Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Logic Motorsports Tri Y header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    But isn't the High End itself a replica of one of HyTech's H22 designs?
    hytech's is a little different

Highends are straight long tubes w/o the 4-2-1 merge from the head

tri-y is just a long tube header styles generic name, they have tri-y's for 55 belairs.. and it looks like theres about 4 cloners of hytechs tri each adding their own little twist like a flange from Header to Downpipe or an extended downpipe with a flex and cat flange..

I like highends based on looks and that it has long straight tubes almost to the collector this will be a big help with grunt down low. The only thing that baffles me is that almost all headers you see combine cylinders 1 & 4 and 2 & 3, probably for scavenging. whereas this one(highends) 1&2 / 3&4 are together

Comment

It is very similar, but I'm going along with support for this one because it's apparently well made and supported, and not a clear knockoff.

There are some that are obviously poor quality knockoff designs... some even marketed as such. I simply cannot support those. The low quality and low price makes the companies that make quality parts for us abandon this market very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
        tri-y is just a long tube header styles generic name, they have tri-y's for 55 belairs.. and it looks like theres about 4 cloners of hytechs tri each adding their own little twist like a flange from Header to Downpipe or an extended downpipe with a flex and cat flange..

I like highends based on looks and that it has long straight tubes almost to the collector this will be a big help with grunt down low. The only thing that baffles me is that almost all headers you see combine cylinders 1 & 4 and 2 & 3, probably for scavenging. whereas this one(highends) 1&2 / 3&4 are together
        Long tube headers are for top end and high RPM... There are Tri-y (4-2-1) style headers and there are 4-1 style headers. Ether can be long or short tube. Depending on where your engine is designed to make power. The cylinder pairing is based on the engines firing order. it is to make use of scavenging.

Tri-y used to be more for the street/circuit track and low end power. Where as the long tube 4-1 was more of a drag race oriented header. Header designers have now incorporated tri-y into long tube designs as well. This is more of a cross between the two. Alloing the scavanging effects of the Tri-y inot a long tube design for engines of higher RPM levels.

Long primary tubes = mid - high rpm range
        Short primary tubes = low to mid rpm range

Biggest thing to look for in the fabrication of any of these headers is the type of materials used.

304 Stainless in a 14-16 gauge would be preferred. Start getting thinner than that and you are loosing heat from the exhaust tubes and into the engine bay.

Most of the knock off headers just say they are stainless steel and don't even mention the grade or wall thickness. Most are paper thin and a lower grade stainless.... 400 series most likely as I was able to stick a magnet to the set I bought for testing. The wall thickness was thinner than 18 gauge. It was paper thin. Not anything that I would put on any engine.
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-02-2013, 12:05 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

My question was rhetorical, sorry. HyTech makes two basic header designs for the H22: a short tube (which looks like the first one in illinois_erik's last post) you can get in either of two specifications, and a long tube that the High End replicates.

Another relatively cheap option for a quality short-tube header, for $570, is the re-released Vibrant:

https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...n&key=VIB-2540
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-04-2013, 03:24 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

With the Vibrant header mentioned above, does it leak where the two pieces meet? That would be the only flaw that i could notice. Could I get it welded together to eliminate the springs?

Comment

You could get it welded... hell, it's probably best. By nature that design is not going to be a perfect seal, but I haven't heard any stories of noticeable leakes.

Special deal for Prelude Power members that I'm sure Rosko will still honor at $550 shipped (detailed info on the header in this link as well):

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=345446

Another benefit of the Vibrant over the High End is that it doesn't require notching the cross-member or replacing it with a traction bar to fit. Still clears A/C and power steering.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Awesome, I already have an aftermarket traction bar so that won't be an issue.
                Last edited by gainesvilleCB7; 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

It fits around A/C. Check out that thread I linked, it's got tons of pictures fitted onto an H23A VTEC in a fifth-gen Prelude. As far as engine fitment, it's exactly what you'd see in your H22 Accord.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That looks like the one I'm gonna need, thanks for the links!

Comment

Really just depends on what kind of performance you're looking for, like GhostAccord explained, short tube vs long. Both are popular, quality headers.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

my motor loves top end and will be used mainly for drag racing so the long tune will be my best option i think

Comment

I have to side with deev about the knock off products (only slightly). I was looking for amber DEPO corner lights... yeah they are no where online any more.

Comment

Originally posted by gainesvilleCB7 View Post
                            my motor loves top end and will be used mainly for drag racing so the long tune will be my best option i think
                            Then you'll be wanting the High End, not the Vibrant.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ok, i will let everyone know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                              X