Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Would you buy a rwd cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you buy a rwd cb7?

This is very simple... If Honda came out with a brand-new cb7 Accord, same exact dimensions in every way, same power, wheel choices, color choices, everything exactly the same except it would be rear wheel drive - would you buy it? We'll set the base DX, BBB price at $22,000, the high end EX model at $27,000.

To me, the lack of rear-drive is the only thing that has kept the Accord from being perfect. If only BMW knew how to build a reliable car! I like the 2001 BMW 7 series b/c it has a very similar outline to our beloved cb7, but with rwd and a slightly more stately, business-like appearance.
    Yes!
    54.72%
    No.
    45.28%
    -Christopher 1993 Accord DX 5spd
    Macon, GA

The Genisis of Digital Beauty:

hell yeah, drifting cb7's FTW.
    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Being able to get sideways in a cb. Who wouldn't want to take one for a spin.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

not me, you will see everybody with big ass 20's in the back and 17's in the front tryin to drag race everyday and plus more people would die cause they dont know how to handle a rwd car, so I would say goodbye to the cb7 actually ya I would own one like crazy lol
        Originally posted by jboyce
        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

You would probably see an AWD production accord before a RWD one. the "tuner" crowd is NOT Honda's target audience, believe it or not. We make up a very small percentage of Honda buyers.

My grandmother would not want a RWD accord.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i would love to have a rwd cb7 but for 22k hell no!!! ill just do s2000 engine swap and spend 10k to 15k!!!

Comment

27K will buy you a far better car, so no.

Comment

WOW.....I just noticed the 22k part and if that is the actual price I would have to say I change my mind. Maybe for 14k-16k I would get it for sure. For 22k I am gonna have to say no. But it is still one hell of an idea.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

I'm probably going to have a rwd cb7 in the next 2 or 3 years if i still have mine...

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

22k when the CB chassis was new? Or right now? Either way how many members here can say they've bought the CB by choice when new.

Comment

No.

I'd buy a Cressida, two more cylenders.

Comment

^^^^^^LOL^^^^
                        Well isn't it possible to use some CRV stuff and do just that?
                        W/e I love mine...And If it was RWD I would love it more..

Comment

people say that they'd love a RWD cb, but there are much better RWD cars out there for sure. i'm kinda partial to nissans myself, but i'd say that if you're looking for a fun to drive factor, a 240sx is hard to beat for the money.

Comment

AWD cb7 ftw!
                            -:¦:-
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

I'd want it for the originality... though if Honda made them, it wouldn't be original.

Still, I love the CB7, so having a RWD version of it would make it much sportier, with considerably more potential for big power. Not to mention, crazy swaps are much easier with RWD.

To spend 22-27k on a new RWD Accord (in this dated body style... I'd honestly buy a CB before I'd buy a new one if they both came new...) it would have to be largely for the love of the car. AccordWarrior is right in that there are "better" cars for that money. R33 nailed it when he said Honda isn't focusing on the tuner crowd, either... CERTAINLY not for Accords! We have the Civic Si, HFP, Type R, Type S, and Mugen stuff... none of it really applies to any USDM Accord.

Someday I may make a RWD Accord. It'll probably be a 3rd gen hatch, though... just because

Comment

Working...
                              X