Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about resonator on exhaust systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about resonator on exhaust systems

I was wondering what is the resonator on your exhaust for??? Im going to purchase a full exhaust system today! headers, down pipe, flex pipe, maybe an apexi muffler (really I like the ricey one I have now) and I was wondering what is the resonator for???? Do I need to have it on my car??? does it act like a secondary muffler?? One more question, what size exhaust pipe would be best for my CB7?? 2 inch?? 2 1/4??? 3 inch???? Oh by the way, My engine is the F22A1 so you guys will have an idea on what im working with. One more thing,I completed my auto to manual swap last week!!! My car is no longer auto!!!! The car shifts beautifully!!!!!! no problems what so ever!!!! I thank you guys for all the information you have posted and I post pics soon.

The resonator does muffle the sound a little, you don't have to have it, but your muffler might attract the police so having one might not be a bad idea, with or without it, it won't affect performance. A good size piping for an exhaust would be 2.25" from the cat back.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

the resonator helps cancel out certain frequencies of sound in the exhaust.It will take the raspyness away from the sound and it will give you a little molre back pressure, and i would go no bigger than 2.5.Its fun to shift
      90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

2.25 is the best size for a N/A A1, my last cb had the A1 and i had no cat no resonator and a 2.5 cuatom pipe all the way down with a ceapo ractive pipe and let just say...I hated it!!!! Got 4 tickets. and it pissed me off on my trip to NY and back. Sounded like a bee fartin into a tuba.Go headers, no cat not resonator to a stocky.
        90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

So deleting it would give me more of a ricey sound???

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
            So deleting it would give me more of a ricey sound???
            Yes a little bit more ricey..lol

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22

Comment

wheres a good place to buy a resonator,and what are good brands?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Personally I would just get a generic one of Ebay

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                  Personally I would just get a generic one of Ebay
                  what length? i've seen 10,12,18.does the length make a difference?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Yup. trust me if you like the deeper, throaty sound, then go with a resonator. My boys teg has duals and header and he brought it back to the shop and put resonators on. It sounded so much better, and it wasnt poppin.
                    90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

10" magnaflow or even a chepo would do.
                      90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...1%7C240%3A1318

to long?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

that will work fine, the cheap ones i would go longer than 10". That will make it sound way better and its a deal
                          90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Jay1 View Post
                            that will work fine, the cheap ones i would go longer than 10". That will make it sound way better and its a deal
                            thanks man.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I usd a 22" glass pack. Sounds great.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X