Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antifreeze keeps leaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiball3 View Post
    Actually no, I can't smell anything. I've read some symptoms and my oil is fine, no milky stuff. And def. no white smoke coming from the exhaust, even if my flex is cracked I would see a constant white smoke, but I don't. Must be something small. I'll check the radiator if it's cracked? But the only thig is a bottle of coolant last me for like 1-2 wks?
    THEN FIND THE LEAK. Coolant only goes two places; on the ground or thru the engine, plain and simple.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I think it's time for you to do a pressure test to see where it's coming from. 3 jugs of coolant is a lot to be going through.

Comment

mine had i blown head gasket . it wouldn't smoke unless i rev it .
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
          mine had i blown head gasket . it wouldn't smoke unless i rev it .
          But you still saw it when you drove, correct?

Comment

I never seen any smoke, only that one morning I started it up..but it was for 2 secconds, when I came out it went away?

Comment

I never seen any smoke, only that one morning I started it up..but it was for 2 secconds, when I came out it went away?
              I think your leaking it, put something under the car over night like I suggested and then you will at least get a general area to start looking.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                But you still saw it when you drove, correct?
                no i had to take it up to 4k . 5k it really smoked .
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                  no i had to take it up to 4k . 5k it really smoked .
                  Crazy, mine does that at 5k as well, but its rings. Your leak must have been fairly small.

Comment

That would probably be just steam. Even my car lets out a little cloud of steam when i first start her up. It is really noticeable after i installed the WS2 but yeah it goes away after a few seconds of running.

I'd just check around the radiator because most of them are have an aluminum core but plastic almost everything else.

By any chance have you checked the lines going to the heater? i think there is a valve that opens and closes that goes bad.

Comment

na i couple of hours of driveing in the summer and still did it . i went through a lot of coolent . and did the same at winter time .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Have you check for dead cats or animals nearby? It doesn't take much to kill one. Hey, check your radiator cap? When was the last time you replaced it? First do pressure test, then replace the cap, it's cheap and you could rule it out.

Comment

mine was leaking like crazy so i just took it to a radiator shop and they found like 1 broken hoe, and 1 cracked one but they were way in the back where i couldnt reach em it looked like a bad time so i just paid them to do it,$40. sucked but saved me the hassle. then 2 weeks went by and as sson as i got to work i noticed alot of steam coming out from the hood and turns out another hose had busted. paid $15 for that one but that one was easy so i did it. point is get it checked out by someone wheo knows about shit like that. dont like to normally do that becasue i dont like anyone working on my cb7 other than me but if your tired of the bs just take it in. best advise i can give to you.

Comment

Have you tried pressure checking it? Most good auto parts stores have a pressure tester you can rent.

Comment

check the o-ring on the thermostat housing and check the o ring on the water pump outlet

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                                Crazy, mine does that at 5k as well, but its rings. Your leak must have been fairly small.
                                mine was the gasket . when it went down it had nothing left from that side and smoked at idle on its last day of life .
                                Last edited by Accord problems; 05-03-2012, 03:26 PM.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                                X