Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cant get rear engine mount out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get rear engine mount out

me again... 93 lx , auto, non sport shift with the silenoid on the mount... i changed the torque strap and went to change the rear mount... for the life of me no matter what i tried i cant get that little prick out... even rocked the motor as forward as i could... do i have to undo the upper mounts? i seems that i need to unbolt the and raise up the whole engine assembly... any help lads?
    THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

I Haven't Dobe A Rear On A Cb Yet, But Every Time I Unbolt The Others And Raise The Engine As Far As I Can To Get It Out. Good Luck.

Comment

loosen the rear bracket on the tranny/ engine then youll have enough play to squeeze it out. i just did it last week this way.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

dog diggity damn... fought that thing all weekend... and it won... we even used a cherry picker... no avail... looks like i may have to dump the crossmember...

Comment

we pulled the intake off the head. went smooth, but definatly more work. I really needed to clean the intake and egr runners anyway.

here's the mount in without the intake yet.
          Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

leave the tranz side mount in take ont the front rad mount and the driver side and lift the engine up alot! lol thats how i did it...and ya that bracket its on gotta take it apart kinda...just mount side. thats how i did it and it worked frine just kinda a bitch to get that motor mount in.
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride
            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

ugh day 5... i tried taking all my mounts off and raising the whole drivetrain and this one damn little 1/2 in section of the tranny keeps wedging crossmember... i'm gunna pull my airbox and try unbolting the pass. mount from the fender and raise it up by that mount bracket...

Comment

i think your putting way too much effort into this. I actually did it yesterday and got it out no problem. Unbolt the actual mount from the rear cross member and move it back towards the firewall then rock the motor forward and remove the bracket. make sure you have all the bolts out of the bracket i know it sounds stupid but ive done it myself.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

lmao hahahahahahahahahahahaha well people... i looked at that brace closely... its missing the bottom bolt on the engin side and the one right above it is loose.... thank god i have a parts car... wtf... the dude i picked the car up from PAYED to have the engine put in... i think i would beat someone to death over this... ... i know thats a part of the problem now... buuuuuuut other then that it looks like the brace only has 5 bolts that hold it on.... soooooooooo..... i'm guna give it one more shot, then its off to the garage to have it put on... its embarassing to say that though... never in my life have i had to put my car in the shop.... ugh... on an off the trail thing though... what do ya'll think about polyurethane inserts for the mounts???

Comment

Have you tried what turbo90accord suggested? Good luck! It's a shame the auto/EX 5 spd mounts are so tall, the DX/LX 5 spd rear mount and bracket is so much easier + smaller and way more simple.

Comment

lol... i figured out a good fix for the flopping rear mount to get me through till this weekend when i can work more on it... nothing like a good ol ratchet strap lmao... i dont plan on abusing my cb till i replace a shart load more parts but... it works for now... the weekends only a few days awayand my miles are almost alllllll highway! so as for now... that'll do pig, that'll do... i'm also tryin to get a digi so i can put my car on here... so many big plans

Comment

well peoples... i'm bout to head out of work (my only computer access)... hopefully i'll have that mount changed this weekend!!! i enlisted 2 other gearhead buddies for assistance.... i'm under the car, ones up top, and the other is our tool and beer bitch lol... sooooo... i bid you all farewell for the weekend and hope you all have a good one yourselves..... WISH ME LUCK!

Comment

oh btw... whats the purpose of the silenoid on the rear mount? is it like a vacuum controled dampener?

Comment

it changes the stiffness of the mount. when in gear and stopped, it stiffens the mount to work against the increased vibration. but when in gear and moving it softens the mount.
                            Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

so just maybe i can get away with switching the silenoids? idk? all the bushing material is intact on the old mount and nothings torn or cracked... i tried to compress it with a ratchet strap and it didnt budge... still cant get the damn thing out... are one of the mount bracket bolts between the motor and tranny? oh and one other thing... i thought the auto's were 4-spd??? mine's like a 4 with od? i know its a re-tarded question...

Comment

Working...
                              X