Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hidden battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden battery?

i have been thinking about this for a few weeks now .
    about hiding my battery under the front bumber cover.

if any has done this mabee post some pic.s
    if not.

what things sould i look out for?

R.I.P 93 cb7

Why does everyone always say "bumber"?

A full size battery isn't going to fit there very well. Get one of those small Odyssey batteries and you can hide it pretty much anywhere you want. The best way would to be fabricate a bracket for it... though I've seen people just zip-tie them in place.

Comment

yaaaaa zip ties just just will not work for me!

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

Then you'll want to look into doing something like this:

That's in a Lotus, interior mount... but you can do something similar in the engine bay, trunk, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Then you'll want to look into doing something like this:

That's in a Lotus, interior mount... but you can do something similar in the engine bay, trunk, whatever.
          is that in the trunk?

i want mine were you will not be able to see it.
          i think it sticks out in a trunk ,
          just dont look right

i feal if you are going to relocate your battery why not wide it wile your doing it.
          "my 2 cents"

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

mabee you can give me some info on that battery?
            were i can get it ?
            auto zone?
            advanced?
            etc.etc.etc.

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

That's just as an illustration. Simply showing you a battery relocation using an Odyssey battery and a custom bracket. If I was showing you EXACTLY what you should do, I'd have chosen a picture of a CB, not a Lotus.
              If it helps... the trunk is in the front of that Lotus...

You're on your own from here on out, buddy. I'm happy to help, but I don't spoon feed. I've already done more thinking and searching for your project than you have yourself. It's your turn.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you "hide" it too well, how you gonna get to it to jump start your car if needed? You could probably get one of those odessey batteries or a Braille battery and install it in the spare tire well. At least that way all you gotta do is lift up the carpet and floor board to access it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 1993_accord View Post
                  is that in the trunk?

i want mine were you will not be able to see it.
                  i think it sticks out in a trunk ,
                  just dont look right

i feal if you are going to relocate your battery why not wide it wile your doing it.
                  "my 2 cents"
                  If you get a small battery like that, you could hide it in your trunk surround.
                  If you don't know what I'm talking about, go into your trunk, left hand side(Jack is on the other).
                  Grab the top of the stiff fabric and pull it back. You'll see just plain metal. Put it there.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                    Keep in mind that if you "hide" it too well, how you gonna get to it to jump start your car if needed? You could probably get one of those odessey batteries or a Braille battery and install it in the spare tire well. At least that way all you gotta do is lift up the carpet and floor board to access it.
                    Make a custom plate with a hinge if your going to mount it behind the bumper so you can take the arms off and the plate will drop down with the battery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                      If you get a small battery like that, you could hide it in your trunk surround.
                      If you don't know what I'm talking about, go into your trunk, left hand side(Jack is on the other).
                      Grab the top of the stiff fabric and pull it back. You'll see just plain metal. Put it there.
                      Genius..I ALWAYS thought about relocating my battery to the rear of the car. It is entirely too annoying to have somebody try to get their car in a completely opposite direction just to jump start it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ale_Malo View Post
                        Genius..I ALWAYS thought about relocating my battery to the rear of the car. It is entirely too annoying to have somebody try to get their car in a completely opposite direction just to jump start it.
                        Thanks. I'm glad people like us are smart enough to leave jumping posts, right?
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Ale_Malo View Post
                          Lol, you make it sound like a horrible task to just turn a car around...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Lol, you make it sound like a horrible task to just turn a car around...
                            lol might have to look into the odyssey batteries..

Ride List
                            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Summit Racing carries them and Password Jdm makes a relocation kit for the EF that should work for a CB it goes inside the frame rail. You have to remove the battery tray.
                              http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-B...P1902C457.aspx
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by faqncb7; 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM.
                              MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Working...
                              X