Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best intake manifold/throttlebody upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best intake manifold/throttlebody upgrade

I've heard that the F22B, H22A, H23A and other intake manifolds can be bolted right up to the F22A block so I'm just wondering which one is the best to bolt onto an F22A block or if any of them really are direct bolt on? Thanks!

Learn to read the stickies and to use the search function. You'll find that 99.9% of your questions regarding your car have been answered already. Check out this thread, it will get you started on performance mods.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Comment

H23A is the only one listed there that will work. That is the best option we have.

Comment

Okay, I had already looked there and only saw the h23 intake manifold, but I know I once asked skunk2 if they had any intake manifolds that would fit my car and they said the h22 manifold was the manifold that bolts on directly so I wasn't sure which way to go.

Comment

Skunk2 knows nothing about 4th gen Accords.

And if they told you that the h22 manifold would bolt in... then I actually just lost a bit of respect for them. A respected company shouldn't be giving out bad advice, especially if it is in regards to their expensive products.

Comment

Well I'm glad I didn't buy one then. But is there any difference between the H23 vtec and H23 non-vtec manifolds? I would assume the vtec one would be larger and better but I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
              Well I'm glad I didn't buy one then. But is there any difference between the H23 vtec and H23 non-vtec manifolds? I would assume the vtec one would be larger and better but I'm not entirely sure.
              the h23 never came with vtec, at least in america. what engine do you have right now? if it is the f22a6, you can just put an h23 or h22 plenum and throttle body on your stock runners. if you have an a4 or a1, then you'll need to get the whole manifold.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The H23 VTEC is much more like an H22. I don't know for sure, but I would assume the port spacing and bolt patters for that motor are like the H22. The H23A1, USDM only, is the one you are looking for parts from.

The H23A1 intake plenum and throttle body are identical to the H22A. The lower part that bolts to the head is what is different. This upper part (the plenum and throttle body) will also bolt to the F22A6 lower half. Some say it is better... I have not been able to compare directly myself.

Comment

I have the 10th anniversary accord, no idea which exact number it is.

Comment

You have an F22A1. You'll need to replace the whole manifold with either the H23 manifold, or the F22A6 manifold (which is an upgrade in itself) with the H22 or H23 plenum and throttle body.

Comment

Which one is the best one, the H23 plenum with the F22A6 black box?

Comment

The black box doesn't matter where it comes from.

People have said that the H23 plenum with the F22A6 runners is the best combination. No dyno proof has been provided, so it's all in theory. The difference is probably minimal... and since you'd have to buy both manifolds to make the hybrid manifold, I'd say just stick with the H23 manifold.

Comment

Okay, so the H23 manifold has a black box too? Is there like a picture somewhere? And I'd need a new EGR, IACV, etc wouldn't I? Or can I delete some or all of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            Okay, so the H23 manifold has a black box too? Is there like a picture somewhere? And I'd need a new EGR, IACV, etc wouldn't I? Or can I delete some or all of that?
                            The black box you do not need. To run the iabs(butterflies, just run a vac. hose from the diaphram to an intake vac. port.) The egr depends on your states emission laws. You will need the iacv and the other valve that is on the tb.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                            "The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

It's best to run the IAB system from the ECU as it was designed (you'll need the PT6 ECU that runs the F22A6 as well), but vacuum is an option. I don't like it that way myself.

As for all those other parts listed... find a complete H23 manifold, and anything you need should be attached.

Comment

Working...
                              X