Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my ignorance will amaze you.. p14 f22a1..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ignorance will amaze you.. p14 f22a1..

ok so I bought my car with two ecus, and it turns out that the one ive been fucking running with is a P14!!! godamnit! its been months. and slowly the car has been losing power so I swapped the original ecu back in. but now when I turn my car on it idles at loike 200rpm and is rougher than a fucking horse and pours out smoke. soo I decided to look up t he godamn p14 what the fuck. what damage have I done because of my fucking ignorance. I apologize if I just went overboard with cursing.

Google search..
    P14 : 93-95 OBD-1 Prelude Si (non Vtec)
    Source: http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html

If you're sane enough to apologize for cursing via a keyboard, use the backspace key. In regards to damage, before panicking .. do a compression test..

Pop vTec

Comment

Well one positive is that when is swapped back to the stock ecu I regained a lot of power but idles sooo of so rough and smoky on startup after a minute or so it idles fine but still smokes some

Comment

When u changed ecu's, did u pull the fuse for like 30 sec. And when u start the car, did u have all accessories off and let the ecu set.when I change ecu's I start the car and don't touch anything even gas for 5 min.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
          When u changed ecu's, did u pull the fuse for like 30 sec. And when u start the car, did u have all accessories off and let the ecu set.when I change ecu's I start the car and don't touch anything even gas for 5 min.
          I disconnected the battery unplugged p14 plugged in the stock one and reconnected the battery and let the car sit for a few minutes then started it

Comment

There could be a reason why the P14 was in there. The stock one you have may have been bad so the original owner bought the P14 as a replacement and did not realize what it was for.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

im really not that worried anymore, im picking up a f23a1 vtec friday and going to start getting the bay prepped for that swap.

Comment

If you're in the New England area I have my ecu you could try out before you go for a swap. I don't need it anymore seeing as how I'm doing an H swap.
                Originally posted by cb9love
                when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Working...
                X