Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-97 Springtech coilovers, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deevergote, no need to be cynical.

Buzz, i guess i dont see the difference between these "truhart" parts and a mix match of KYB's and Tein springs except you get a fancy name to it and a high price tag.

Comment

You need to do more research. Do you see any reviews on those "truhart" parts? Now do you see any reviews on KYB's? How about Teins? Which do you trust based on reviews?

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
      My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
      Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

i get that, and i actually found a couple people using the Truhart stuff and they didnt seem to have anything bad to say.

because i went and read the Tein S-tech springs it said and i quote "TEIN S.Tech Springs are an excellent step towards suspension tuning. They offer approximately a 2.0 front and 1.5 rear inch drop for a more aggressive appearance and increased road holding capability. Designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks. Each application is road tested in North America for the proper balance between performance and comfort."

so i've decided to make the best of both worlds im just going to go with Tein S-tech's and oem replacement struts, this will be fine for a year untill i can save for some F&F1's

Comment

At least you're buying new struts...

Comment

i would never try to use old struts theyre old and tired that is a recipe for disaster.

Now not to be a dick but Deevergote ur opinion isnt the end all be all only answer. I appreciate ur input and respect ur opinion and I get that ur just trying to help me do it right the first time, but i can only do what my pocket book says. And my pocket book says $300 give or take.

theres people in the suspension section showing CB's on stock struts and on springs, so i see it like "If they can, why cant I?"

Comment

Originally posted by CB7DX420 View Post
              but i can only do what my pocket book says. And my pocket book says $300 give or take.
              Your pocketbook isn't making you lower your car now. What's wrong with waiting 9 months to do it properly? If your shocks are blown, just replace the shocks. Then you can sell them in good condition in 9 months.

Do it right, or don't do it all, especially when it puts others' lives at risk.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

There's a difference between an opinion and a knowledge of how things work. I'm not telling you what color to paint your car. I am telling you what is safe, and what is not.
                Even if Tein says their S Tech springs are compatible with stock shocks, you'll find conflicting information elsewhere. In fact, most mild shock upgrades from KYB and Tokico (two very common brands) say that their "upgrades" aren't intended for a drop lower than 1"-1.5", or a spring rate greater than 15% over stock. Tein S Techs exceed both of those.
                Now, if you're getting quality springs for I'd assume $200-ish, you're spending $100 or so on stock replacement shocks? That leaves you with what... Gabriel, Monroe, or some no-name brand? If Tokico and KYB aren't compatible with 95% of the name-brand lowering springs on the market, those crap brands sure as hell won't be!
                Improperly matched suspension components are dangerous. Period. That is not my opinion. It is a fact. You might be fine. Many are. But you might also be forced to slam on the brakes when a small child chases a ball out into the street, and your improperly matched shocks/springs will allow your tires to bounce... meaning you won't be able to stop or maintain control of your vehicle.

I've seen far too many of my members crash because they cheaped out on their suspensions. I speak from not only my own experience, but the experience of many others in this community.

It's a difference of $300 (well... $600 if you include an alignment and a quality camber kit... and don't cheap out on that either. I did that myself, and nearly ate it at 65mph in rush hour traffic when it broke!)
                You're 20 years old. I assume you're not physically handicapped.
                Spring just started. Your neighbors will be cleaning up their yards, cleaning out their garages, planting flowers, mowing lawns, painting fences... Hire yourself out for odd jobs, and you'll have the money to lower your car safely in a matter of weeks, not months.

Comment

I'm actually already working and i have a whopping 100 bucks a month extra after bills to pay for food and gas, that leaves me minimal cash flow for suspension. So that means id maybe be able to afford the extra 300 for F&F1's in oh 6 months or so, that doesnt include the camber kit or an allignment so add on another 3 months, I dont feel like rolling on STOCK suspension looking like a 4x4 for the entire summer and most of winter, id much rather it be lowered.

I get what you guys are saying so ill just stop this entire thread and say that i'll figure it out on my own.

Comment

I'm actually already working and i have a whopping 100 bucks a month extra after bills to pay for food and gas, that leaves me minimal cash flow for suspension. So that means id maybe be able to afford the extra 300 for F&F1's in oh 6 months or so, that doesnt include the camber kit or an allignment so add on another 3 months, I dont feel like rolling on STOCK suspension looking like a 4x4 for the entire summer and most of winter, id much rather it be lowered.

I get what you guys are saying so ill just stop this entire thread and say that i'll figure it out on my own.
                    Sounds like you shouldn't be modifying cars then, you have to pay to play.

Comment

It's been many moons ago, but i've heard of truhart iirc not so much performance related more for the lowering type. But hey a little digging goes along ways i suggests if you are considering them or any combo you do research and if possible contact those that have used said setup.

My opinion unless you want to be a test dumby and possibly waste your money just save for a better setup.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

how much would a decent set of coilovers run?
                        im not gonna be tracking the car ever, just want to get it down maybe 2 inches.
                        I keep hearing about F&F1, but im not sure where to find em or how much they run?
                        if its up in the 600 700 area i cant do it i just dont have that much to drop into the suspension right now, maybe this winter or next spring but not any time soon lol
                        If you cant afford to do it right stay stock

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I assumed you were already working. Surely you aren't working 7 days a week, from sunup to sundown?

What you're saying is essentially the same as saying "I really want a Gucci t-shirt, but I don't have $200... so I'll just rock the Goochi t-shirt for now."
                          Only aside from just looking like a dumbass, you'll actually be risking your safety, as well as the safety of others with you, anyone unfortunate enough to be in your path when you lose control.

Trust me... not a single person on this site that knows anything at all will support you buying cheap suspension components. If you want ignorant fools to say it's a good idea, it might take a while. I'm proud to say that the ignorant fools are usually the minority in this community.

Comment

Sounds like you have bigger problems than suspensions

Prob dont have anything saved up.... and you want to lower your car

Priorities friend

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Safe up and get a good setup...

Comment

Like i said ill figure something out.

thread over.

Comment

Working...
                                X