Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost

does anyone know how much a stock block and internals will handle boost wise?? i read that stock everything will handle up to 17 or 18 psi and it didnt sound right but thats just me

Boosting a stock block CAN break ringlands as the motor sees boost, otherwise it could last 10 seconds or two years, but the ringlands will break eventually even with the most awsome tune in the universe. If your going to boost invest in forged internals.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

true rumor has it that a stock block can handle 6-10lbs of boost safely but i havent seen the sheets to prove it

Comment

Cálmate boost lee

Comment

PSI varies from turbo to turbo. 10psi using a T25 will be considerably different from 10psi using a T4 (and I'm being vague here...)

With commonly used turbos, such as the Mitsubishi 14b, 6-10psi has been done.
          However, you WILL break a ringland with stock pistons. If you bothered searching at all on this site, you'd have seen that a number of times... as I myself have said this exact same thing in at least two dozen conversations in the past year alone.

Comment

opens thread drops this and leaves.....

my new turbo build

Comment

^ that definatley changed my mind about boosting with stock internals

Comment

Im not familiar with all the work involved with boosting properly, but I know its a lot of work, time, money, sweat, blood(well maybe not too much of this hopefully) and research. Just be aware of that.

Comment

It's not THAT much... spend more money and have someone else do the things you don't know how to do.

Comment

PM turbo90accord, if I remember right he once said he ran 14 psi or so (not sure on the model turbo, going back to deeve's original post) for a few years on stock internals without issue before wanting to go bigger. A lot of it has to do with the quality of the tune.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by devyncb7 View Post
                      does anyone know how much a stock block and internals will handle boost wise?? i read that stock everything will handle up to 17 or 18 psi and it didnt sound right but thats just me
                      4 or 6 lbs and ull be ok for a while depending on the current overall health of the motor. its not a simple yes or no answer. there are countless number of variables involved.

bottom line in any case
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Keep in mind, anyone that has "gone years" without blowing a ringland has also installed the turbo many years ago! These engines are ALL over 20 years old now. Many of them are ailing without any performance modifications!

The bottom line is, no matter what turbo, no matter how much boost, no matter how perfect the tune is... you WILL break a ringland. Maybe in a day, maybe in a year. The older these engines get, the shorter that time will be. If it is your first time boosting, and you're trying to do it on a budget, that's two more strikes against you... as you'll be cutting corners and learning as you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X