Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord lx vs 07 civic si?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord lx vs 07 civic si?

my friend will be getting an 07 civic si soon, and i was thinking about taking him to the track
    do you guys think i stand a chance in my car's current condition?
    how about after i get some more mods?

future mods include transmission swap, new flywheel, short shifter, new springs, and maybe racing seats

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Originally posted by b3nsonx
    my friend will be getting an 07 civic si soon, and i was thinking about taking him to the track
    do you guys think i stand a chance in my car's current condition?
    how about after i get some more mods?

future mods include transmission swap, new flywheel, short shifter, new springs, and maybe racing seats

if those are your mods that you have in your sig on your car now? maybe. dont use the 17's tho. put your onions(steelies or your stock rims) on at the track. it might come down to how good of a drive he is. he can have that 160-170whp all he wants but if he cant shift right then suck to be him. lol.

STOCK our cars do i think 16's or 17's in the 1/4. find out what the SI does. also find out if he has the 4dr or the coupe.

Comment

Sorry but a F22 wont be near a 07 SI,better get an H22 and tell us how it turned out, I've seen 07 SI's get owned already but they sure move nice,so I would say that an H22 with mods
      DE PUERTO RICO PAL MUNDO!!! OUR CREW!!! RESPECT!!!

No,u will not run 10 sec with 20 bucks!

Comment

Si is going to win hands down unless he is a shitty driver.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have the four door SI, actually i bought it for my wife LOL. It puts down about 180 to 185 whp stock,and no the cb will not keep up even with an average driver.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

He can always not find second lol. I have seen that happeen lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The new Si is 197 crank hp, I believe... that's about 165whp. The curb weight is a little less than 2900lbs... Basically, it's a 6 speed H22 CB7 power/weight wise. The K20 has about the same horsepower as an H22, but the torque is closer to that of an F22. Peak torque at 6100rpm, peak hp at 7800... so like all smaller, high horsepower Honda motors, it has to rev to the moon to make power.

Your car makes 70hp less, but roughly the same torque. You have one less gear, and you make your power lower... which means while he's revving that engine up and shifting an extra time, you're pulling. However, while he's revving like crazy, your F22 will be wheezing... stock, the F22 isn't a high-performance breather (it has potential, but not stock!)

With your bolt-on mods, you MIGHT be making 125whp. You'll also be running an older engine that is probably lacking in power due to 17 years of wear. Not to mention the fact that the stock ECU tends to run rich when bolt-ons are introduced.

To stand a chance, you'll need to drive perfectly... and he'll need to forget how to shift. That thing would give a good run to my H22, and maybe even win.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                The new Si is 197 crank hp, I believe... that's about 165whp. The curb weight is a little less than 2900lbs... Basically, it's a 6 speed H22 CB7 power/weight wise. The K20 has about the same horsepower as an H22, but the torque is closer to that of an F22. Peak torque at 6100rpm, peak hp at 7800... so like all smaller, high horsepower Honda motors, it has to rev to the moon to make power.

Your car makes 70hp less, but roughly the same torque. You have one less gear, and you make your power lower... which means while he's revving that engine up and shifting an extra time, you're pulling. However, while he's revving like crazy, your F22 will be wheezing... stock, the F22 isn't a high-performance breather (it has potential, but not stock!)

With your bolt-on mods, you MIGHT be making 125whp. You'll also be running an older engine that is probably lacking in power due to 17 years of wear. Not to mention the fact that the stock ECU tends to run rich when bolt-ons are introduced.

To stand a chance, you'll need to drive perfectly... and he'll need to forget how to shift. That thing would give a good run to my H22, and maybe even win.
                The Civic Si is underrated, as is the Accord, and the non-Si Civic. The 2003-2007 Accord 6 speed in some cases was putting down slightly over 230WHP stock, but was rated at 240-244. Some Si's have been putting down very close to 200WHP stock.

The TL is under-rated, as is the RDX, and possibly the MDX. There are rumors the new Accord may be also. Honda has been sandbagging for a few years now.
                Last edited by owequitit; 09-21-2007, 01:08 AM.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

my friend has an 07 SI, hes a shitty driver...

no way in hell my old cb7 or even my new cd7 will keep up with it.

Comment

The Si wont even have to get past 3rd to out run and out corner your cb7. Get that h22. Then you guys can have some serious fun

Comment

What about the TL Type S?...any good?

Comment

Originally posted by DOZER
                        It will rape you dirty dont even think about it. It can take out H22 accords. The new ones.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Damn..i need to go test drive that baby...i seen like two on the streets..charcoal grey...they look nice ass hell..i was like "if i ever get a new car..this would be it"..i just love the model of them...but they should of made it in a Coupe...or an Option should be out there if u want a 4Dr or a Coupe..Cuz a buddy of mines has the Altime SE-R and it runs...great handling..that shit is dope..and another one has the Sentra SE-R VSpec...and that shit is sweet two!!..but ill go for the TL Type S hands down..

Comment

im sorry to give you the news but............................................... ...............................the si is ftw. sorry.

i raced a 07 si sedan on the freeway, he had a full exhaust and intake. and i have a full exhaust and intake, and he took me like i was nothing, but i remained to keep up with him.
                            Last edited by quickangel93; 09-23-2007, 01:13 PM.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by DOZER
                              the tl type-s is v6 monster on wheels. if a tl type s pulls up to you with a comptech supercharger, might as well turn off the road, cus once he punches the gas, your history for him.
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                              X