Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic to Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic to Manual

Good morning guys, I'm from Brazil.
    I own an Automatic Accord 2.2 Ex.
    I was thinking of putting a manual it.
    Here in Brazil it is easy to find the Civic engine 1.8 and cambiooo manual.
    I wonder if it is possible to make this exchange. Place motor and cambio manual in accord?
    Thanks.

yes you can do a change to manual, but let me be the first to tell you all the information is in the swaps section of the forum.

im guessing english is not your forte huh, do you speak spanish? or just portugese
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I speak Portuguese.
      I was trying to post in the section swaps, but I'm new and I can not post there.
      Well for me to find parts for my car to pass manuaal I know I could not find.
      Then I would put the engine of the Civic 1.8 and cambioo, it would be possible?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by diegog174 View Post
        I speak Portuguese.
        I was trying to post in the section swaps, but I'm new and I can not post there.
        Well for me to find parts for my car to pass manuaal I know I could not find.
        Then I would put the engine of the Civic 1.8 and cambioo, it would be possible?
        Thanks!
        it would not be practical to use the civic parts as it would require custom fabrication of everything. if you cannot find the accord parts, the 92 to 96 prelude has a lot of parts you can use and you could mail order the rest of the smaller things.

Comment

The problem is that I can not find the manual nor the prelude and accord.
          I do not know what else to do.
          I bought the car thinking that you could move to manual, and now I can not pass.
          Here in Brazil the parts for the Accord are very very hard to find.
          The engine of civic and civic manual for 2500 dolars are going out full.
          The engine of my car is the f22.

Comment

The problem is that I can not find the manual nor the prelude and accord.
            I do not know what else to do.
            I bought the car thinking that you could move to manual, and now I can not pass.
            Here in Brazil the parts for the Accord are very very hard to find.
            The engine of civic and civic manual for 2500 dolars are going out full.
            The engine of my car is the f22.

Unfortunately the civic parts like i said are not feasible. What I may suggest is reading up on the swap in the swap section and get familiar with everything. Continue to post and get your 30 posts to be able to use the classified section and perhaps find someone willing to ship the parts to Brasil. If there is nothing wrong with the engine all that would be needed are some relatively small parts and the transmission (which I think would be the only problematic part to ship). If you can do the labor youself, it should take a day or two depending on your ability. If you have any questions about the swap itself, PM me and I'll try to help. Start here:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=588

should get you started.

Comment

Using the Civic parts to convert to manual would require a lot of work. You would have to create your own parts, and cut up your car. It would be easier and cheaper to just buy the manual Accord parts from somewhere else, like the US, and have them shipped to you.

Comment

I have a friend who lives there in the U.S. He lives in Florida.
                Do you find it easy to find a cambioo manuall there?
                Here in Brazil we have too old civic with 1.6 engine and 160 hp.
                Would not it be easier to adapt this?
                Thanks

Comment

I have a friend who lives there in the U.S. He lives in Florida.
                  Do you find it easy to find a cambioo manuall there?
                  Here in Brazil we have too old civic with 1.6 engine and 160 hp.
                  Would not it be easier to adapt this?
                  Thanks
                  não, que ia custar muito caro para obter 1,6 feito, seria menos caro para ter alguém lhe enviar transmissão manual de EUA
                  it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                  Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Vou falar a verdade para voces.
                    Eu posso gastar até 10 mil reais nesta troca de cambio.
                    Eu acho que eu consigo trazer ele por menos, não ?
                    Ha pessoal, o farol com angel eyes ainda existe ai nos Estados Unidos??
                    Obrigado !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I will speak the truth to you.
                    I can spend up to five thousand dollars.
                    I think I can bring it for less, right?
                    There are personal, the headlight with angel eyes there still exists in the United States?
                    Thanks!

Comment

Se este for o caso, não vejo por que você não poderia, por esse preço, eles não fazê-los com olhos de anjo, mas tem refletores HID, vá para specdtunning.com

-------------------------------------------------------

if that's the case i don't see why you couldn't for that price, they don't make them with angel eyes but do have HID reflectors, go to specdtunning.com

Comment

Civic parts are the same issue regardless of year. While they may be easier to access, you should put it out of your mind and focus on either prelude or accord parts. Depending on if you do the labor yourself or get a good price for installation, you should be well under your spending limit........ I've seen all the parts acquired for around 500 dollars before with some good deals....... look around you may be able to find some great deals.

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                          Civic parts are the same issue regardless of year. While they may be easier to access, you should put it out of your mind and focus on either prelude or accord parts. Depending on if you do the labor yourself or get a good price for installation, you should be well under your spending limit........ I've seen all the parts acquired for around 500 dollars before with some good deals....... look around you may be able to find some great deals.
                          He lives in Brazil and said that H/F parts are not easy to come by, and is asking about bringing a tranny in from the US for $5G's

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
                            He lives in Brazil and said that H/F parts are not easy to come by, and is asking about bringing a tranny in from the US for $5G's
                            I got all that....... and the above post was my response to that...... if he shops around (here in the US) the parts can be had for a decent price. heck........ for 5 Gs he could probably come close to if not get an entire H swap shipped to Brasil.

Comment

More than once I've seen H22 with an LSD go for about $3000. I know it's heavy, but I'd find it hard to believe that shipping would be more then 2K.
                              MRT
                              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                              Originally posted by Tippey764
                              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X