Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone run a greddy evo2 without the resonator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run a greddy evo2 without the resonator?

I recently bought a greddy evo2 axleback from someone, but I now realize that the catback had a resonator. I was just gonna get custom piping made. Has anyone ever tried it without the resonator? I don't want the exhaust to be raspy. I want deeper tones. Do you think I should get a resonator welded in? Like a magnaflow one?

Well, I have a Greddy Evo 2 set up with 2.5in piping, resonator, cat and header. Im not really into that loud sounding exhaust stuff. The setup im running is HOT!!Very nice low rumble when throttled!! I know you wanted to hear from people running without one but IMO, I would definately run with a resonator if your car is a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
      Well, I have a Greddy Evo 2 set up with 2.5in piping, resonator, cat and header. Im not really into that loud sounding exhaust stuff. The setup im running is HOT!!Very nice low rumble when throttled!! I know you wanted to hear from people running without one but IMO, I would definately run with a resonator if your car is a daily driver.
      would you happen to have a sound clip? and what resonator are you running. thanks.

Comment

It may not even be that loud or raspy. I've got a 2" Magnaflow muffler with no resonator. Sounds stock under normal RPMs, and kinda throaty (not raspy or too loud) when I stand on it.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          It may not even be that loud or raspy. I've got a 2" Magnaflow muffler with no resonator. Sounds stock under normal RPMs, and kinda throaty (not raspy or too loud) when I stand on it.
          but youre running a cat?

Comment

A glasspack should give you the rumble you want. I'd go off more on how the cops are in your area. If they are strict then yeah put it on there. If not then don't worry about, just a few more bucks saved. Then if it's to loud, turn up the radio.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 14bcb7 View Post
              would you happen to have a sound clip? and what resonator are you running. thanks.
              I never recorded the sound it makes. I think I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                A glasspack should give you the rumble you want. I'd go off more on how the cops are in your area. If they are strict then yeah put it on there. If not then don't worry about, just a few more bucks saved. Then if it's to loud, turn up the radio.
                Haha. good advice...except my radio got stolen last year. lol

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                I never recorded the sound it makes. I think I will do that.
                Awesome if you could.

Comment

Originally posted by 14bcb7 View Post
                  Haha. good advice...except my radio got stolen last year. lol
                  Then take the money your gonna save on a glasspack/res. and get another radio. Good luck finding a good radio for the price of a res. though.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                  "The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                    Then take the money your gonna save on a glasspack/res. and get another radio. Good luck finding a good radio for the price of a res. though.
                    lol. yeah too much money already going into the whole project...5 speed swap then turbo/engine swap. Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Working...
                    X