Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Port & Polish intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port & Polish intake manifold

What's up everyone I'm new to the Cb7 forum so I have a few things I'm not sure about. Port and polishing the intake manifold is it worth it?

I know people usual double stack the runners and all but I would like to hear what you guys say about it.

If you have an F22A1/4 then spend the money on an H23 Intake manifold swap first, then go from there. If you have the F22A6 then look for an H23 plenum and throttle body. That should start you off in the right direction.

Comment

Ya a H plenum is a dope ass mod especially if u double stack the iab plates.

Love mine.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

My intake manifold has been ported, polished, and flowbalanced by CHR Racing. Pictures are in my MRT.

Is it worth it? Probably not, unless the intake side of the head is being altered to match. The only reason I did it was because I have plans to port and polish my head, so when the time comes, it will be ready; and the fact that it was already off the car since I had to piece everything together for my a1 to a6 conversion.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

What gasket do u use on yours? Did u have to trim the gasket to fit since urs is all pimped out

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            What gasket do u use on yours? Did u have to trim the gasket to fit since urs is all pimped out
            I just used the Bisimoto Phenolic Heat Shielding Intake Gasket, with a little bit of permatex grey around the coolant port. Then I used OEM Honda gaskets for everything else. The ports were gasket matched, then imperfections removed from each runner, flow balanced. I also have a "double stack", h23 plenum & tb (60mm) and my IAB's are wired up to my pt6. When I did the conversion it was like a whole new car! I was shocked at how much a difference in feel it made, and the sound. I still have the stock a1 airbox and factory a1 exhaust, and my intake can turn heads from 2-3 blocks away. My a1 never did that.
            Last edited by cloudasc; 03-13-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

What's gasket matched? Did he lay a oem gasket under the plenum, trace it, and ported it accord to spec?

Comment

Thanks for the info, and I have a f22a6 and I plan on port and polishing the head as well

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                  What's gasket matched? Did he lay a oem gasket under the plenum, trace it, and ported it accord to spec?
                  He used a blue dye to, and oem gaskets to see what needed to be adjusted. The main porting that was done was between the runners and the head, thats where the most material came off. Overlay an oem gasket to the ports on the intake, and you'll see what I mean.

Maybe some pictures will help:

Oh the numbers on each runner in blue are the flow numbers in cubic feet per minute (cfm), top number is with iab plate open, bottom is with them closed. It looks like max cfm without the iab plate to restrict is approximately 330cfm per runner.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 03-13-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Those are pretty decent numbers. Judging from some of the head flow charts it looks like this thing will quickly out perform the head it's attached to unless a good bit of porting is done to the head.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Those are pretty decent numbers. Judging from some of the head flow charts it looks like this thing will quickly out perform the head it's attached to unless a good bit of porting is done to the head.
                      The F22A head flow numbers we all know / seen, are most likely from HondaFan's build, which CHR Racing performed the headwork for (same as my intake manifold). You would need one hell of a build to use another manifold, and if your needing those kind's of flow numbers, you might as well go ITB's.

Comment

These are posted on CD5Tuner.com:

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

^^ That has been posted many times. The a6 manifold without the butterflys would flow around 330+ cfm on the intake side, which means you would need +2mm? oversized valves most likely to get flow numbers greater? Either that or revving to the moon...
                          Last edited by cloudasc; 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

And that F22A head was "budget ported". I have seen numbers north of 310cfm from a port and polish on an F22. I have yet to see the CNC portflow numbers, I'm sure they are north of 310cfm..... The builds that I have seen utilize that much flow have both been carb'd or individual throttle body induction as mentioned.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

With all this flow "IN" wouldn't the exhaust need to be ported, port matched, etc.. to support?

Comment

Working...
                              X