Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic Fluid Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Fluid Change

I need some info on changing my transmission fluid
    1. how much transmission fluid to I need to buy (liters)
    2. Has anyone heard of Lubgaurd transmission additive and it is recommended.

Thanks in advance

Type ATF in the search bar and start reading bro.
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Use only Honda ATF!

Comment

I don't have good words on Honda DW-1 fluid, currently available from Honda dealers, based on my experience using it on '98 Civic. I used 3qts of it for partial drain and refill. The following day, my wife who drives the Civic says something wrong with the car. She says the car does not drive like it used to.

The following week, I did 3qts partial drain and refill with Castrol fluids (for Imports) three times to flush out DW-1. Since then, no more complain from my better half.

Our Accords are older than her Civic that it may not be beneficial to use DW-1.
        Last edited by oyajicool; 10-17-2012, 10:03 PM.
        A&P-IA

Comment

thanks for the info guys.

Comment

decent info in this thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=192200

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
              Thank for this.

Comment

Thanks, this thread helped me too!!!! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ExecutiveCB7 View Post
                  I need some info on changing my transmission fluid
                  1. how much transmission fluid to I need to buy (liters)
                  2. Has anyone heard of Lubgaurd transmission additive and it is recommended.

Thanks in advance
                  Why do you want to change your transmission fluid? Are you having transmission problems? Hard shifting? Etc? If you are, I would check your engine mounts first, if they don't look ancient and nonexistent, I would then take it and get the fluid flushed.

Now, I could be wrong, and if I am please correct me, but I've always heard it is a bad idea to change tranny fluid unless you NEED to. Add some, sure, but changing it out is a bad idea unless you have a certified mechanic say you need to.

I could be totally wrong and I might have heard some ricer garbage, so... let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Frijoles View Post
                    Why do you want to change your transmission fluid? Are you having transmission problems? Hard shifting? Etc? If you are, I would check your engine mounts first, if they don't look ancient and nonexistent, I would then take it and get the fluid flushed.

Now, I could be wrong, and if I am please correct me, but I've always heard it is a bad idea to change tranny fluid unless you NEED to. Add some, sure, but changing it out is a bad idea unless you have a certified mechanic say you need to.

I could be totally wrong and I might have heard some ricer garbage, so... let me know.
                    I was under the impression if it smells burnt or is brown and not cherry red it should be changed. The manual says if i am not mistaken every 30k miles.

Here is an older thread that may also help out.http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=147570

This has some information that is not touched on. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193886

Comment

Here's something to read. Go down to "Automatic Transmission Maintenance".

http://www.aa1car.com/library/pm.htm
                      A&P-IA

Comment

That is absolutely ricer garbage. It's a bad idea to forcefully flush a transmission, but the fluid should be changed regularly. In fact, the lack of proper fluid changes is one of the reasons Honda transmissions get a bad rap. People say they're unreliable... but it's largely because people don't understand the importance of changing the fluid (with proper fluid.) 100,000 miles on the same fluid will cause serious damage.

Use Honda ATF. Other brands can work, but it's often hit or miss. Most people here have had nothing but good luck in their CB7s with Honda fluid.
                        NEVER put any additives in your transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          That is absolutely ricer garbage. It's a bad idea to forcefully flush a transmission, but the fluid should be changed regularly. In fact, the lack of proper fluid changes is one of the reasons Honda transmissions get a bad rap. People say they're unreliable... but it's largely because people don't understand the importance of changing the fluid (with proper fluid.) 100,000 miles on the same fluid will cause serious damage.

Use Honda ATF. Other brands can work, but it's often hit or miss. Most people here have had nothing but good luck in their CB7s with Honda fluid.
                          NEVER put any additives in your transmission.
                          Thanks for letting me know! I try not to spread false information, but I'm still learning myself.

Comment

That's been a very popular misconception. Quite a few things end up getting twisted as they continue to be regurgitated. Another big one is that "h22 blocks are weak"... but that's a discussion for another thread.

Comment

I am experiencing some hard shining, especially at lower speeds (meaning if dip on the gas and go till 4th no hard shifting)

I did get the ATF changed, but there were alot of metal debris.

Comment

Working...
                              X