Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

code 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code 43

my 90 cb7 is spiting and sputtering while driving at 2000 rpm's ,but when i down shift it goes away and when i push in the clutch it goes away. the check engine light comes on after a period of driving. i checked it today b/c the problem is getting worse. the code it through is a code 43(fuel supply system).this all started when we got the bad ice and snow weather recently .so anyone got a clue what is wrong with my car or, anyone ever have a problem similar to this with there car?

Man ive been having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Except i got a 43 and a 41. 41 is an 02 sensor. i was told that the 02 sensor can possibly fix a code 43 though too. But im not positive. I havent had the time to get the sensor and try it yet. Let me know what it is when u figure it out thanx.

Comment

i changed my o2senser last year
      so that's not it.

Comment

I had the same problem for months and months. changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injector cleaner, changed the spark plugs.....

It was ridiculous. I don't recommend dropping or putting a fuel tank alone. its a bitch and a half.

Anyways I changed the o2 sensor and it was like driving a new car. CEL went away and hasn't *knocks on wood* come back. The one that was in was only about a year old maybe.
        90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
        91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

check your fuel system...check to see if you got pressure at the rail and trace the shit back man. better than being a parts swapper...

Comment

Yea dude. Just get a new o2 sensor. I'm surprised you aren't gettin' a #1 too. #1/#41 codes normally lead to #43. When an o2 sensor's bad, your car will run rich. Do NOT go cheap on the o2 sensor. The first o2 sensor I purchased was a bosch. It lasted for about....nah, it just didn't work at all. I recommend the Denso. www.carpartswholesale.com I got mine for 80 bucks shipped, and it was definitely worth it. Don't waste your money at Advance gettin' the cheapest. Remember to reset your computer also after the install, so the codes get deleted.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

well if your Fuel Filter is original....change it right now. That would mean its over 15 yrs old. But yeah my next suggestion would be like everyone else, O2 sensor could cause that code to come up b/c its related somewhat, since it tell the engine how much fuel and air to add etc, etc.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

First off, the bosch o2 sensor works just fine, (got the ex one for 57 bucks) you have to go to the bosch website and get the wiring diagram, and use the original harness, soder then electical tap and walaa.

mine wasnt working before i found the diagram, then i rewired it, sodered the connection, because i heard if the resistence is off by 1 ohm it will throw a code.

43 is a fuel system code, change your fuel fiter and run some cleaner threw the next time you fill you tank up. it should fix it, especially if your JUST throwing 43. and not 1 and 41

Comment

Yeah, ive been dealing with this code on and off for awhile now. At one point I had 1,16,41,43, now I just have code 43. It all seemed to stem from awhile ago when my o2 sensor came loose. I replaced it. I changed my coolant, the next day these codes pop up. Anyways, recently, I fixed a leak I had in my EGR system, reset the ecu, made sure the ecu was properly grounded and no shorts in the wires, and it seems to have improved it. The next time you throw this code (generally its when the car is warming up and it will switch into open loop and this is where it throws the 43 and goes into safe mode. Now when your car does this, turn off your car for a few seconds and then turn it back on. For me, if I do this the code goes away. I think it has something to do with the o2 sensor heater not working properly on initial start up. This is a finicky code to diagnose so...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Oh ya, apparently, from what Ive read from a few good sources. Code 43 got lost in translation...what it really means is that the system is seeing unburnt oxides in the exhaust. So for whatever reason, your car is running in a rich state.

Comment

Originally posted by preludejim View Post
                      i changed my o2senser last year
                      so that's not it.
                      Let me guess... you used a $60 Bosch replacement from the autoparts store, correct?

That IS it. Those replacements don't work correctly. Get a Honda o2 sensor.

I'll have to look into Slice One's statement a bit further. It'd be nice if that actually works... Most of these threads have one or two people saying "I use the bosch, and it's fine!" and they have no idea why. For the first time, someone actually presented a proper fix...

Comment

I heard NTK are good with our cars too. And when u say "Honda o2 sensor" do you mean the OEM one?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah no doubt dude, the reason i looked it up was the fact that I know that bosch wouldnt keep selling these o2 sensors knowing they are almost all defective, and i replaced mine and 2 weeks later is was throwing 1 41 and 43 and i knew it wasnt defective, so what i did was a WHOLE shit load of research, and the bosch website has a STOCK HARNESS to REPLACEMENT wiring diagram it lists 4 types of typical stock wiring color formats, and tells you which is which to go from stock to replace right. I might do a write up on it. but the diagram deff said if resistence is off by 1 ohm it will throw a code, and more/less resistence can be caused from spliced wires, hence the need for soder to close the opening in the wires. like i know the ground for the o2 heater is suppose to keep a 8 ohm resistence, so thats probably why it throws the 41 code, heater isnt grounded right so it wouldnt work properly... sounds about right, right?

Anyways it worked for me. Plus i used silver soder, it cost me about 15 bucks for 3 feet. LOL

Comment

bosch sucks. common knowledge. NGK/NTK same thing

Comment

If you didnt know, Bosch invented the o2 sensor, so how they suck, i dont know, like i said its all about what your willing to do, I know for a fact resistence play a factor in the operation of the o2 sensor and spliced wires def cause more/less.

think of it this way

60 bucks for a uni o2 4 wire sensor VS. 190bucks for a Denso

I got mine operating correctly so ill keep my 130 bucks for something else thank you very much.

If you have a UNI and its throwing codes, get the diagram from here

PDF LINK

http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdo...orInstall.pdf/

Its right on there, and it tells you why if you dont soder or use wire nuts it will malfuntion. they say they wont even garuntee the o2 sensor if ou dont follow these directions.

Comment

Working...
                              X