Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

driving and car dies.. 93 ex coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driving and car dies.. 93 ex coupe

i was just driving at 55mph and all of a sudden 0 rpm. tried clutch starting while still moving and nothing happens thinking its maby the ignition coil or the ICM am i right? which one is more likely because they are both about the same price around 80-100. i believe its a spark issue because i sprayed top shot into the intake and it doesnt even try to start just keeps crankin over so im pretty sure its not a fuel issue.

It's likely the ignitor based on other people's description of the same issue in the past. Do you have a junkyard that you could salvage the whole distributor from to test it out?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yea i have 2 close by and actually i have my old f22a1 still in the garage so im gonna grab them both and try the coil first because its so easy if it doesnt work ill then do the ICM and leave the coil as well because its way newer than the one thats in the car now and if neither works ill get back on to address the issue

Comment

if your going to do that you mind as well just change the whole distributor with the working one from your f22....that way your not wasting time ripping apart distributor's

Comment

I had this same issue and it was the ICM in the dizzy, oil got through the bearing and wrecked the internals. Reman dizzy and good to go.

Comment

I'd suggest testing both for voltage readings. From those tests they will tell you which one is dead or if a part is close to dying.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I just had something recent happen.

Make sure your distributor rotor didn't come off the distributor. My set screw decided to back itself out and rip up the plastic around there.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

this happened before on my old car and it was the ICM and i fixed it over the weekend it was the ICM and while i was at it i did plugs and wires and on a different note full valve cover gasket kid because it was leaking oil i think might have got into the distributor and im all good now

Comment

Same thing happened to me, replaced the ignitor and problem was fixed.

Comment

does anyone know where the ICM is located? i know where the coil is, but where is the ICM

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me. I was driving down the freeway at about 75mph and my car just dies. I didn't have any clue what was wrong with it. Got it home and it turned over but would not start. It turned out to be my timing belt broke. Pull the cap off of your dizzy and make sure the rotor is turning while you are cranking it. I hope it isn't your timing belt!!! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        I had this same issue and it was the ICM in the dizzy, oil got through the bearing and wrecked the internals. Reman dizzy and good to go.
                        Originally posted by Rookdarealest View Post
                        does anyone know where the ICM is located? i know where the coil is, but where is the ICM
                        Inside the dizzy.

Comment

Working...
                        X