorships offered require no payment. The partial sponsorships offered give large discounts... and can be made full if the requirements are met.

Jed has a LOT of work done to his car. He's also one hell of a salesman. Some people aren't.

This is the same as having an agent. If you're a musician, actor, etc... you have an agent. Someone to find and negotiate deals for you. Going to a company with nothing but an Ebay intake on your car and asking for sponsorship will get you laughed at. The most you'll be able to find on your own is some unknown company looking for cars to test prototypes on.

I'd like to see this: Two people, both with stock 1992 Accord Sedans in similar condition. One goes with carsponsorships.com, the other seeks sponsorship on their own. No mods except those offered by the sponsors are done to the cars over the course of a year. Which will come out on top? Which will have more done?

Not to say you're wrong. Sure, a good car can get sponsorships without such a service. If you have a 400hp CB7 with absolutely no dents and a full leather interior, you'd be a total moron to pay for a service such as this. But when you're just starting out, it's a good deal.

I believe we had this conversation before... and I don't believe you swayed my thinking one bit on this.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Jed has a LOT of work done to his car. He's also one hell of a salesman. Some people aren't.
                              Have you been reading the SoCal threads? Jed crashed his CB months ago, 2 days before HIN San Diego. He was registered for the show and everything and got hit by a truck the day before roll-in. He is getting sponsored with a nearly BONE STOCK '92 CB7 coupe. As for him being one hell of a salesmen, he's as average as American pie.

From the Carsponsorship.com website:

"Become a Car Scout for CarSponsorships.com and make real money recruiting individuals for sponsorships. Put our banners and text links on your website, search engines or forums and start sending people to our website. Affiliates generate sales for commercial websites and in return receive a commission for any sales they generate. Click Here To Signup! Already a Scout? LOGIN HERE"

Deevs, of course you're gonna disagree..............Aren't you a scout?

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X