Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Squeaky power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the kind of squeaking I would surmise it being the belt. If it's a constant "sqeeeaaaaaaak" I would bleed the system. If it's more a 'sqeeEeeAaaak" I would replace the belt. It's kind of hard to explain, but I think it's probably a belt. Bleeding the system can't hurt though.

Comment

I recently noticed that my power steering hose was leaking. So I ordered one from advance auto.

After changing the hose It made the "wet fingers on glass sound" all the time. I thought It might have been the pump. So I went to the JY and got another pump same thing. So then I got to looking at the hose The new hose was smaller in diameter than the stock one. Hum?
      So this prompted another trip to the JY. I grabbed the best looking stock hose. Replaced it today, quiet power steering again.
      My theory was the rack was starved for fluid.

Obviously the hose isn't your problem but I believe the rack is not getting the fluid it needs. Probably your pump.
      advance $100
      JY $20.

Steve

Comment

Everything i've read in this thread ( the old and the new posts ) points to bad ball joints ( upper or lower ) or tie rods ( inner or outer )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Everything i've read in this thread ( the old and the new posts ) points to bad ball joints ( upper or lower ) or tie rods ( inner or outer )
          You are correct.

The wheel movement makes you think ball joints. When mine went out It was like a clunk when I went over bumps.
          My power steering problem was more of a constant thing in my case.
          Upper A arms are about $50 from advance with lifetime warranty.

steve

Comment

Working...
          X