Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another Idle Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could the coolant temp sensor also make the idle jump up and down??

Comment

Originally posted by cb7runher View Post
      Srry guys problem still occurs. Could it be a brake booster gasket.
      Do you have power brakes?

Putting block off plates on will no solve your problem.

The IACV is responsible for adjusting your idle when something puts a heavy load on the electrical system. It requires the normal idle to be set correctly though.
      Measure the resistance across the IACV. It should be between 8 - 15 ohms.

Here's my problem idle thread, with just about every diagnostic thing you can do. It ended up being that I tightened the throttle cable too much.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177619
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I'm lost lol the idle usually happens when I come to a stop and it rarely happens now but does. Also lights dim when I pump brake and give gas also when I roll down the windows.

Comment

Sounds like its an electrical problem to me. Such as a bad Ground or alt.

Comment

Ya the problem is weird I think I'm am going to change the booster gasket cause I replaced the booster awile back and the gasket had like a bubble in it and kinda peeling up. And I notice like sometimes once I release the brake it stops. Also when car is idleing the rpm will go up when I pump the brakes.
            Last edited by cb7runher; 06-07-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Ok guys now I went to start my car it started fine then just idled down and died any clue on that and also car kinda bogs and jerks while moving at low speed if I tap the pedal real quick. Any clue on this guys. Again no check engine lights

Comment

Im still having a problem with my idle. I unplugged the vaccume line going into the fuel pressure regulator and the car started running perfect.. Does that mean i need a new one? Is that even a common problem

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                Originally posted by keepinitclean
                I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Both of you guys need to look for vacuum leaks, follow hondafan81s instructions for setting base idle, its a pretty sure fire way to show a leak. I'm on my phone so searching and posting the link is a nightmare, just search setting base idle.
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                  X