Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay chipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay chipping

do anyone know if those spoon or mugen ecu chips sold on ebay reliable?

no
    there a waste of money
    all it does is tell your ecu/pcm that you are at wide open throttle all the time

Comment

Definite waste man. My friend bought one for his civic and it was trash. Remember, you get what you pay for.
      Originally posted by nine_deuce
      What I'd do is this: spray brake fluid in her eyes, shoot her with a nail gun, while she's down, give her a "chili dog" or a "strawberry shortcake" a "rusty fish hook is always fun"
      91 ex auto-sold!
      92 lx wagon-sold!
      92 ex parts car-sold!

I NEED ANOTHER CB PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE LOCAL!!!!!!!!

Comment

you know where i can get a reliable chip? my p13 is bad (its telling me the vtec solenoid is no good, but the solenloids works). so imma chip a p28

Comment

yeah go ahead and rip it to that 9k rev limit too, it might make it there once.
          NOOOOOOO!
          If you don't know someone...
          http://www.moates.net/index.php?cPath=25_37 have the HONDA1 kit installed in your ECU by a TV/VCR/Electronics repair man to not get ripped off by tuners, and get tuned or buy a chip or converted ECU from these guys:
          http://phearable.net/

You'd be buying a $1 chip with some idiot's program on it from ebay.

edit: saw the above post after posting...don't chip a P13 btw.
          Phearable is the easiest thing, under $200 shipped, plug and play.
          Last edited by lucid; 02-18-2009, 11:58 PM.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
          After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
          Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
          PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Waste of $ as everyone has already said.
            The "Chipped ECU's" found on e-bay usually just add a bit extra fuel and have slight modifications to the timing map.
            I've even seen ones that have had nothing done to them, yet were being sold as chipped.

However, you failed to mention your application, The standard F22 ecu can't be chipped.
            If you really want a chipped ecu, you need to get a chipped P28 or P06 and find someone to tune it specifically to your car to get the best results. Which would mean that you have significant engine mods to require tuning

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

what about a piggy back? they are not the best for tuning but can be stable.

Comment

Why piggybacks (vafc, emanage) "suck" by pgmfi:
                Piggy Back controllers allow stock ECUs to do things that they normally can't do, like run larger injectors or deal with boost. Remember that piggyback controllers work by altering sensor signals before they get to the ECU.
                Most of the time, the primary signal being messed with is the Map Sensor. This is critically important in a Speed Density car. The Map Sensor is used by the ECU to guess how much air is going into the car, and therefore how much fuel to supply in order to match airflow. When you "lean" out a car with an AFC, you are simply decreasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the decrease in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel. When you "richen" a car with an AFC, you are simply increasing the Map Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the increase in manifold pressure by supplying more fuel.
                The change in fueling happens for a reason: if you look at a fuel table, Map Sensor values correspond with columns. When you increase or decrease the signal from the Map Sensor, you are simply making the ECU use a different column than it originally would have used. (see Understanding Maps if you need some help understanding reading Fuel and Ign tables)
                But wait, isn't the Map Sensor used for determining ignition requirements too? When you "lean" out a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood advanced timing. When you "richen" a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood retarded timing. Look at trends horizontally (as MAP changes) in an ignition table, and you will see why this happens. This helps explain why so many boosted cars running on the "AFC hack" have issues due to excessive ignition advance.
                The bottom line: Piggy Back Controllers suck because you cannot independently adjust fuel and ignition. Any changes to fueling will produce a change in ignition too, and often this is undesirable.

Comment

piggybacks have their place. they are older technology that still gets used... you can make power with a afc but on something like a stock f22 the changes will be minimal BUT even with a chipped ecu they arent that much better... on a motor worth getting tuned to make ideal power the afc will come in a far second behind a chipped ecu. but like i said they have their place. the afc hack. dsm guys and the such utilize the fuel controllers... i use mine to add fuel for my first stage of nitrous and control my gas mileage (even though im chipped) i lean it out a little to help. plus they can help with on the fly changes. like when i upped my shot and didnt have the computer with me. the afc save my ass so i could bump up my shot. and it controlled the first 75 shot dry i had. they do their job

Superior Tuning Solutions
                  Dedspool MFG
                  1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
                  LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

For the price of a piggyback system, you can run a chipped ECU. You just need to take the time to learn how to chip and tune such a thing. Then again, you need to learn how to tune a piggyback system as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      For the price of a piggyback system, you can run a chipped ECU. You just need to take the time to learn how to chip and tune such a thing. Then again, you need to learn how to tune a piggyback system as well.
                      That's what I was thinking too. It's not like the pb system is any cheaper.
                      You don't even really need to tune to see good gains if you have a motor with stock internals since there are plenty of good (base)maps out there for those motors.
                      The chipped ECU can actually be cheaper if you are or have friends that are tune-savvy.

You'd need to get a good tuneable ECU like a P72 or P28, but other than that, you can get a complete chipping kit for $16.

You can barely get a good piggyback ride for that.

Comment

For an F22A, you can get away with a P06. I could get them for $15 a pop.

Chipping takes soldering skill. Tuning takes some fairly expensive tools (a wideband o2 sensor is a must, as well as some tuning software, a computer to run the software, and a chip burner... other things can come in handy... vac gauge, egt sensor, etc...)

Tuning itself is a very involved process. Even the members here that are quite skilled are still learning. With an NA F22A, "good enough" will get you by. And yes, a generic tune won't hurt anything (won't be optimal, but it'll do for starters). Once you get into heavier NA mods or forced induction, THEN you had better know what you're doing! (and a basemap won't be good then)

Comment

i just would not trust anything controlling the inner workings of your car purchased on ebay. Its just like anything else... do it right the first time... It saves problems later.

Comment

Purchasing quality parts on ebay is not a bad thing. Purchasing garbage on ebay is bad, however.

Comment

Has anybody heard of speed innovation??? There like phearable.net . speedinnovation.com ...check them out .

I would never buy anything like that onn ebay! thats somethine you need pro's to do!

Comment

Working...
                              X