Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord lx vs 07 civic si?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bro if those are the only mods u have im sorry to break it to u but that SI is going to spank u!! the only way u can woop his ass is with a H22 or a fully built F22..or u can just get a bottle and spray on his ass!!!

H22 comin very soon

Comment

does me racing the sedan or coupe make a difference?
      he wants the sedan btw
      and i think a stock civic si coupe runs 15's on the track, i dont remember the exact number...

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx
        does me racing the sedan or coupe make a difference?
        he wants the sedan btw
        and i think a stock civic si coupe runs 15's on the track, i dont remember the exact number...
        the si sedan pulls as good as a coupe.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i raced a 07 si sedan on the freeway, he had a full exhaust and intake. and i have a full exhaust and intake, and he took me like i was nothing, but i remained to keep up with him.
          you raced him on the freeway, im planning to race my friend at a 1/4 mile track
          hopefully it results differently?
          because the civic has to rev up pretty high compared to my car

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Either way you are going to lose. The coupe is heavier. So yea...

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

nooo!
              how about a fully rebuilt engine, forged pistons, forged connecting rods, titanium retainers, air/fuel controller, control module, MSD sport compact ignition box, skunk2 throttle body, throttle body spacer, 5 speed transmission swap, aftermarket flywheel, short shifter, aftermarket springs, shocks, racing seats, pulley kit, and cam gear....all on top of my current mods

will this mind blowing list of mods be enough to take down the SI?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

No, that sounds like enough to take down an EX or LX to me. Even that would be a close race.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                  No, that sounds like enough to take down an EX or LX to me. Even that would be a close race.
                  Agreed half of those mods arent even "mods". Forged pistons and whatever...Not even specific on what you are looking for so in other words no.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

forged pistons are lighter and stronger than stock pistons
                    i read that they perform better at higher RPM's compared to stock pistons.
                    like since they're lighter, they will move faster and with effort on the engine

doesn't that = more power?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

also you have got the si lsd to contend with so he will defienly jump you off the line and then keep pulling
                      visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                      For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

just get yourself a "GSR" with bolt on's!

Comment

Originally posted by street_beauty90

LOL! I think it is funny that everyone thinks the Si will be unstoppable. I hate to be the realist here, but it is a high 14 low 15 second car stock. Hardly, unbeatable. A 35 shot on a bone stock Accord would give it a good run. I think everyone is forgetting that below 5K the Accord will own the Si. More displacement, more torque.

As far as a GSR with bolt ons...LOL! I kept up with a few of those in a bolt on auto Accord.

Bottomline, if the kid doesn't drive very well, it could be a good race. Stock vs stock, or mild bolt on vs mild bolt on, the Si will win, if the drivers are equal. But driver is a majority of the equation.

Bolt on Si's have also been known to shave almost 1 second off thier times. Also if you really think about it, the difference between a 16 or so second car and a 15 second or so car is not that much.

When my car was stock, I kept right next to a modded 1999-2000 Civic Si until 70MPH when I hit 3rd gear. Then he pulled pretty good. He ran about 1-1.5 seconds faster, but he was only a few car lengths ahead passing 80mph. He kept looking over his shoulder because he couldn't understand it.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by street_beauty90
                            That car will still have problems with keeping up.

Originally posted by b3nsonx
                            forged pistons are lighter and stronger than stock pistons
                            i read that they perform better at higher RPM's compared to stock pistons.
                            like since they're lighter, they will move faster and with effort on the engine

doesn't that = more power?
                            Yea but just saying forged whatever doesnt tell anyone crap. Yea forged internals are stronger but you werent specific enough to mention anything so still the answer is no without further info.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              LOL! I think it is funny that everyone thinks the Si will be unstoppable. I hate to be the realist here, but it is a high 14 low 15 second car stock. Hardly, unbeatable. A 35 shot on a bone stock Accord would give it a good run. I think everyone is forgetting that below 5K the Accord will own the Si. More displacement, more torque.

As far as a GSR with bolt ons...LOL! I kept up with a few of those in a bolt on auto Accord.

Bottomline, if the kid doesn't drive very well, it could be a good race. Stock vs stock, or mild bolt on vs mild bolt on, the Si will win, if the drivers are equal. But driver is a majority of the equation.

Bolt on Si's have also been known to shave almost 1 second off thier times. Also if you really think about it, the difference between a 16 or so second car and a 15 second or so car is not that much.

When my car was stock, I kept right next to a modded 1999-2000 Civic Si until 70MPH when I hit 3rd gear. Then he pulled pretty good. He ran about 1-1.5 seconds faster, but he was only a few car lengths ahead passing 80mph. He kept looking over his shoulder because he couldn't understand it.
                              I remember a dude on HT with an SI. Just got it threw header/exhaust/kpro as I recall threw on a pair of slicks and ran a 13.9. I just remember it was reddish but that was impressive.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

with your current mods you are making no more then 115whp i say this because i dynoed with intake full custom exhaust 2.5 piping header back and i only made 109 whp. I didn't have an aftermarket header just a stock 4-1 header. But ya take off the 17s when you go to the track and put steelies on weight will go down. But like everyone said if he is a crappy shifter then ya you have a good chance. It is very easy to miss 2nd and 3rd. I use to do it all the time and still do it sometimes.
                                Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-26-2007, 01:25 PM.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X