Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ecu tuning advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu tuning advice

i have a 93 4door with a jdm lsd h22a swap going in i have also purchased a turbonetics kit and intercooler, i have a p13 ecu and have been trying to figure out what to do for tuning. i like the hondata products but i do not see anything for the p13, am i missing something or do i need a different ecu? if so any recomendations on compatability, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Originally posted by platinumb View Post
    i have a 93 4door with a jdm lsd h22a swap going in i have also purchased a turbonetics kit and intercooler, i have a p13 ecu and have been trying to figure out what to do for tuning. i like the hondata products but i do not see anything for the p13, am i missing something or do i need a different ecu? if so any recomendations on compatability, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    You need to use a P28, or a modified P06.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      You need to use a P28, or a modified P06.
      ^^^ both are from a 92-95 civic. The p28 already has vtec and if you get a P06 you will need to add vtec to it with a kit from xenocron or something. You CANNOT run either of these ecu's without a chip/basemap or some form of tuning so after or your car will run terrible.

Comment

will the hondata product take care of that or am i still going to need to find someplace to tune the car? if i can buy something plug and play that would be great. i do not know of any reputable shops in denver and really want to avoid someone blowing up my car after all this expense. thanks for the help.

Comment

will the hondata product take care of that or am i still going to need to find someplace to tune the car? if i can buy something plug and play that would be great. i do not know of any reputable shops in denver and really want to avoid someone blowing up my car after all this expense. thanks for the help.
          If you get the P28 or P06 you need to have the Hondata components added to the ecu.
          When you first receive Hondata there are some basemaps there for the H22, but as they are only basemaps, you need to take it to a shop to have it tuned properly.
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            If you get the P28 or P06 you need to have the Hondata components added to the ecu.
            When you first receive Hondata there are some basemaps there for the H22, but as they are only basemaps, you need to take it to a shop to have it tuned properly.
            thanks. i am going with the hondata stuff on a friends advise, ive had plenty of these cars but thsi is my first turbo honda. is that the right product or is there anything better?

Comment

thanks. i am going with the hondata stuff on a friends advise, ive had plenty of these cars but thsi is my first turbo honda. is that the right product or is there anything better?
              Best person to ask that question would be the person who is going to end up tuning your car. Find out what software they use and go with that setup. Usually makes things much easier for them and it's also easier on your wallet in the long run.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Nothing will be plug and play as far as tuning goes. You will need the ECU tuned for YOUR car. Any generic map should only be used to get it running. I've seen far too many people blow up using maps that weren't made for their particular engine and setup. The H22 especially is something you need to be careful with. The compression is high, which makes the detonation threshold fairly low. You have a relatively small margin of error.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Nothing will be plug and play as far as tuning goes. You will need the ECU tuned for YOUR car. Any generic map should only be used to get it running. I've seen far too many people blow up using maps that weren't made for their particular engine and setup. The H22 especially is something you need to be careful with. The compression is high, which makes the detonation threshold fairly low. You have a relatively small margin of error.
                  thanks, i am going to try to find a shop here in denver that can tune it for me, i definitly want to make sure its reliable this will be my commuting car, and ive spent to much to let it blow up. thanks for the advise guys.

Comment

Boosting your daily driver is risky. Be sure you can function without it in the worst case situation! I drive for a living (my 09 Fit has 124,000 miles on it already), so there's no way in hell I could modify the car I drive daily! Fortunately, I have the luxury of having more than one car... so the H22 will most likely see boost soon.

Comment

yeah thanks for the advise, living without it is no problem i have severall other cars this is just going to be the most efficient and is the oldest so dont care how many miles i put on it. do you think it will be fairly safe around 8-10 lbs of boost?

Comment

Potentially.

With boost, it's difficult to say with any certainty. Take as much care to do things right the first time to avoid doing any damage, and you'll increase your chances of having a reliable car. It's like asking a healthy 85 year old to run a marathon. He may be fine... he may keel over in the first 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                        X