Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Questions regarding ebay clutch kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions regarding ebay clutch kits?

Ok, I am looking for a new clutch kit and while searching the net, I run across Ebay. There are a few companies on there I'm not to familiar with like, XTD, F-1, XTR and a few others. I am use to companies like Ogura, HKS, Centerforce, Exedy, etc.

If anyone on here has used them or heard any feedback from others please let me know. Any information is much appreciated.

I bought the Excedy Stage 2 Clutch/Pressure plate w/ Fidanza flywheel for $300.00 from ebay.

I feel a better response from my trans and i reach high rpms a lot quicker than my stock setup. Best mod so far.

Comment

When u bought yours did it come with flywheels bolts and pressure plate bolts, just curious cause most dont say they come with them.

Also, was that 300.00 + S/H or 300.00 Total?

Comment

i've got the exedy OEM replacement clutch and the F1 11.5 pound fly wheel, was only 243 after shipping fees. no those do not come with bolts, i think most of the time people reuse every bolt.

if you're going to buy something on ebay, i'd recommend a company called "Gripforce". when i had a question, i just called them right up on the cell, they answered everything in a very professional manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsir85 View Post
          When u bought yours did it come with flywheels bolts and pressure plate bolts, just curious cause most dont say they come with them.

Also, was that 300.00 + S/H or 300.00 Total?
          Exedy makes OEM clutches... they're 100% legit.

I have an XTC Stage 3 clutch kit and flywheel... the flywheel is ok. The clutch is garbage, the pressure plate is softer than stock, and the throwout bearing failed. My car is down until I can take the time to pull the transmission.

If you aren't going turbo, and don't have a crazy NA build... get the Exedy/Fidanza combos. You won't be disappointed. And use an OEM Honda throwout bearing! Replacing your clutch master and slave cylinders would be smart as well. And use Honda synthetic transmission fluid, or GM Syncromesh.

Comment

I have Exedy stage 1 on my turbo setup. have done 12,000kms so far and had no problems.
            For the Hp/Tq I'm running I'm suprised myself, on how long the clutch has lasted.
            Exedy makes great clutches, thats all I can say

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Thank you for the input. I am very familiar with Exedy clutches from previous experience with past Nissans I have owned. Mainly concerned about the "other" companies; clutches, flywheels and pressure plates. In the past I have only used Centerforce, Exedy, and HKS for clutches and pressure plates on past vehicles.

I am actually doing a auto-5spd swap in my 92' coupe. Basically want the lightest/strongest setup without having to sell a kidney to pay for it.

Comment

Good Luck with your auto to manual swap I just finished mine!Very labor intensive. If you have any questions feel free to PM me! I feel like my noob status is out the door now since I did this swap!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsir85 View Post
                  Thank you for the input. I am very familiar with Exedy clutches from previous experience with past Nissans I have owned. Mainly concerned about the "other" companies; clutches, flywheels and pressure plates. In the past I have only used Centerforce, Exedy, and HKS for clutches and pressure plates on past vehicles.

I am actually doing a auto-5spd swap in my 92' coupe. Basically want the lightest/strongest setup without having to sell a kidney to pay for it.

The Exedy/Fidanza combo is the best you'll find for a good price, in that case.

Comment

GripForce company is cheap and their clutches are decent. I know it because I had it in my DSM, and my friend's DSM. Go with them and if you have any questions just call them

I don't know your plans, but their top notch clutch setup is good for up to 430WHP, at least that was my experience with them, but after that it will start slipping.

Edit: I forgot to add that this was on my AWD DSM...

Comment

Yeah, GripForce is good. I believe they're probably the best source for the Exedy/Fidanza combo as well... best price.

Comment

the grammar in this thread is excellent. i can't add anything though. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Ok, based on the feedback form all of you I have two choices, either exedy or the gripforce product for good equipment.

There is one thing, I dont have any bolts. At our shop we build a lot of muscle cars, and we always use ARP bolts for everything, but they dont make them for the F22 or H22. Im curious on how to get some, or are the bolts the same size for the B or D series engines?

Comment

People usually reuse the stock bolts. If you're concerned about trusting old bolts, you can probably order new from Honda. I don't know if the B or D series ones would work, but there's very little interchangeable between the B/D and H/F motors... so I wouldn't bank on it. Checking Honda part numbers would be a good way to determine that. Same number, same part (obviously!)

Exedy is OEM. Definite quality. Gripforce is lower quality (their own products, that is). Not bad, but nowhere near on par with the brands you're familiar with.

Companies like Spec and Action are also fantastic for our applications. Action clutch kits can be found on bisimoto.com for $370 (for a sprung disc)

Comment

all the ebay ones are worth the money. you get what you pay for.
                              I am the "other" white meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X