Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tighter steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tighter steering?

Any ideas on how I can make my steering a lil tighter... Steering is pretty loose. Turns to easily.

Remove the power steering pump and do a manual rack conversion.
    Or an easier way is get a 88-91 Prelude steering wheel. For my conversion I had to grind a lot off of the back because it was rubbing on the back making it difficult to steer.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

How does changing the steering wheel to one off a prelude affect steering effort?

Comment

Your question/description is unclear. If it's loose you need you need new joints and/or bushings. If it turns too mushy and you want it to be more responsive then get poly bushings. If for whatever reason the steering is too light and you wanted it stiffer, the only way to do that without degrading performance would be stickier tires or get a smaller diameter steering wheel. If you are talking about tightening up the rack for improved steering ratio, that will require custom work. Easiest way would be to shorten the tie rod radius to spindle radius. It will quicken the steering rack and increase effort.
        Last edited by Domesticated; 04-27-2014, 02:56 AM.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
          How does changing the steering wheel to one off a prelude affect steering effort?
          It probably has a smaller diameter which requires a greater force on the wheel radius to produce the same steering torque.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            It probably has a smaller diameter which requires a greater force on the wheel radius to produce the same steering torque.
            Well, I was trying to say the Prelude steering wheel rubs against the steering column and friction makes the steering feel more stiff, but to make me seem smarter sure, that.

But that reasoning might actually work for what you are looking for, but I do not think the Prelude wheel will be small enough to make a difference.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I have something wrong with my suspension, so I changed the tie rods that were bad and got an alignment. I noticed the steering was a lot tighter and stays straight better and the steering is more responsive.

Comment

Get an ESP traction bar. It removes the compliance of the stock rubber bushings and gives a more responsive feel.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Get an ESP traction bar. It removes the compliance of the stock rubber bushings and gives a more responsive feel.
                  +1

Comment

A front sway bar from a 96 97 accord EX makes a small difference. I also used energy bushings on the ends of the sway bar. Just make sure its from an EX model because the other DX lx bars are the same as our cb7, I'm pretty sure. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that is exactly what I'm ridding on with front and rear strut bars, my car handles a lot better... the 88 91 prelude steering wheel could be a good idea. I'm sure it could look more appealing also.

Comment

Working...
                    X