Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Difficult to swap an H22 into this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult to swap an H22 into this?

I have an 1991 model Accord with F20A3 carburated engine. Recently the engine has been idling between 1600-1800 rpm when cold and 1000-1300 when warm. Since I've got about zero usable knowledge about electronically controlled carburators I've been thinking about swapping in a H22 engine but I'm afraid that it might not be a realistic idea.

What do you guys think?

My engine bay

You would need to convert to fuel injection, obviously. That could be fairly complicated. Not impossible, though. Since all CBs in the US and Canada are fuel injected, the majority of this site's population probably doesn't know much to help.
    evil_demon_01 might be able to offer some assistance.

Comment

where do you get one of those? a carb'd CB? i hve never seen that before
      visit vgruk

Comment

That's because you live in the US.
        Pretty much every other market had them.

Comment

If you are electronically handicapped with carb'ed car, what makes you think it will be better to have H22 swapped in?

It would be more electronically challenging to pull off, won't it?
          Last edited by oyajicool; 05-25-2013, 04:57 PM.
          A&P-IA

Comment

I would ditch this idea. It's really only something you should attempt if you just want to say you did. If you can find another CB in your area you'd be better off just purchasing that. There's too much work and cost involved to swap it over to fuel injection.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you're looking for a challenge you could look into fitting a set of 45mm Weber side draft carbs to an H22. Ignition timing would be the other thing to consider...... However, if you are looking for a quick swap.... PGM-FI H22 into carb Accord would not be my choice.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-25-2013, 06:19 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've scratching my head over this idea for a while and pretty much realised already that it would be pretty hard or near impossible for a novice like myself. I've come a cross a 2.0 fuel injected CB in my area which is for sale, might be able to mix an H22 into my car with parts from both cars.

The only reason why I'm considering this is because this car is really solid, very little rust which is amazing considering were it has been all its life. Don't want it to die just because the carb is screwed and all the parts I need to fix it are not available from Honda anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                  If you are electronically handicapped with carb'ed car, what makes you think it will be better to have H22 swapped in?

It would be more electronically challenging to pull off, won't it?
                  It's not that I'm electronically handicapped in fixing this car. I've been neck deep into PGM-FI all my life and pretty confident in how to fix those engines. This is my first PGM-Carb Honda and all those vacuum tubes and sensors are whats getting to me, i.e. tubes which should've vacuum but don't.

Comment

I didn't mean to insult you in any way when I said what I said.
                    I took in information you posted and commented on it.
                    If you have wealth of knowledge on working on our cars equipped with FI, you'll be tremendous benefit to us all.

Welcome to the forum.
                    A&P-IA

Comment

If you can find a fuel injected car to take parts from, it should be fairly simple. You just need to be sure to swap over ALL parts that differ between the models (I believe the fuel pump may be different... not sure on the lines.)

Comment

I say keep the unique f20.. Anyway.

Does it smoke and kind of putputput when its running? If so its probably a choke pull off problem. You could check for vacuum leaks along the carb.. Um.. Also, if your throttle cable is too tight that'll make it idle high. That's all I got, sorry if it doesn't help. Try looking up stuff on those late 80's model Hondas. I believe 89 accords were carbs, could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokémon View Post
                          What is that sprouting out of the header's heat shield? Obviously it's for the carburetor, but what does it do?

Carbureted VTEC would be awesome...
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-26-2013, 12:11 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

^pretty sure it's EGR or I wonder if it warms up the carb?

Comment

Can you not rebuild or replace the carbuetors?
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X