Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord lx vs 07 civic si?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b3nsonx
    forged pistons are lighter and stronger than stock pistons
    i read that they perform better at higher RPM's compared to stock pistons.
    like since they're lighter, they will move faster and with effort on the engine

doesn't that = more power?
    no necessarialy but it does make your engine stronger on abuse. Can push it a little bit long on the rpms range, not as far as the h22 but pretty far. But with the f22 you actually start losing power around 5-5500rpms. When we dynoed my car a long time ago we were watching the curve and it was strong till about then then it just plummeted it was funny and sad at the same time. Throw on a DOHC non-vtec head on there to make up for it. The head really improves the top-end a good amount.

But as for the si's i am very disappointed i use to look up to them and the b16 but then i got some work done on my car and they aren't all they are cracked out to be. I was very very disappointed. Especially after everyone was like si's car the shit, but i am starting to think they are over rated. But i do have to admit i love the civic hatch si.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
      no necessarialy but it does make your engine stronger on abuse. Can push it a little bit long on the rpms range, not as far as the h22 but pretty far. But with the f22 you actually start losing power around 5-5500rpms. When we dynoed my car a long time ago we were watching the curve and it was strong till about then then it just plummeted it was funny and sad at the same time. Throw on a DOHC non-vtec head on there to make up for it. The head really improves the top-end a good amount.

But as for the si's i am very disappointed i use to look up to them and the b16 but then i got some work done on my car and they aren't all they are cracked out to be. I was very very disappointed. Especially after everyone was like si's car the shit, but i am starting to think they are over rated. But i do have to admit i love the civic hatch si.
      We are talking about the new SI. K20Z = 200hp and 2.0L not the 1.6.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        I remember a dude on HT with an SI. Just got it threw header/exhaust/kpro as I recall threw on a pair of slicks and ran a 13.9. I just remember it was reddish but that was impressive.

Yes, I agree, there are several AZ guys here running very similar times with basic bolt ons.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
        X