Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ESP.net Traction Bar System VS Knock Off China/Over Sea PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP.net Traction Bar System VS Knock Off China/Over Sea PLEASE READ

www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
    Explicit Speed Performance
    Email: ExplicitSpeed360@aol.com
    AIM: ExplicitSpeed360
    Phone: 1-360-866-8530 Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm
    Ask for John

I thought it was about time for me to do a quick write up. For those who don't know a Company in China is producing a knock off of our Traction Bar Systems. It has been seen mainly on Ebay. Pictured Below. They have been out for about a year now.

I have had numerous customers coming to us about broken parts from from the welds breaking, causing serious damage, heim joints failing miserably to bolts/hardware breaking. Leaving them with a damaged car from the wheel letting go and on the side of the road helpless. We had no record of them at all said were purchased on Ebay without our logo on them.

Here is why these knock offs are really pieces of junk: I had personally purchased one to experience this mess of a bar.

- The quality of steel material that is from China is not up to our USA standards
    - The thickness of each steel piece is a lot thinner then ours
    - The quality of the welding material is definitely not up to USA standards which is very strict.
    - The quality of the welds is something I would expect from a first timer. There are plenty of tricks in order to make the welds penetrate the best that we do. Without that, it will fail.
    - The quality of Heim joints is something that will fail very quickly.
    - The quality and grade of hardware is no where near our 10.9 or grade 12
    - They come painted which will chip very easily ours is powder coated
    - They don’t offer a Front Torque Mount Kit

Other tips the bar is not ours. We don’t sell our products on ebay. If we do it will say Explicit Speed Performance.

The Traction Bar System is a main part of your suspension which keeps your wheels centered, Purchasing a cheap knock off not only will cause damage to your car, It may result in the death of you or others out on the road/track.

You will by far be spending more on replacement parts for this knock off bar. Not to mention when it does fail not if, when, it may cost you severe damage to your car and you.

My question to you is your life worth a couple of dollars?

- John ESP

The Real Deal:

Our High Quality Penetrating ESP welds:

Bright Red

Near Chrome comes out a polished billet look, very nice

SI blue

Good information to know. I wasent planning on buying a cheap knock off product anyways

Maybe some day ill be able to afford this lol.

I have been wondering though: If i dont buy the front torque mount can i buy it later and add it on?

Comment

yes you can Thats what i love. Though i did have a question about that front torque mount to. My front torque mount that I have is poly filled already so would i be able to use that with you traction bar setup? Or do i have to use yours? I plan on upgrading to yours either way due to being MUCH smaller to help squeeze a turbo in there but for now, will it fit?

Comment

Good to know this stuff.

I was looking around for engine dampers, and in the end, everyone has redirected me to you guys at ESP.net.

Until i can save the money to get a front torque mount, ill be taking it easy on my car, hehe.

MRT

Comment

What is the wall thickness difference of the tubing, grade differences of the hardware and what types of testing did you perform on the welds?

It's great to hear one company talk down about another companies product and all. Can you provide some tangible numbers rather than saying it's junk or of poor quality? You say the quality of steel from China is not up to par, what grade steel was used and what grade do you use?

I am by no means knocking the quality of your product. I would just like to see the facts.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            What is the wall thickness difference of the tubing, grade differences of the hardware and what types of testing did you perform on the welds?

It's great to hear one company talk down about another companies product and all. Can you provide some tangible numbers rather than saying it's junk or of poor quality? You say the quality of steel from China is not up to par, what grade steel was used and what grade do you use?

I am by no means knocking the quality of your product. I would just like to see the facts.

Same here, I've actually had the ebay traction bar setup in hand. The bar for what it is, Is not that bad of shape. I've inspected the welds and the end angles. The angles that are welded to the square bar is 1/4" thick, and the bar itelf seems to be 3/16 wall thickness but I am unsure of that part.

Did you by chance cut the ebay bar square tubing and happen to measure what it is?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post

- The quality of steel material that is from China is not up to our USA standards
              - The thickness of each steel piece is a lot thinner then ours
              - The quality of the welding material is definitely not up to USA standards which is very strict.
              - The quality of the welds is something I would expect from a first timer. There are plenty of tricks in order to make the welds penetrate the best that we do. Without that, it will fail.
              - The quality of Heim joints is something that will fail very quickly.
              - The quality and grade of hardware is no where near our 10.9 or grade 12
              - They come painted which will chip very easily ours is powder coated
              - They don’t offer a Front Torque Mount Kit

Yes we did a few fatigue tests in house, the welds gave in much much earlier. The steel was much weaker then what we use as well as I stated. This is no different then purchasing a cheap header off ebay with paper thin metal and bad welds and it breaks... they call that schedule of pipe lets say 16 gauge when in fact its more like 20 gauge...

They do not have any strict guidelines or rules therefor it gets shipped over here in the bulk, people buy it, it fails. This is not a turbo or a header...

This is a main suspension part, it fails, your going off the road...

This is a simple product advisement and a simple beware.

I have had around 25 people call me about this and the stories above that I mentioned, welds fail, heim fails and they are left stranded on the side of the road. The calls I have gotten just wasnt in one area where the weld failed it was in about 6 different spots.

I am not going to go into any more detail on there quality control.
              Last edited by ESP-net; 05-12-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn View Post
                yes you can Thats what i love. Though i did have a question about that front torque mount to. My front torque mount that I have is poly filled already so would i be able to use that with you traction bar setup? Or do i have to use yours? I plan on upgrading to yours either way due to being MUCH smaller to help squeeze a turbo in there but for now, will it fit?

any reply for me? lol. Will the oem front torque mount to your system or only your torque mount?

Comment

It really saddens me that there are companies out there that will sell such dangerous parts. Use cheap crap in your engine, in your transmission, in your stereo system... at worst, your car just won't run anymore. But when you mess with the suspension, you're really putting your life at risk!

John, I know you guys put a hell of a lot of care into your products, and you're VERY reasonable when it comes to pricing. I know the Chinese crap is cheaper... but really... for what people are getting, your price is MORE than fair!

People just don't think. They want parts as cheap as possible, and don't take the risk into consideration.

Comment

We know that Bisi uses steel from outside of the US. According to your claims one would hope that it's not from China. Where do you get your steel and what grade is it?

What grade hardware does the ebay unit use? You only list that you use a grade of 10.9 which is equivalent to an SAE J429, grade 8 ASTM A 354, grade BD 120,000 - 150,000psi. Not quite sure where you get your grade 12 rating from. There is no grade 12 in the SAE, ASTM, or ASME specifications.
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i dont really feel that steel is the faulty point especially when so much steel that is here in the united states comes from china. As long as it conforms to ISO-9000, SAE, ASTM, or ASME.

I cant say that i would go about bashing another company without real world materials testing such as hardness and weld penetration testing. But i do agree that it is an inferior product compared to the ESP unit.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                      X