Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exhaust hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust hanger

does anybody know were i can find a hanger like the one in the pic below that raps around the muffler

-----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

ebaymaybe?

autozone has a similar kit that wraps around but it uses those metal straps instead of hangers
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
      ebaymaybe?

autozone has a similar kit that wraps around but it uses those metal straps instead of hangers
      really i cant find this anywhere else except in this pic and if i want to get the clamp i have to buy the muffler too and i dont need that

you said auto zone has something do you know what it looks like

im in a bind i have no way of mounting this thing unless i spend some money to get it welded and i dont have money for that

Comment

Quick search on eBay came up with a handful.
        KTeller would be my next stop since that is where I got my exhaust and it came with similar looking hangers.
        Most exhaust shops will have them as well, might check locally.

EDIT:
        Hangers that came with the exhaust kit:
        Last edited by Jon; 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
          really i cant find this anywhere else except in this pic and if i want to get the clamp i have to buy the muffler too and i dont need that

you said auto zone has something do you know what it looks like

im in a bind i have no way of mounting this thing unless i spend some money to get it welded and i dont have money for that
          can't find it on their site. just go there and look
          2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
          August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I dont imagine it costing that much for them to weld on a hanger.. Go ask around at a local exhaust shop and see who gives the best deals.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
            New people click here

Comment

weldings not an option it would damage the outside of the muffler

Comment

well the hangers are not 'made' that way as a standard item. its called a bandstay or something, i cant remember at the moment. A few mufflers come like that, i may be able to special order one from one of the companies like HKS/Buddy Club, etc its the only ones ive seen that come standard like that.
                KTeller, Inc.
                sale@kteller.com
                cb7tuner-7 (7% off coupon code)

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
                  weldings not an option it would damage the outside of the muffler
                  Most vehicle specific muffler have the hangers welded to the can already. That strap hanger is also going to damage the can. Think scratches and possible crimping if you overtighten it. Unless you plan on selling the muffler as a universal later, have it welded. Any half competent muffler shop can weld hangers to the stailess can without doing any damage except at the weld points, and they're on top and can't be seen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    Most vehicle specific muffler have the hangers welded to the can already. That strap hanger is also going to damage the can. Think scratches and possible crimping if you overtighten it. Unless you plan on selling the muffler as a universal later, have it welded. Any half competent muffler shop can weld hangers to the stailess can without doing any damage except at the weld points, and they're on top and can't be seen anyway.
                    unless it's a carbon fiber muffler
                    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                      unless it's a carbon fiber muffler
                      touche!

Comment

Working...
                      X